Now That Petersen, Fox, Dourdan Are Gone

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Oct 13, 2008.

1. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

[/quote]Sadly, the fanbase is very fractured as can be seen in other websites.
    [/quote]

I don't think having differences of opinion means that the fanbase is fractured. Most fans are still watching, which is the bottom line. And let's face it, any website on any subject can be brutal at times.

As far as Jorja not 'fessing up', I don't recall her ever talking about set problems regarding any of the cast or crew. Her interviews always seemed positive and professional. She did say that it was tense at times, but as Destiny said, no workplace is rosy all the time. I admit to having favorites and getting defensive at times, but what is important is what ends up on screen.

Also, all the actors have a say in their character's storylines, even George. He has vetoed a few regarding Nick. This collaboration is something WP promoted, and I'm sure all the actors are grateful for it.

Carol Mendelsohn also made the point that they are not out to 'replace' cast members who have left, but are just adding to the cast list. I think they have done a good job of this so far, as the show and its characters are different. This also allows characters to return, whether it be Jorja, Billy, or Bobby D.or Ecklie, or any of the detectives. It's always nice to see old characters when they do come back. Sadly, though, we won't see Warrick again, unless they pull a Speedle. (I've never quite forgiven Miami for that)

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  2. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I didn't mean to turn this into actor bashing, because I find that to be very wrong. I was just bringing up GE interview, which is actually on aol.com, Adzix, which is far from the Enquirer. GE got bashed on many sites for being honest. Sites that I don't think I'm allowed to list. No one is an angel on set, but from the many articles I've read about JF departure, it looks as if the set tension was eased once JF left. Of course JF isn't going to talk about set problems if she is technically part of the problem. Again, these are from other interviews as well. Now, if GE was being called a jerk or if people said it was better after he left, I would be upset too. But you have to look at the number of articles, the number of papers, and the people who were saying it. Putting all of these things into account cause me to believe that towards the end things we tense. That's my right to believe it, and yours to disagree if you so please. I'm obvisouly not gonna change your mind and you're not gonna change mine.

3. jafox

jafox CSI Level Two

I agree, Kimbo, that after all these years people will probably not change their minds regarding the characters. But I like to give a different perspective.
    Another note, we forget that this was the time of the impending writer's strike, and several here, and even MH, complained about some of the scripts. So these factors plus lots of changes going on (Ronnie coming and going, JF going, WP and GD exits being planned) all contributed to the tension on set, I'm sure. After 8 years of seemingly great chemistry on and off the set, this was alot of change to go through in one year. It was like a perfect storm.

4. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^ Very good point. They did go through alot this year. Which without a doubt, led to some tension on the set. Why wouldn't it. Didn't think of that. SEE! I learn something new all the time! Thanks for pointing that out ;). And you're right after the year I've been on the board I've realized that no one can change anyones mind over night, but I love a new perspective. I want to understand, instead of just arguing. So, thanks again for the clarity!

5. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Let's look at it this way. Have you ever worked with people who have given their two week notice or are on the verge of retirment? They know they are on their way out and so they don't put in the effort as they used to. So why should it be different on the set of CSI?

My anger stems from the fact that when the AOl interview came out, George was slammed to no end. It was really sad because if you read closely, his comments were not critical of the people he worked with, only how it felt to work with people who were no longer giving it their all because they were thinking about life after the show is all.

I'm just glad we didn't see it on this board, thanks to Destiny who would come in with a hose so powerful it would cause a tidal wave!

6. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

I read that on AOL. Jorja's fans was cruel to George. They got in their head and thinking George called Jorja a diva. He did not called Jorja a diva, he said, he miss Jorja and he thought Lauren will be diva when she joins and she is not a diva and he glad Lauren wasn't diva. I guess George don't like working with Diva.

Aussellio lied so much about that Jorja's character is going to died and he is wrong about that. He cannot stand Jorja and George and he don't like CSI anyway. Like Adzix said, don't believe everything you hear or read. Magazine is going to lied no matter what. George is honest with the reporter, but reporter will twist your word that he did not said. You have to be careful what you said.

Jorja and George are best friend.

7. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

Thank you to Amberle. That is the first time someone has given me positive feedback on one of my posts.

8. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

i wasn't talking about the interview with GE, but rumours on Jorja's exit posted by Ausiello and repeated on other sites.

honestly, i don't have much time to read all the articles and snippets posted on sites and magazines. nor do i care to analyze them. it doesn't make a difference to me what Toronto Sun wrote, like, a year ago. lol

i mean, what i care is my entertainment. i don't get overly excited about private lives of actors or singers or other celebs, but when i see a good show, i like to watch it. that's what CSI was to me, up until recently. Heroes takes the #1 spot on my list now. :D and i couldn't care less what they do behind the scenes.

see, i didn't criticize GE and i didn't read any negative feedback on his interview. but i wasn't really looking.

9. Snowkitty

Snowkitty Victim

Jorja's stunt was reported in several newspapers including the Toronto Star in my town as well as the New York Times. She was also acting up many, many times that past year wanting more screentime and for GSR to be written a certain way.

10. Adzix

Adzix CSI Level Three

^ totally agree. i do like Jorja and Billy b/c they created great characters on a show i liked. but if they were tired of CSI, after 8 or 9 years, to me that's understandable. i know how it is when you have to do something for a few years which you really don't like but you do like the people working with you. i give everything i have but i do get grumpy at times. so i can easily put myself in their shoes, and honestly i don't blame them. Billy was always open about it anyways.

and i don't say this to defend them, but to show how reality works. so yeah, the present situation is probably for the better for both parties.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW, I've heard the exact opposite, that Gary wanted to do movies, which he's doing, and Jorja wanted to do a play which she did, and WP has still got his hand in CSI, by being ex. producer, and has said "he'll make a "guest spot" he's been hanging around according to Laurence Fishburne. None of them were unhappy nor not getting along, they just wanted to move on. They all hang out together in real life, and were all at Billy's "STAR ON THE HOLLYWOOD WALK OF FAME" also Jorja went to Chicago, to see his play recently, as he went to see her's. Gossip, rumors and false inuendos are the stuff some thrive on. I've never heard any nasty remarks pertaining to them from them. The team that works together, stays together:bolian:

12. CSI Tricky

CSI Tricky Victim

Nareen Shankar said Dead Doll went the way they intended from the start of the season.
    Carol Mendelson said Grissoms exit was the end of story 9 years in the making. so I think the whole thing was planned including Jorja leaving ect. like it or not. If they wanted to kill her off they didn't even need her to film. if Jorja had been playing up Sara would have been left flat under that car played by a double. this story came for the nationl enquirer first who have also reported that Laurence Fishburn is not geting along with people.if we are going to belive them .

13. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Yes, but the National Enquirer is just a tad different then aol.com, but that's just my opinion.

14. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I thought I'd bring this thread up to the top again, for those who wanted to still talk about the 'other two characters' that left CSI, Warrick and Sara, thank's to reading Kimbos post on "Missing Grissom" so I think there are mega fans that do miss the other fabulous characters, and how different it is with them gone:(

15. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Thanks! I was wondering where this thread went. I'm thinking some of the discussions in the "Missing Grissom" thread belong here.

I think that recent articles that have been posted prove that George Eads and MH have what it takes to carry a show. Both have huge fan bases. Is the show going to be in the top 10 forever? No, but I think that was to be expected sooner or later. But GE and MH have quality acting skills that this show could definitely use.