what should be changed

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by meggzie, Apr 5, 2009.

1. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i've never done a thread before so forgive me.

this is just pretty much about what you dont like in csi ny and should be changed. it could be a pairing a actor/actress an episode, anything you dont like.

enjoy .

2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Lindsay should either go, or she should go back to the feisty, interesting , independent, character she was in s2, when her relationship with Danny went no further than a little flirting and teasing. All of her major storylines now are more about Danny than her, and the character barely makes an impact in episodes any more. Angell and Adam seem to be more interesting right now. Lindsay seems to be nothing more than 'Danny's girlfriend who happens to work at the lab' while Angell, while she is dating Flack, comes across as a 'large' character in her own right, she has her own personality and can carry off scenes on her own, she doesn't need Flack as a prop. Minus Danny, Lindsay does little more than provide us with occasional humour, scientific facts, and demonstrations of evidence, which I think is really bad for a character who is fourth in the credits line up. I actually enjoy her in scenes with any character other than Danny, it would be nice to see her relationships with Mac and Stella develop more.

Danny should wear glasses again.

3. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

occasional humor, when was she funny? lol and same i like danny with glasses but i dontmind him without either. and lindsay was never even that good in the beggining but i have to admit she is so much worse now and everything she does is to do with danny

4. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Hawkes would have a lot more to do! Hill Harper is such a talented actor, he should be allowed to strut his stuff!

Speaking of which, and on a more shallow note, he should take his shirt off once and awhile.

5. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Amen to you G!

I'd like to add if TPTB want Lindsay be "likeable" she should be considered a human being. NOT A CHILD. She needs to assume responsabilities for her actions. Her colleagues at the lab are not there to "humour her" or to be her personal guinea pigs. Also it would be interesting if some day she could do anything wrong because until now we can believe she is the purest thing ever and she does not make mistakes at all (and i don't dislike her but "this" issue just alienates me

And yes, i would like a closer relationship to Stella because after the Finale she will be so alone of girl friends

Debbs ;)

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Word. So much word. Hill is so wasted on this show - it's about time they stuck someone else on the back burner and gave him some real focus.

Word on this as well. :devil:

7. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Hmmm... we've never seen his bare torso, right? If so, why can't I recall it? *sigh* In any case, that's one of the many things that need to change. Give the man a storyline lasting more than one episode. Kara was such an interesting opportunity, but it became nothing.

Whoa, you made it sound like children are not human beings. Mind you, some of them (and their parents) aren't :guffaw:But, yeah, you're right, honey. Her verbose explanations, which are supposed to be oh so cool and oh so smart, annoy the hell out of me. Had I been give the chance, I would have kicked Mac's butt when he humored her during 5.16. Instead of "Stella, let her finish", he should have told the teacher's pet to get straight to the point. In my book, saying saying unimportant, uninteresting stuff just to look clever doesn't grant you higher grades. Quite on the contrary, actually. Quoting a writer, "what is good, if brief, is twice as good".

Also, focus on other characters! We don't need to get our pointless, cheesy, incomprehensibly long DL share in each and every episode, especially since it means taking minutes away from other storylines, some of them potentially interesting.

8. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I would:

Bring back Danny's glasses.

Have a Lindsay moment where she's finally called to account, taken to task for something. Would put her on a level playing field with everyone else.

DL. I'll simply say there would be changes where DL are concerned.

Would devote more time and material to Hawkes. Overdue.

Would find out what happened to Louie. Would check in on Reed.

Would make Brandon less bland, more interesting. Stella deserves at least that much.

Not really, but just for fun:
    Outtakes played during the closing credits, from the ep that just aired. At least make 'em available online or on dvds or something.

Crossovers with NCIS or Criminal Minds or both.

Mac: his MIA/NYC NonStop sideburns. For for one episode.

Sid's hat from Snow Day would make another appearance.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  9. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

The writers/producers

10. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

yh crossover with ncis or criminal minds would be so good

11. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

I agree, I'd like to see more of Reed and what happened... Where is he now?

YES i TOTALLY agree with the whole Outtake one... I mean who does not enjoy outtakes... Maybe though, NOT at the end of the episode only beacuse I think it would lose the whole seriouseness of the episode but definatly on the DVD or online =D

12. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I would like for TPTB to have a sense of continuity. People visiting Aiden's grave, more scenes with Reed, what the hell happened to Louie, etc etc. And I'd like for them not to mess up character histories (like the Danny coming from a family of cops... if he came from a family of cops, then why would Mac be advised not to take him onto the team???).

I'd also love it if they actually develop other characters. Maybe Adam's past could be brought in, and Sheldon's too.

And as a firm hater of Mary-Sues, I would love for Lindsay to be developed as a dynamic character, instead of a flatline, static character. She had potential that...basically fizzled out. TPTB should stick to Anna's strength, which is more towards humor/scientific and not emotional. And Lindsay should be written better, not as the newbie being handled with kid gloves (she's far from newbie... she's been on the show for how many seasons??). If TPTB can't do it, then they should just get rid of the character before she drags other characters down.

Also, they shouldn't portray CSIs breaking the law so much. It doesn't exactly work. Or, at least, it shouldn't. :rolleyes:

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i think the writers this season have got danny confused with carmine because carmine is from a family of cops,carmine is from staten island, carmine gave up a sports carrer because of injury hmmmmm any simularities i mean come on ive heard of becoming your character but not your character becoming you.
    and i have pretty much givern up on what happened to louie or hearing about reed and aiden again apparently if they are gone for more than 2 episodes they never existed.

and please GOD if i could go as high as him so not let lindsay do any more emotional scenes she actually almost makes me cry when she tries :lol:
    i mean i was watching stealing home yesterday and even her anger was pathertically portrayed SHE CANT ACT her acting was poor and her delivery was very bad especially in the end when she was talking to mac NO EMOTION. soz for being a bit dramatic but she just gets on my nerves:guffaw:

14. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I'd love to see it in the guest star credits.

15. Enhinti

Enhinti Rookie

Totally agree!
    The continuity is being played with too much. It makes the show unrealistic.
    Louie should wake up from his coma, people really do wake up from long comas some times. Or at least Danny should go to the hospital and visit him and talk to him!