CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I do think whoever is leaving whether it is Angell, Linsday or whoever, the rationale behind it is that the actor in question has asked to leave, therefore I don't think the fact that Lindsay has just had a baby automatically makes her safe. Whichever actor has asked to leave the writers are going to make the exit as dramatic as possible, and you don't get any more dramatic that a death.

2. electra

electra Pathologist

I will be pretty upset if it's Angell.She ,among other things like Adam ,help me deal with storylines that annoy me like the baby drama.This doesn't sound good at all.:scream:

3. OldGuise

OldGuise Hit and Run

I'm pretty sure that it's just not in CBS's best interests to kill off new moms in their shows. As realistic and dramatic as it may be, I just can't see Lindsay dying during childbirth, or (too) soon after giving birth, mainly because that could result in some backlash.

However, if Anna Belknap really wanted to leave, they'd have to either kill her off or make her a recurring character. Who knows? Maybe they'll do it, and we'll get a new death for Danny to be devastated over.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I can see the doing it if Anna has asked to leave the show. Deaths seem to be their exit of choice when somebody wants to leave. If it is Angell, I have to wonder if tptb just chose her because she is recurring or if she wanted out. I'd think something big would have to come up for her to choose to leave on her own. I still wanna believe that her father being in the episode is for another reason (as long as it's not because it's Flack which is unlikely) but it's not looking too good for her right now.

AJ mentioned none of the cast knew and he was nervous about reading the script for 5x25 so I wonder if they've now told the cast or like I said above, Angell's dad is there for another reason.

5. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

By the way Angell´s dad is in his early 50s and retired. That isn´t the normal age for a retired cop, or?

6. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

He could easily be in his 50s and retired, I wouldn't think that was particularly unusual. If he'd had full service in the NYPD he could have probably retired in his 40s. Of course, the age might perhaps be more to do with the person they want to attract for the role, rather than what would be realistic. Especially considering that previous back story suggests Angell has four older brothers.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2009
  7. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

Anyone dying is something i really don't want to see, but unfortunately it's gonna happen right.....if it is Angell, then I can see a very Flack centered show, something i can fully get behind. Flack shines in even the smallest scene, so another full episode would be great...

...as for Angell's dad, idk, it COULD be because she is the one who dies, but i also can't help but shake this Ladder 49 scene. Where maybe just maybe it has to do with Flack, or just NYPD morale, and the parade type march that happens with the funeral's of fallen officers. The whole big mass, and march to the cemetary. i could see that being done...hopefully done well, tug at the heart strings, make you shed a tear, hit close to home without going over the top. I know news stories like that get to me because i have a fire fighter in my family it has to be done in a true fashion none of this cheesy over the top kinda stuff.

i liked how they did it in Ladder 49, these things are big, but somber, but for some reason i see the ep ending with the team together walking behind the family. and i know people don't like things that have been done before but ending on the scene of an american flag covered casket is just something i see happening. and i know FD is different then PD, but still i think it can be well done.

Question: do we know if the neo-nazi guy is involved in that episode? because if it is Angell that dies, and it was that guy that has a hand in killing her, i can see massive flack drama

8. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

maybe danny and angell went to get the neo-nazi for questioning, danny was being silly, fails to wear his bullet proof vest he and angell are in pd formation covering each others backs and thats when it happens. You have to question though maybe who ever ends up in the hospital they are on life support or if it is internal bleeding like Flack had back in the last season. I have to agree that I enjoy Angell's charecter and the relationship her and Flack have...I think out of all the couples I like them the best, very casual low key but sexy as hell. Flack (Eddie) totally shines in any storyline big or small and the way he lands those lines wowzas.

9. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

You want to bet it's Flack who bites it, and Angell's dad is only there to ease her through her angst? Because we certainly wouldn't care about Papa Flack or Sam. Nay, it's all about the squish mitten and her woe at losing her blue-eyed hobby horse. ~reaches for another lemon~

10. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

If Lindsay is having her baby in ep 23, then I don´t think she will already be back for the season´s finale, which IMO excludes her now eventually as the one who´s going to die.
    And neither do I think it´s one of the "cops", Angell or Flack, it must be one of the CSI´s.

11. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Do we know when the season finale is going to air?

12. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

That depends on the timeline of the show. Just because she has the baby in 5.23 doesn't mean that they won't skip to the end of her maternity leave to have her back at work...

Her RL maternity leave is now, while Lindsay's in Montana, if I'm not mistaken. It's possible that they'll advance the timeline so her and Danny could be struggling as working parents when the baby gets a little older...

Just a thought.

13. DuCaineluvr93

DuCaineluvr93 Witness

I'm pretty sure that Lindsay is in the season finale!!! as far as I know that she wasn't written off for the season
    I'll find the source..:)

14. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

i think if they aren't killing Lindsay off, her screen time for the rest of the season will be at least less. idk if they'd bring her back to the lab just yet, but maybe a scene here and there i can see her maybe coming in for a visit, or just beginning/ending scenes between her and danny and baby at home, maybe some split scene phone conversations but nothing real big...

less screen time for anna now could give her more time with her new little one and maybe that could be a reason she stays, maybe a reason they actually wrote the baby in....accommodation.. idk.

but like i said before i can see the ending being one of the big fallen officer memorial type things, in which case i think Lindsay would have to be there even if it is just her standing next to danny (i seriously don't think he's going anywhere) in black holding the baby as they walk with a large procession of officers.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I'm pretty sure it's May 20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.