Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

2. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I read something similar somewhere else and I'm not happy about it CSI-wise. However, I also read they want to release the movie in February, which means the shooting must start soon. I hope Melina films it during the summer. Otherwise, the "special bonding" in 5.24 could lead to sudden Stella death during 5.25. It would be terribly lame, though. Five seasons toying with the friendship-but-maybe-something-else Mac and Stella have, something special happens and five minutes later she kicks the bucket. Lamer than lame.

3. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I just read that they start filming next month, which OK they should have filmed the finale by then but last year they filmed the first few episodes of Season 5 before breaking for summer. I don't know the story at all as I haven't even heard of the books nevermind read them so I don't know how much Melinas character features, maybe she isn't needed on set for the whole time and might able to go when they break for summer - I think that is usually June time??

4. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Melina doing a film is interesting. It could mean 'goodbye Stella' but Hill, Carmine and AJ have all been involved in various other projects, presumably they did these in between NY filming times.
    I think it would be really lame if either Mac or Stella were killed off after the big storylines and the 'bonding' moments. It would also be lame to kill of either Danny or Lindsay after the wedding/baby storyline, though that did seem rather rushed, a lot like Horatio and Marisol.
    I agree with people who say that although AJ says no one on the cast knows who's going, either only the person who's going knows, or he's just winding us up a little on the writers' behalf.
    I think though it says the death will change the CSI line-up, Mac and Stella are a little too major a change. I know Grissom left on CSI, but having a character leave is a lot different to killing them off.
    It'll be interesting to find out who it is though. I think Mac, Stella and Danny are all safe, I just can't see them going anywhere. Sid and Adam aren't cops, so they're probably safe too. I don't see the writers going with the 'Mac-gets-kidnapped-and-killed' storyline, not when he got kidnapped and almost killed last finale. Same sort of thing for Stella - after all the danger she's been in during the Greek storyline, having her in danger again so soon would be kinda lame. I know they've repeated the stalker storyline for Mac, but Drew and Ella are very different. Mac's usually in danger in the finale, so it would be nice to see it be someone else for a change.
    I won't be surprised though if the person who dies is someone like Sinclair or Gillian. Sinclair is a part of the CSI line-up in that he's a recurrent character, after all.

5. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I would like it to be Jessica Angell because I am so attached to all the other characters. I do like her character, but I won't miss her much. I really hope it is not one of the major players like Mac or Stella.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I saw the thing about Melina making that movie (which reminds me that I have that book and never read it) - I think she might be doing it because it works out with her CSI:NY schedule. Aside from the very end of filming for NY, it shouldn't interfere at all - and even if a person dies in the finale, they'll still need to film the finale. So I don't think this movie will be a problem (unless it's a sign that Melina wants to do movies right now instead of tv, which is possible - but I really don't know).

Poppet, I don't know if they'd film episodes for next season at the end of this season before going to hiatus - they did it before because of the strike (and anticipating a possible actors' strike, I believe), but with the way things are going with SAG and the AMPTP (or should I say not going), I don't know if they'd do that again this year. I guess we'll see.

In the meantime, I'm treating every little thing on the show as a hint - and hating it. :lol:

7. GTuruturu

GTuruturu Witness

melina has done movies before, and i'm sure she'll continue to do more...they actually wanted her for my big fat greek wedding but there was a baby on board then....but i don't think this movie will interfere with CSI:NY.

TV actors do summer movies, why not, right? I just don't see stella going...really i hate to say it but i see it as Hawkes. I like the guy, he is too good. but then the more i read i think lindsay....darn you people. i like her, but the more lindsay must go stuff i read the more i think huh??? i'd stop reading but i'm kinda addicted. =/

also i think another reason they filmed the first couple of season 5 immediately after season 4 was because it was a "to be continued" story. with those you can't exactly take a few months off...too much can change and you'll be like huh....i think of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. when monica and chandler got engaged: he propses and has some meat on his bones, then a few hours later in the next season chandlers pants are falling off. it's just one of those things.

idk, what i'm saying is i think its hawkes or monroe....maybe sinclaire: random but a local bar man named bubba died and everyones like rip bubba, and i'm like well that answers that but it really doesn't...wrong bubba. could be a sign. =/

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

I'm going to put my theory in spoiler tags, even though this is a spoiler thread. Just if some of you haven't read the spoiler I got from another site.

"That's right," says CSI: NY executive producer Peter Lenkov. "We lose a member of our family [in the season finale] -- and that's just in the first 10 minutes." The other 50 minutes of the hour will probably be pretty killer, too. Leading up to it is episode 5.22, titled "Yarzheit," which features not only Lou Grant... er, Ed Asner but also comic legend Shelley Berman. In this one, "Our CSIs find themselves investigating a crime that takes them into the world of racism and bigotry, only to uncover a deep, dark secret that dates back to the Holocaust," teases Lenkov. "Also in this episode, Mac will learn something about his father he never knew.

^ ^ ^

So, reading that, I'm sure that Mac isn't going to find out information about his father in the first 10 minutes of the show. So hopefully we can count him out. He's seriously one of my favorite characters. If it's cop killings, it's possible that it can be Flack/Angell ... hopefully Angell, because the show will get a little boring if it's Flack and I think he can have some good emotional parts if he's dealing with her death for the next season.

Though with the part that says it's dealing with racisim, has me thinking if it can be Sheldon. I'm officaly stumped on this one :)

I however hope it's not Adam/Flack/Mac.

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The racism/Holocaust/Mac-finds-out-something-about-his-father episode is 5.22 "Yahrzeit", not the finale.

10. PepeBee

PepeBee Rookie

I clearly confused about this.

As much as I would want Lindsay to be written off the show, I think it's highly unlikely since it's just recently that they developed something between her and Danny.

So I voted for Angell because...it's the most likely that could happen and to add to what some say, it'll make for good material especially in building up more of Flack's character.

Or they can totally surprise us and kill of a really major character. But I hope not.

11. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It doesn't sound like Melina's movie would interfere with the CSI: NY shooting schedule. I'm still certain it's not going to be Mac or Stella who dies.

As for filming episodes for next season in advance before taking a hiatus, I think that was a combo of the writers strike shortening the previous season and worries about a SAG strike this season. I think it was just a special case.

12. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I like Angell, but I think it would be a really interesting storyline if she got killed off. I'd love to see Flack's reaction, see him dealing with the grief. Eddie would just knock a storyline like that out of the ballpark, and it's about time he got a decent storyline. It would be great to see him bond with Mac, Stella, Danny and Hawkes too. And Angell is a cop.
    I know Hawkes is the other major possibility, but I don't want him to go. I don't want any of the CSI NY men to go! Or Stella either.
    Angell and Lindsay, I'm not so fussed about. Angell's a great character, but she's never been given much development of her own, so I could understand if the actress wanted to move on. It'd be so interesting to see Flack interacting with a new partner if it is her.

13. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

14. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

^^^^ I doubt it. The article said the character wouldn't be killed off because it's too morbid. Not sure what that means though. Also, the article implied that the actor is unpopular with the rest of the cast/crew. I really don't see that being NY because if anything all the actors wax lyrical about how great everyone is.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Oh yeah, that's old and does seem to refer to the Brothers & Sisters character who left the show but wasn't killed off.