Your Thoughts on the upcoming Danny/Lindsay development (SPOILERS!!!)

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Oct 12, 2008.

?

Is a D/L baby a good thing for CSI: NY?

1. Yes

89 vote(s)
    41.6%
  2. No

84 vote(s)
    39.3%
  3. I'm not sure yet

40 vote(s)
    18.7%
  4. No opinion

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Re: Your Thoughts on the upcoming Danny/Lindsay development (SPOILERS!

That isn't the same as the Danny/Lindsay baby situation--Alexx wasn't married to and had children with anyone in the lab (ie, another main cast character) so her kids had nothing to do with anything going on with the show. In Danny/Lindsay's case, what do they do with the baby while they're both at work? There are numerous baby-related issues that could be brought up if both Danny and Lindsay remain working full time on the same shift, and that could have an impact on their work.

2. faith666

faith666 Police Officer

Which I'm gutted about. I just hope they avoid all the cliches of the over protective father thing.

3. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^^ Why would they when they've already started it off with the biggest hackneyed fatherhood shtick there is! C'mon that whole, Dad's holding out for a boy to the point of having picked names and painted the kid's room blue and bought them some sports equipment type of crap, only to learn oh noes! It's a girl! Whatever will he do!

Spare me.

This kind of crap has been written and rewritten in damn near every sitcom I've ever seen within the last 15 years.

4. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Exactly. I was just talking about that to my friend today. Every single time, the guy always expects a boy but gets a girl instead. Just let the guy be right for once!

Also, kkennedytx has a really good point, and it's the reason why I was against the baby thing in the first place (other than my general dislike of Lindsay). They both have the same work load and hours. Danny's family members, from what I got with the first couple of seasons, aren't exactly the best type of people to take care of a baby. Then again, he apparently had a complete family change and is now from a family of cops, so maybe that'll work? :rolleyes: Lindsay's family is all the way in Montana. Maybe the godparents will take some of the slack, but if they are working in the lab or whatever, that wouldn't work anyways. So now, TPTB has dug their grave.

5. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

They can have a nursery set up in the lab for the baby and the producers can tell us that happens in the real NYPD too. It worked with the chemical safety / married couple in same precinct nonsense.

6. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Knowing the way NYs lab works, they probably have some hitech robot nanny that can look after the kid.

7. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^Yeah, and the robo-nanny probably talks several languages, so that the kids are as cool and multilingual as their parents... Oh, strike that. Despite being of Italian origin, Danny didn't get to speak it... how uncool :shifty:

8. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I guess a fictional baby isn't nearly as tricky to look after as a real baby so really tptb can (and likely will) have it pop up only when convenient. ;)

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

JellyBelly has a point... everything else is suspension of belief, so why wouldn't a kid be?

Robots? I didn't realize CSI:NY was the Jetsons. :lol: Eh, then again, we have a virtopsy room now, and I have no idea how it works, so I think I can believe anything now.

10. Lyra

Lyra Victim

I personally love the Danny/Lindsay storyline! But I'm surprised how many on here don't seem to like it all that much. I've never seen it as a huge thing really. I mean it IS, but it's not taking over the show. But that's me. I think it's adorable and I'm really happy and am excited to see how parenthood will change their characters.

"I might think Danny talking to Lindsay's stomach (about comic book heroes) is cute - if it wasn't in the middle of the dag-blasted lab!"

Heehee, but hey, that's hard to do when you are soon-to-be-parents! They can do that at their work as long as they don't stop doing their work. Besides, CSI NY Crime lab is like a family.

11. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^ I was indifferent to Lindsay in S2, started to really dislike her in S3, started to feel DL was becoming detrimental to Danny's character and the whole of the show around the same time, had no qualms about feeling so anymore in S4, and this season the inclusion of the pregnancy has just pushed things beyond palatable for me. It is funny how it generates such wildly varied responses, huh. ;)

"They can do that at their work?" I suppose. But that doesn't mean we hafta be subjected to it. And family or not, it's entirely possible that indulgent understanding should have a limit and that respect and discretion from Danny and Lindsay might equally be extended to their coworkers...?

I do think it's taking over the show. I hate the foreboding of wondering what I'm gonna hafta sit thru that relates to them in order to get to watch the rest of the show. :p

The only thing that registers about Lindsay is the pregnancy, and increasingly now, the only thing that registers about Danny is the fact that he's married to Lindsay and is gonna have a kid. Or anything he does is now tied into that. Everything with both characters relates predominantly to DL above everything else. And worse now, the rest of the cast of characters are being dragged into it. Lindsay saying 'humour me' to them because she's pregnant, Mac and the god speech, Mac being the one tasked to inquire after Lindsay every episode, Messer on everyone about baby names. Is there no escape? When things have reached this point, I'd hafta say I do think that the whole DL thing is permeating the show far far more than it should.

They even got their own network made little fanvid. TPTB are using them and wringing everything out of them in the worst possible way, and it's all the harder to take knowing things were to have gone a different course this season. CSINY is not CSISoap. Didn't used to be. And TPTB's handling of DL this season in particular has been pretty freakin sudsy... :lol:

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, I don't think people always agree on TV relationships. I know a lot of people on this board don't like Danny & Lindsay together... I do. Others want to see Mac & Stella get together, which I don't. I like them as good friends and I think it should stay that way.

13. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I'd be over the moon if he learned to speak English fluently, he needs subtitles half the time. Enunciation is so important for communication.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

D/L annoy me so much that I am still afraid that the writers will mess Flack and Angell.I even checked that the writers were not the same for CSI Miami when I heard E/C would become an item.I do think they take over the show,not becouse of sceentime but becouse I am always fearing when they would show up.Lindsay may be nothing more then the mother of the baby but you will never know when she will be .:scream:

15. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

^^^ Fictional TV relationships are intetersting because we accept a given premise as a framework they exist withi, and then look at how we think they affect not only the world and dynamics within the show, but at the writing, realization, and quality of the show as a whole. It's not always easy to articulate why one pair strikes an interest and another doesn't. Additionally, another factor is what's been made canon versus what possibilities are simply left to viewers' imaginations. Sometimes you'll always like your own version of things better, sometimes the writers and actors will give ya something ya didn't expect. Whether you like it or not. Sometimes it's entirely too predictable.

For me DL are not singled out because they've been paired up in canon but because of my personal opinion of the resulting impact on the overall show. I would much prefer to see both characters stretched by some experiences that don't necessarily relate to each other. And a DL baby, while sure to provide more drama for them, is just not gonna do much for me.

I'll definitely agree with ya on the Mac/Stella front. I'd rather see a tv show manage to display a long term friendship without it dipping into the romantic realm where these two are concerned. I like the current dynamic between them, and am curious about how Melina's episode is gonna play on that. That's just me. ;)