"Mascara" 200th Ep Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

And it was an epic fail too!!!!!!!!!!

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Glad to see I'm not the only one who hated it.

With all due respect to LF, this was a horrible, horrible episode. And for TPTB to take the 200th episode and leave the entire cast out save for a few scenes, was just disrespectful to GE, MH, and EZ. Seriously, those three have been with the show since the beginning.

And now I'm joining the rest of the "Please stop shoving Langston down my throat."

This was the worst CSI episode I've ever watched.

Oh and as a Nick fan-loved the two scenes we got Nick looking "OMG!" and Nick speaking Spanish.

If any of the TPTB read this board, I will say this, "You blew it!"

Honestly, I'm totally ticked off. I don't know if I will be watching it again next week or even next season if this keeps us. I was so hoping for more scenes with Nick, but lord, TPTB only switched gears and have made this show all about Langston. Sad, really sad.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I honestly don't think him using Cath/Nick's office is any indication that he's taking over. I think he was just simply using the computer. Maybe there's no computer in his office.

But yeah, awful, awful episode.

I agree with you mfcsi. I think it was very disrespectful to George, Marg and Eric. I mean seriously, did tptb even watch the episode before they cleared it to be aired? :lol: Or do they just not give a rat's butt what the fans want to see?

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Small issues I had with this episode.

*So rather than run into the street, or call the cops, she runs down stairs to an empty, dark alley. She wouldn't have done well as a criminal pathologist. That requires smarts.
    *The day CSI loses its opening credits is the day I get pissed. And today was that day. WTH is with the beginning?
    *The drums make me feel like I am watching The Lion King. Totally different cultures, but same annoying theme.
    *Does anyone else think it's weird that Ray was eating breakfast with a student? I felt like that was a little much.
    *"The tox will come back negative. She wasn't a party girl." Well then Columbo. Since you know EVERYTHING about this girl.
    *Ray goes to the apartment by himself. Oh I'm sorry. There was one cop there. Greg still barely does anything on his own. WTF?
    *Got distracted from the scene because there was a message at the bottom telling me about the switch to digital. Didn't miss anything.
    *This episode reminds me so much of "Snakes" it's no longer funny, because "Snakes" was a GOOD episode. Remember the reporter who went undercover? Langston's student is a copycat! And a stupid one at that.
    * Finally found the rat bastard who has been making all the racket with his damn drums.

I zoned out there, because the people freaking out scared the hell out of me...and because this episode has also put me to sleeep.

*And then, Nick to the rescue with his spanish! Suddenly I'm into this episode again.

I stopped watching after that because Ray started bossing Greg around (Blow it up, zoom out, bring her forward, WHAT DOES THAT SIGN SAY?!, again, again, larger, you get the point), and that's not okay. Maybe if you passed CSI 101 Mr. Langston, you could look up the audio/video yourself. That part was the icing on top of this poo-filled-cake of an episode.

Okay I couldn't stop watching. It's like a slow motion car accident; you can't help but watch.

* Got distracted by Nick's backside behind Brass and Ray.
    * It's only 8:35? Aw, hell.
    * Random zooming. Am I watching Miami?
    * DONE! I'M DONE!

I told other people to chill, it wasn't gonna be all Ray. I told people the screencaps weren't true depictions of the episode, yet, it was. Slap a bib on me cause I am now snackin' on my words. Damn powers that be. I'm writing a letter.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  5. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I was pretty disappointed in this episode. It was all about Ray! I could have sworn when William Peterson left they said Fishburne's character wouldn't take over Grissom's screen time, but he is! The only parts I liked were Nick speaking Spanish (I was so hoping for more Nick scenes), and Greg and Riley's scenes. It feels like the people who wrote this episode were very unfair to Marg, Eric, and George. They have been there the longest and barely got any screen time at all in this milestone episode. I hope the rest of this season's episodes have an equal amount of screen time for the original cast members as well as Lauren Lee Smith.

Is it just me or did the scene Nick and Brass walked in on go way beyond creepy? The whole drumming thing through out the entire episode really got on my nerves. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I missed the first half of the ER finale for this!? I was really hoping this episode would be a lot better than it was.

By the way the part in the promo where Nick was firing a gun, did we even see a scene like that tonight?

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well it won't do you any good, Naren and Carol are determined to make this the "Ray Langston Show."

Now why was Langston doing all the talking with the suspect while Nick was processing the scene! It should have been the other way around. Unless George's back pains have caused him temporary speech loss or something or he's in so much agony he was swearing after every second word they decided to just give the script to LF..I don't know stranger things have happened!

I would have been okay with this episode perhaps later on in this season, but for the 200th episode, I would have been okay with a 'look back' eppy instead.

I knew things were going downhill when my friend and I started discussing old episodes while watching the new one..

