Adam #8: At The Tone, The Delko Time Is: 5 Minutes Past Hot

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by midnight_tiptoes, Nov 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Happy Birthday, Adam. You're an incredibly talented (as well as gorgeous) actor, and I hope to follow your work for years to come.

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I have a question for the group:

In which episode do you think Adam gave his strongest performance?

We are talking about that in the Emily thread an it seemed a good idea to bring it here :).

I'm still torn about my pick so I'll let you guys go first :).

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

There are so many, let me see:

1. Extreme - when he gets involved in the car theft ring investigation.
    2. Internal Affairs - His fight with Natalia's ex-husband was a great one, loved angry Eric in this scene.
    3. No Man's Land and Man Down when he got shot...need I say more??
    4. Ambush and All In - the ending when he discovers Calleigh is missing and pays Cooper a visit - again loved angry Eric..
    5. I also liked him in Broken Home, when he came back to work. I just felt for him in that episode. It was like he was starting from scratch, made me so sympathetic.
    6. Smoke Gets... - from the moment Calleigh started coughing in interrogation, to the moment he he sat next to her and told her he would stay as long as she wanted him to.:adore:
    7. Born to Kill - the ending with him watching the kiss and Calleigh walk off with Jake :(
    8. Bang, Bang, Your Debt - he was struggling with his hallucinations, then discovering Cooper was using Speed's credit cards.
    9. Deluca Motel - his scene with his mother actually brought me to tears. It was do hard to go through that after so long your life wasn't really the truth. Not to mention your birth date wasn't even correct and hearing that your consummation was through a mistake...
    10. And How Does that Make You Kill - The entire episode. Having to deal with your therapist get killed and having your deepest secrets revealed, especially to the woman you love...tough.
    11. Sink or Swim...his encounter with his father was like an adrenaline rush for me to watch. I wanted to jump through screen and knock his father out too!
    There are so many more and I couldn't narrow it down to one because he's just such a great actor. Also, I guess we've established that I like angry Eric :drool:, but who here doesn't?

Here's little info on Adam staring in the Tyler Perry Movie. The articles have little on him, too and are similar - I'm so excited for him, this is BIG!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/content_display/news/e3i965b4d32129d971ffead4b61f5e81960

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSTRE5320PB20090403

4. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think he was great in Bang bang your debt. He showed how hard is to handle with so serious injuries like bullet in your head. That even after a long time it's still a lot of problems you have to deal with and it's not getting easier as fast as you would like too.
    But I liked the Head Case too. His internal struggle about revealing his true feelings for Calleigh when she asked him what he wanted was so obvious. It was amazing how confused and torn he looked. I think he was amazing in that episode.:)

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You guys have mentioned some great moments and I love all of them!!! I too love angry Eric. :)

The ones that jump out to me the most are:

1) DeLuca Motel: the scene with his mom was so sweet and so heart breaking to see him confirm what he had been suspecting all along.

2) Ambush: loved the anger he portrayed in that visit to Cooper

3) BBYD: he struggled so much during the course of that episode. The hallucinations, the betrayal from Cooper, etc.

4) Smoke gets...: he was AMAZING in this one. He was so frustrated and scared that it just made my heart ache. I really thought we would get Eric getting pissed at the world for what had happened but what we got was so unexpected and so much better. He was actually scared and you could see the understanding in his eyes that he had to act right there and not let time continue by with his feelings toward Cal.

5) Death Grip: I loved how much it touched him when the latin girl went missing and no one seemed to care. Adam portrayed the hurt and frustration amazingly.

I'm sure I'm missing other great moments so when they pop into my mind I'll come back :).

6. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

I just went back and watched the Eric/Calleigh scenes in SGIYCSI and I have to say, he is awesome in that.

He's so protective of her when she is having her attack in the interrogation room. And then in the hospital when he's spilling his guts to her, he looks so vulnerable and sweet. When she asks him to stay with her, there is the most adorable look of relief and peace on his face.

He covered a lot of emotions in that episode. So that would be my vote.

*swoon*

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Oh goodness, there are so many to choose from.

