CSI: NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion--Drama in Alphabet City!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Given that CBS seems concerned about operating costs (ie, news that they may cancel "Cold Case" and "Without a Trace" despite their respectable ratings because of the costs to produce them), this could help them cost-wise with CSI:NY--they lose a regular recurring character (Angell) and--SPECULATION ONLY--possibly drop a currently regular character to recurring status (I think it's possible a female cop's death may scare new parents Danny & Lindsay into having Lindsay resign her job [or maybe just her badge and become just a lab person]). They don't really need to hire a new CSI since Hawkes could be put to better use and they could fill in a new strong female character with another semi-recurring cop or lab person.

My main concern is whether or not TPTB are smart enough to allow Flack to have a real story line. This is pretty much the Gary Sinise show in that Mac is THE MAIN character, he gets the lion's share of story lines/arcs, and he's featured in every season finale. I'm worried that somehow or other Det. Angell's death is going to have some sort of impact on Mac and all we'll get for Flack is him giving Angell's badge to her dad (hopefully that scene doesn't end up on the cutting room floor).

2. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

(puts on dancing shoes to join ErinElizabeth in a tango)
    Of all the people I'd want voted off the island, Angell was the first. (I'd have booted Danny next)
    Would have joined in the commenting earlier, but bosses prefer me not to play on the internet when i'm on their clock.
    Didn't TPTB do this back in CSI S3 or 4? Made a whole big deal about them losing 'one of their own', and in the end it was a barely recurring detective caught up in a bank robbery? And he died before the opening credits.
    Of course, this death doesn't have to be the only 'change to the line up', as I'm pretty certain Flack will go all medieval on the arse of whoever he feels responsible. (Stella better hope it's got nothing to do with her little kidnapping/undercover stunt)
    So of course a cliffhanger could easily be Flack tracking down whoever's responsible and we wont' know until next season if he's crossed the line and killed him. Or maybe he gives Angells badge to her father as his last act as a cop. (whimper)

A thought re Lindsey taking 3 eps to deliver. I'm wondering if they're going to give her a premature delivery scare and use it as an excuse to keep her offscreen and in hospital under observation for a few eps.

3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, even though I kind of like Lindsay, I wouldn't mind if they put her on recurring status and have her mostly stay at home with the baby. That would definitely fit the changes the lineup comment (although that would still only leave one female in the opening credits). And yeah, they wouldn't have to replace her cause Hawkes and Adam could fill in the void. :)

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

New spoiler thread! Nice. :D

It's always about Mac. :lol: I don't see this finale being much about Flack, or Angell. I'm sure we'll see some of Flack's reactions to her death (and I'm hoping they will remember to bring it up at least once next season :rolleyes:), but if the apparent cliffhanger comes to fruition at the end of this episode, then I can imagine there is a lot more to this than just Angell's death and a search for her killer. I've come to expect a Mac-centric finale. ;) I don't really care though, I'd just like a finale as exciting as "Snow Day" if possible. :lol:

5. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Mac will be the one to catch Angel's killer, then giving one of those super-hero little speeches of his. Mac will also get Flack through his trauma and again Danny won't even be considered for this role, again making him look selfish.

6. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I'm thinking Charge of this Post 2.0 After Angell gets shot Mac will have a flashback to a fallen comrade in the Marines and he'll make it his mission to catch her killer while Flack sobs in the corner and no one notices.

I think I'd literally die if they changed the scene between Flack and Angell's dad to Mac and Angell's dad.

All I can say is that I'm still not over them having Danny leave at the end of Charge of this Post and his lack of involvement in Rush to Judgment so they better make up for it in this episode! For once!

7. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I'm gonna go crazy if they don't involve Danny in comforting Flack after this, they vvere great buddies in season 1 and 2, mostly. for example vvhen complimenting each others shoes and suit (isn't it) In the episode vvith the midtovvn golfer in one of the first seasons...