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Personally, I think he's getting more screentime than Grissom ever had. :lol:

Can't argue with this one iota. :)

It's not just you. It made me say :wtf: and then that woman screaming... that was just creepy.

Me too!

Haha, I watched like five minutes of ER and it was more interesting than the whole ep of CSI and I don't even like ER anymore. I quit watching it ions ago. :lol:

Some of the stuff shown in the promo were from various episodes from this season.

When they put together the Season 9 dvd set, they need to leave this episode out of it completely. It's not worth watching the first time, let alone a second time. :lol:

Seriously, this episode should have aired yesterday as an April Fool's joke! Cause that's exactly what it was: a joke! :(

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've seen a couple episodes with the new cast, but I haven't tuned in to a new episode of CSI as it airs in over a year. I couldn't bring myself to do it, knowing that the cast has been halved. I know, I'm a bad fan. :(

But I'd been seeing all this hype about OMG EPISODE 200 WOW! So... I tuned in this evening to see if it was as amazing as the constant promos were making it out to be.

It wasn't.

Langston and Riley don't hold my interest like Grissom and Sara did. I mean, Langston is "alright" and I like Mr. Fishburne as an actor, but... he doesn't have that dynamic spark that Grissom/Petersen always had. As for Riley, well, she bores the hell out of me, but she didn't have a big part in this episode so my opinion on her is neither here nor there for the purposes of this post.

Why was episode 200 all about Langston??? What about Cath and Nick and Greg? And what was with the bizarre directing? All the shaky, unecessary close-ups of the wresters seemed like filler. The scene with the drums and the dancing and the screaming... creepy, and not in the intriguing way. The dialog seemed jittery, too.

*sigh* I thought I'd come back to CSI and walk away singing its praises.

Not so much. :(

9. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

Ok, well I whole heartedly agree with everyone and I can't say anything more than what's been said.

However, I gotta say this: What a way to appreciate Marg, George, Paul and Eric who have been there since the BEGINNING! :wtf: What a way to show them how much you value them.

Now I like Fishburne and like the character of Ray. I understand he is the male lead, BUT for the 200th episode it should've focused more on the characters that have been there. There was no team feel at all in this episode.

The episode, to me at least, had a motion picture 'feel' to it, but that would be because of Friedkin. I don't know, I guess, I didn't get most of the story.

I mean, what happened to the wrestler who was murdered? Why did the guy kill all those woman?

With the way this episode turned out, I would have been happy with the team sitting around a diner or at Catherine's tell Ray about the past and having a flashback episode.

Very disappointed.

10. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

^That sucks. You definitely picked the worst episode to come back to the show. I hope it doesn't deter you from checking out this show again though. Aside from this episode and possibly The Happy Place and Woulda, Coulda, Shoulda, this is my favorite season yet. I'd check out some of the other Vegas episodes from earlier this season. 'Graveyard Shift' and 'Young Man w/ a Horn' were, IMO, really, really good.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

:rolleyes: Hell, even Riley being in it more would've been better. She was at least there when Grissom was there for more than five seconds.

Seriously, though- where's the team unity that's been there since the beginning? Even Miami's 100th had a final shot of the team walking along a beach, and no matter how weird it was it at least focused on the team.

I really don't care how big of an actor Laurence Fishburne is. He's a Level One, and he's a new character. Stop shoving him down our throats.

William Friedkin should not direct any more CSI episodes, since Cockroaches was generally considered one of the worst episodes of CSI ever, but has now been beaten.

12. Nicksfriend

Yeah, I am going to have to go in for an endoscopy this morning so they can get Fishburne out from where they cramed him down my throat last night.:rolleyes:

13. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I definitely agree that it was a strange thing to showcase the new guy for a 200th episode, but it wasn't even the focus on Ray that truly bothered me. The episode just plain reeked.

The case was boring. The many, many scenes of wrestling added nothing to the show and since I hate wrestling they were just icky to watch. Maybe they wanted to try to coax SpikeTV into showing LV again since they show stuff like that all the time on the *man* channel. :rolleyes:

God, I wanted to mute whenever those annoying drums were going! But I didn't want to miss any dialogue.

"I knew this girl" and then flashbacks to scenes of them together and past murders that were connected to her. Can anyone say "Turn, Turn, Turn"??

I can't even express enough how much I hated this one, and again, not even because it was all Ray, but because it was awful and boring.

14. Nicksfriend

Who actually wrote this piece of garbage. Sorry. Piece of literary drool.

15. wlk68

wlk68 Pathologist

I didn't like it. I didn't like it at all. I didn't like the weird soundtrack. I didn't like the camera work. The story was....meh. And while I do like LF and the Ray Langston character, I seriously think that when a show reaches a milestone like 200 episodes that ALL the people who helped get it there should, you know, actually be in the episode for more than a few seconds. Just saying....