Too much ship on the tv?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by celtess, Mar 26, 2009.

1. celtess

celtess Rookie

we have got the dl
    the smacked
    Are you think there so much ship on this tv show?
    Or this csiny is bring for all romance ?
    Tell me are you thinking!!

2. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

It's ridiculous. I really don't like DL, because I'm not too fond of Lindsay as a character and Anna as an actress, and the two don't have any chemistry between them. Mac/Stella might work, but TPTB might also turn them into another cheesy DL-like relationship. I think the subtle chemistry between them would work better if they didn't get together (don't get me wrong... I like Mac/Stella... I just don't think it would work out on-screen).

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

There's technically only two ships on this show right now, and only one of them you listed: Danny/Lindsay and Flack/Angell. There is no indication that Mac/Stella is becoming a couple.

I will admit, NY went a bit carried away with romance and relationship this season, and executed DL very poorly, but I'm hoping with Flack/Angell, the relationship is done right.

4. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I feel old and grumpy even hearing the word ship now, though it's only a couple of months since I found out what it meant.

They should be focussing on the rappore between the characters and leaving the romance for occasional support actors. Most US TV shows tend to have to have the leads flirting and this can be fun as long as it doesn't go any further, but unfortunately it never seems to stay that way.

CSI:NY is probably the worst at writing romance anyway, DL is a complete disaster.

5. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ Exactly. :)

6. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I must be alone here, but I enjoy some romance in the storyline. This show does it about right. I feel it allows the viewers to get to know the characters outside of their jobs. I really like Danny and Lindsey together. So can't complain.

7. Lyra

Lyra Victim

I don't think so. I think people MAKE themself believe there is to much by going on about it all the time. Really, there is lots of D/L and all, but it's in between. The show still has MAJOR focus on the crime stuff.

8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

But in terms of character development, the focus is on the relationships. And since DL isn't exactly the best-written relationship (to put it nicely), it's a major disappointment. I'd rather that the character development focus on better relationships (like the friendship between Danny and Don, or the tensions between Sam and Don). Focusing on disaster does nothing.

9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

I don't think it's a matter of quantity, but of quality. I don't mean to offend DL fans, but that couple could have been written much better with the same screen time and it wouldn't have been so annoying. I really liked Flack and Angell interaction in 5.19. If TPTB decide to show us more of this couple, I'll be okay with it because I find it more believable and I don't have the feeling that every single thing that happens to them revolves around their being together. Also, we don't get reminded of the fact that Flack is with someone every five seconds.

Yumi, friendship development would be great too. We've got so little of that except for the last episode, which, IMO, was great character-wise.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I have to admit, the past season has been a bit much with the "romance", though I've still been pretty impressed with the episodes.
    D/L have this baby/marriage situation. Flack/Angell are kicking it off(I enjoy them though - it's more sublte), Mac was into that woman, sorry but right now she's just that Julia Ormand(?) lady cause I can't remember her name- then Stella & the few moments with her fireman friend, & Hawkes with his ex-girlfriend - granted, those last 3 have yet to become anything.;) Still, that's almost everyone in the cast (aside from Adam) who's had some kind of story where they threw in a bit of "possible romance".

It's not all bad. But when it's all thrown in together into one season then it seems like too much. All the same, I've enjoyed the season, & I'm content with the little focus they have on Flack/Angell. D/L needs a little work. The other 3, Im just glad nothing much came from it. yet?

& just as a sidenote: I love Mac & Stella, but what they have right now is perfect - I personally wouldn't want to see it ruined.

11. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

i totally agree if they played down the d/l storyline it would be just as disastarous but not so overbearing

12. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

I think the reason most people is fed up vvith romance on csi:ny is the D/L thingy. I like Danny and Lindsay as a couple, but I'm stuffed novv, I practically cant take anymore cheesy Montana romance thing.

I like the vvay they playedout F/A, the kiss, then a fevv episodes vvhere nothing vvas out of the ordinary, then the comment vvhen Flack's questioned. and then the comment in 5x19

Being a 120% SMacked shipper, I hope that if it ever goes as far as to a Mac/Stella relationship, it vvill be done the same vvay. But i fear that it vvill be handled like D/L, mainly because D/L has become vvhat it is, because many fans at first totally vvanted it to happen. And for vvhat i knovv, many csi:ny fans are smacked shippers too.

13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

(wasn't there already a thread on this topic???)

With NY is more the quality of the ships or romances that is really killing me. DL was a disaster from the start. Flack and Angell isn't bad, except for the fact that the first hint we get that they are dating is a makeout session after Flack spies on his sister in AA. :rolleyes: Mac and Stella aren't really a couple, but they work well together right now so I wouldn't want to damage that friendship aspect of them.

Honestly, CSINY writers seem to think everyone should be paired off...which is what is really annoying. The even more annoying part is that they pair up characters either with A) no chemistry or B) crazy hot chemistry, and then milk it for all its worth until its old and boring and overdone.

14. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I think that if the writers could somehow figure out the dynamic between the romance and the professional lives of the folks involved and the original focus of the show, the romance would be the undercurrant that it should be. All of these characters deserve to have a romantic story line because they are all lovable wonderful individuals. That being said, I'm sure the writers have a challenge making a cohesive story interjecting romance amongst the various blood and gore scenes of a crime investigation.

15. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ True, it must be hard, but at the same time, they should know how to write in these couples without making them into complete disasters. They should know how to pick out which characters have the best chemistry on-screen and how to emphasize that chemistry without it turning into a DL-like cheese. They should know not to pair up characters with no chemistry whatsoever.

TPTB kills me sometimes. :rolleyes: