Ryan/Jon #21 - Wolfe Pack

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by addictedtoSpeed, Feb 15, 2009.

?

What should the new thread be called?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2009.
  1. Wolfe Pack

15 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. Togo Where No Thread Has Gone Before

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. All in the Accent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. The Incredible Shrinking T-Shirt

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  5. Get the Full Togo Experience Here

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  6. He's a Superhero in Training

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  7. Waiting for the Comeback of the Purple Tee

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Wolfe's Den

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  9. Dreaming of Wolfe Shirtless

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Wolfe Gang

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  11. Just Take The Shirt Off Already!

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I think they may have chosen Ryan because of Billy. I don't know if they know about Billy before or after they torture Ryan, if they knew they were going to kidnap him too, or if they think that up along the way. But if they knew before, and knew Ryan cared about him, maybe they thought he was the best person to threaten (in this case with Billy's death) in order to get their way.

None of the other characters really have people around them they care a lot about (besides each other) that have been in this season much.

2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I think Ryan was chosen because the mob could use Billy also to get what they wanted out of Ryan. The review spoke of his Achille's Heel(or tendon)Billy is Ryan's weak spot,the insurance that they could get what they wanted.I thought Billy and his father were relocating,but I guess not.They did know about Billy before because we saw Ryan's pic taken as he was saying goodbye to them and it sounds as if the team had been watched for a while at this point.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  3. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think they could have basically accomplished the same goal with Nat or Eric and their nieces (both have mentioned having nieces) or with Ryan by using his niece instead of Billy. But, I think maybe they might have chosen Ryan because he stopped that Russian dude from dishing out something on Mark. I think before that Ryan wasn't on their radar anymore than any of the others. Or maybe they chose Ryan because they thought since he's the youngest he'd be the weakest link and the easiest to break. Boy were they wrong. :lol: He breaks eventually, but not easily. :lol:

As for the cut, I think it could possibly be from some ring the guy is wearing when he punches him.

4. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Not only Billy, but Ryan was also one of the only ones on the team to be in the mob's face that much. He was at their gym in Raging Cannibal and also in Ivan sarnoff's in And They're Offed. He definitly has not made a good impression on them. I wouldn't be surpised if Ivan himself hand picked Ryan to be the one to get tortured.

5. greatfan

greatfan Captain

I don't think it has anything to do with the fact he is younger and the weakest link.He's very stubborn,and Billy did offer the insurance that was needed.It could have very well included paying Ryan back for his earlier actions dealing with the mob.The mob needed one of them,why not go after the one that was kind of a pain in the butt, and pay him back big time.Ivan may have hand picked Ryan.I think he was informed that they had gotten Ryan at the end of the last episode. I swear that guy mouthed,"we got him", and then Ivan smiled.I van had already told Horatio that he wouldn't be able to stop what was going to happen,and I think that included Ryan's kidnapping.

6. GregNickRyanFan

I think another reason why they went after Ryan first is because Ryan's kind of like Horatio's protege. I'm not sure if they're staying away from Eric because of Sharova or not, it could be. But, other than Eric, Ryan is the one Horatio is closest to. It's like killing two birds with one stone. Getting info needed or whatever and hitting Horatio where it hurts most (in terms of people on his team).

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Like it's been said, I think they did because he has been in their face for a few episodes this season. He was probably the one that stuck out the most and while they were sitting there thinking of a cop's life to ruin, they were like, "Hm...what about Ryan? I am Drago, I must crush youuu!!!" (sorry, Rocky IV is like permanently in my subconscious...

Anyway, Ryan (as far as we know) is the only CSI connected with a small child. I imagine Eric's nieces are a little older, and Ray Jr. is like...a teenager or something? And that's all I can think of. Frank has kids, but they don't exist and I just kinda imagine that they are in their teens or twenties.

8. csi_justine

csi_justine Witness

In 713 Ryan and Horatio put Ivan in jail so yea Ivan must have picked him and his mob probably wants revenge what he did to their leader. That would explain in the end of 7.19 when that guy whispered to him in jail. When they are being photographed, Billy was the only child seen in the photos and they know how Ryan would react when a child is threated.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Maybe they think Billy is related to Ryan, like a nephew or something? You can see how much he cares about the boy so I'm sure that came into play.

10. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

I agree. Ryan was the one that Marc (is that Billy's father's name?) pulled into his problems with the Mob at the beginning of "And They're Offed" and he was there when H arrested Ivan near the end. And Billy's presence did help seal the deal that Ryan was the one to pressure.

11. GregNickRyanFan

How do we know how old his nieces are though? They've never said. Natalia also has nieces though and I get the impression that Natalia is the oldest sister. Anya didn't have children and I'm sure she was the youngest. Christine was probably the middle sister and so her kids could still be fairly young, but they may not be in Miami, so that may be why. Ryan's niece should be about 14-15 by now if she was 12 during "Death Pool 100".

I don't see why a kid would have to be younger for it to be an incentive. I'm sure them kidnapping Ryan's niece would have been just as effective if not more so (he clearly loves her a lot if he spent a hundred bucks on her for her bday... none of my uncles ever spent that much on me for my bday lol)... because with her been in her teens and being a girl, well they might decide to not kill her, but... they could threaten to put her in the human trafficking system or something.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Whatever the incentive be for kidnapping Ryan, I'm happy for the face time. Even if it does get punched...

13. Lil_Mizz_JoJo

Lil_Mizz_JoJo Victim

I'm not quite sure, if I've posted in here or not. But, I'm another Ryan loving fan. And he is like so hawt hawt hawt! :drool:

14. GregNickRyanFan

Welcome Lil Mizz JoJo and in case I forgot to say it before, welcome to CSI Canuck too. :)

15. Lil_Mizz_JoJo

Lil_Mizz_JoJo Victim

Thanks, and you can just call me Jo.:)

And that's slightly off-topic. But my mind's frazzled, at the moment. So I really can't be bothered, to reply in full!:lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.