The first one that stands out to me is Death Grip. He was deeply affected by the missing Cuban girl. I love how Calleigh is the one who stood with him.

Any episode where Eric is protective. Be it him being protective of Natalia (when her ex showed up at the lab) or when he damn near took Cooper's head off after Calleigh's kidnapping, that shows a lot for his character.

When Calleigh collapsed in front of him, my heart went out to him. He was so afraid of losing her that he was beside himself.

When he confronted his father in Sink or Swim....I could feel the anger he had towards that man. He just wanted answers and his father refused to give them to him.

Finally, the Deluca Motel. When he confronted his mom about his father. I wanted to cry for him. He looked so hurt and so betrayed. Everything he had known up to that point was a lie, who could blame him.

8. edukshun

edukshun Victim

Ok im trying to find pix of him from this past Monday episode. I clicked on a website,but I didnt see them post it there. anyone have pic of it?

9. AnnaDelko

AnnaDelko Police Officer

you can find them here :drool::drool:

10. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Love your avatar Ginnna! Gotta love that Eric/Adam sexy smirk:drool:

Happy Belated Birthday to Adam, hope you had an absolutely fabulous day!

How hot was Adam in the last episode, thank you for keeping in shape for us :drool: (and for yourself, I'm sure ;)). If they keep this up, we'll demand him to be shirtless in every episode :lol:

In which episode do you think Adam gave his strongest performance?

Deluca Motel: Exact reason as you guys mentioned, his scene with his mother was heartbreaking, I just wanted to give him a hug as you can see the hurt and confusion he was going thru about his biological father. Adam did a wonderful job of conveying those emotions without going over the top.

Death Grip: Again, what you guys have written already. His concern, disappointment, and anger over the "missing" Hispanic girl was understandable, he was frustrated that not enough was being done. He felt helpless to do anything despite already being in the position of trying and utilizing the available resources to find the girl.

BBYD: They never really focused on how Eric dealt with Speedle's death and the impact it had on him. It's obvious they were close buddies and it was natural for him to miss him and Adam did a great job on portraying how Eric was struggling to cope at times from his brain injury and the kind of after-effects it had on him personally and professionally. I love how he wanted to protect the image, memory and legacy of his friend and colleague Speed.

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I also have to mention how Adam portrayed Eric's battle when Marisol was sick. First of all the way Eric lit up when he saw his sister made it so clear to me that he loved her so much. I think he did and amazing job throughout all those episodes were he struggled with helping her in her sickness, Horatio getting involved with her, the weed stuff with IAB, her death, and finally his trip to Rio. It's not just one episode or one performance and when you put them all together it really was a great portrayal of a very difficult time in Eric's life.

12. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I'd have to say the time when he was shot. I think his performance after that you know struggling back to health was interesting to watch.

13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep :thumbsup:. After-shooting Eric is more analyzing, careful, and thinks things more through. Adam has highlighted this differences amazingly well. The one thing that I would like from the old Eric is his confidence. It's pretty logical to feel insecure about how you do things after experiencing something like that, especially with his memory loss. I think that he has become a little more confident now but he still has ways to go.

14. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Oooh. Now this is a thread a like. I was beginning to think Eric Delko couldn't get any love anymore. Nice to know I was wrong :)

Love all the epi you guys have listed.

Have to add Nailed to the list.
    -His anger and frustration at Wolfe in telling him if he thought Ryan could understand he would explain.
    -His racing down the highway and yelling at Wolfe not to take the nail out of his eye.
    -His "oh boy, dad is mad" upset look when Horatio was put out with him for not being where he was supposed to be when he was supposed to be. He hates disappointing H.

The Mole episode..when he tells the feds where to go and how to get there when they try to accuse him of taking the money.

Stand Your Ground. When he's man enough to admit that maybe Jake wasn't such a bad guy after all...(I don't agree but you know good writing anyway:))

All time favorite has to be Sink or Swim...It was ALL Good!

15. luvcsimiami

luvcsimiami Hit and Run

Well said Hiphugger17,

Couldn't agree more but then you know that already :thumbsup:. I do want the confident Eric back. I like the sensitive, internal, less angry Eric and the confidence to that mix would be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.