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

That would be season's 2's "Necrophilia Americana" - I only re-watch that episode for the B-case. :lol:

Regarding the season finale - yeah, I expect it to be more about Mac than Flack or Angell. Because I'm sure it'll be Very Personal for Mac and he'll make it his mission to single-handedly save the day.

As for Danny being MIA when it comes to comforting Flack - that's what I'm expecting. If he's there for his 'friend', I'll be quite surprised. TPTB apparently think we *know* they're friends and therefore they don't have to bother inserting scenes to prove it. (And then they put in too many scenes to illustrate other things, which makes it seem like they think we're morons. But I digress.)

9. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Is there anyway I can possibly protest the killing of Det. Jessica Angell or is there some sort of petition I can sign??? First they totally discontinue Kendall, where the heck is she??? They could at least MENTION her. But no. And then they don't ever say what happened to Maka or the other guy detective(don't remember his name). I don't know if I will stop watching after Emmanuelle is gone (mostly cause I'm still hoping this is all a nightmare) but who knows. I am a huge fan of CSI: NY but I just love Angell way too much(even if she is/was just recurring). This is making me crazy sad. And it makes no sense. The CSI's have 2 cases per episode, so wouldn't they need 2 homicide detectives?? Flack can't handle all of that, especially if he will be mouring (they better give us some decent mourning time too). Will have to see how season 6 may play out.....

10. Half

Half CSI Level Two

What, are you nuts? *goes into CSI:NY writers room* Does anyone here remember Aiden? Or Peyton? And how their departures (one more extreme than the other) would have affected these characters? Anyone? No? Next question? :rolleyes:

We'll be lucky if they remember Angell's death in the last few minutes of the episode...

11. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ TPTB isn't known for continuity. We'll probably never hear of Louie, Aiden, Peyton, Marty, etc. etc. ever again. :rolleyes:

12. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I'm ok with the fact that we'll probably never hear about Aiden, Peyton, and Marty. Their stories have been told and had endings. Louie pisses me off like nothing else though!

5x19 has me thinking that he lived though. When Danny mentioned to Hawkes about naming the baby Louie I feel like Hawkes would have given a more sensitive answer if he was dead. I really wish they had taken that opporunity to mention his status. Just something like Danny saying "My brother won't be very happy you said that." I would be happy with something that simple as long as it clarifies if he's dead or alive.

Part of me is hoping that they're leaving it ambiguous because they're working on a way to tie up that story and don't want to be confined to anything.

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

There's nothing more to say about Aiden, she died like four years ago. I doubt Mac stayed in touch with Peyton after they broke up - and I don't think any of the other main characters were that close to her and probably don't keep in touch with her. Marty's just going to be in jail so his story is kinda over.

Louie they could elaborate on however.

14. Carrieattheprom

Carrieattheprom Lab Technician

Really, all they need for Louie is a quick throw away line. But they shouldn't have left his fate in mid-air like that at the end of Run Silent Run Deep and forcing us to guess what happened /self-advertisement/ like in my little fanfic in my signature./end self advertisement/

I mean, they could have had Louie squeeze Danny's hand like Flack did to Mac in Charge Of This Post. Or something.

I somehow doubt we'll be hearing much about Angell again. We haven't heard anything from Reed either. How's he holding up? He was a great way to bring up Claire, and to have us "meet" her through him.

15. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

See I am hoping for some good strong Flack moments in the finale as well. I am thinking that the build up of the scenes in the last ep emphasizing the fact that they are together means that Flack will get the chance to react to her death. (If that is the way they are going.) Or at the very least react to her being in mortal danger. I will be VERY disappointed if we don't get to see Flack react and get to show just what Eddie is capable off as an actor.

As for the finale possibly involving Mac heavily. Well as a fan I wouldn't mind :lol: but I would love another ep like Snow Day that was more ensemble centered. Preferably with no Danny or Lindsay drama. And if we get a few Mac helping or comforting Flack moments in there I will be delighted.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.