Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Personally, I just can't imagine CBS hiring him if they thought he really was only going to be there for 1 and a half years. That just wouldn't make any sense. It takes time for viewers to adapt to a character. If he was really there for only 1.5 seasons, then his character would barely be established before he left. Every impression I've gotten is that he's definitely a long-term character. I really, really doubt LF is going to leave, at least after only 1-2 years. From interviews I've read, I got the impression that part of the reason he joined the show was because it was stable and fit with his family life, probably at least in part because he has a very young child. I don't think any of that would change that much in two years.

2. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

3. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

4. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

That's alot, but these stars are already millionaires, and don't care about the $$$. LF is getting whole new set of different/new fans from his audience in the movies , and a whole new genre, which ups his popularity in the world of TV. Billy made $600,000 per ep. so, times 24, it's about the same :bolian:

Last edited: Mar 26, 2009
  6. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Lets say this whole 1.5 season situation is true; By the time this season is over, LF would have been in 14 episodes (assuming there is 23 episodes this season) and another 22 or 23 next season. That would be a total between 35 and 40 episodes. 14 Million dollars divided by 35 episodes only equals $400,000 (give or take) an episode. If he is in 40 episodes, he's getting $350,000 an episode, again give or take a few thousand. So it's really not that much money when we are talking about this specific actor. Especially when we take his tenure into account. This is less than WP was getting with his EP credit, so it's not that far off base for him to be getting "just 'north of 14 million'".

7. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

When I saw that amount I thought how much is that per episode.

So I'm glad someone figured it out.

I'd say it's a fair salary. Course, they all get a nice chunk of change so..

8. alynch

alynch Dead on Arrival

I assumed the number is a per-year basis. I've never heard of a contract operating on 1.5 year intervals.

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I was just going off of the first post on this page. Someone brought up the 1.5 year contract, so I was just basing my figures off that.

10. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I'm the one who brought up the 1.5 year contract, because that is what CM said. That he is signed on through Season 10. Since he didn't start until about half way through the season, that is where 1.5 year contract comes in.

He signed on for half of this season and all of the next.

Now, back on topic before Destiny hoses us all! :lol:

I'm just wondering, because I do that sometimes :lol:, in the epi titled "The Descent of a Man" it states that the skydiving case is Nick's. So here's my wondering thought...at the end of the episode will Nick go skydiving like he went paragliding at the end of 'High and Low'?

11. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

^Good question Speedy, and now I hear of a rumour of Nick and a panty party. Lord I hope TPTB don't have Nick doing the nasty with some chick named Mink-that's just too demeaning to the character.

12. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

^:guffaw:!!! I'm with you mfcsi. I don't think they will. If they are trying to make Nick become the "co-leader" with Cath, I think it would be reckless for him to have a "panty-party".

That would be awesome if they showed Nick skydiving. He is a bit of a daredevil!:lol:

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I don't think they will though if this was filmed around the time he was having back problems.

14. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I thought about that two, but "Nick" doesn't mean technically George. It could be a stunt double and they could show him in the plane or something. You know what I mean? I don't think TPTB would really let him skydive, too much of a liability. But that's just my opinion.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I think the panty party thing was something the suspects were supposed to be doing. I don't think Nick's going to be involved in that. :lol: While I think visually Nick and Charisma Carpenter would look cute together, I highly doubt Nick will sleep with her being that she's going to be a suspect in a murder investigation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.