Caution: **Spoiler Lab** Ahead - Season 7

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Ok, here's what happens according to the spoilers I read.

Russians kidnap Ryan and beat the crap out of him.

Ryan finally tells them he'll do what they want.

Ryan goes to work the next day and the Russians tell him to cover up a crime committed by one of their people.

Ryan does what he can, but doesn't do a great job of covering it up.

The Russians get pissed and call Ryan and tell him they have Billy. Then he freaks.

Now, the Horatio part....Mark Gantry shows up to the lab at some point because Billy's principal called and said Billy never showed up to school that day.

Horatio goes on the move, somehow finds out about Ryan being kidnapped. (Don't know how that happens, either he just uses his super powers or Ryan tells him)

Then Horatio kidnaps a dude who's in with the mob and makes him take him to where Billy is held.

That's all I know.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2009
  2. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That's what I know also.
    I still want to know when and how the team finds out(if they do) and what the reactions will be.

3. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

Okay, Hollyyo, that's almost the exact timeline I got. Imma add to your list though, ready?

Ok, here's what happens according to the spoilers I read.

Russians kidnap Ryan and beat the crap out of him.

Ryan finally tells them he'll do what they want.

Ryan goes to work the next day and the Russians tell him to cover up a crime committed by one of their people.

Ryan does what he can, but doesn't do a great job of covering it up.

The Russians get pissed and call Ryan and tell him they have Billy. Then he freaks.

Now, the Horatio part....Mark Gantry shows up to the lab at some point because Billy's principal called and said Billy never showed up to school that day.

Horatio goes on the move, somehow finds out about Ryan being kidnapped. (He finds a photograph the Russians took of Ryan on the table in the place Ryan was tortured, then finds all the blood and that good stuff.)

Then Horatio kidnaps a dude who's in with the mob and makes him take him to where Billy is held.

Horatio shoots Andrei (the kidnapper) before Andrei can shoot Billy.

That's all I know.

I too am interested in seeing how the team and Ryan react to everything when it's over.

4. greatfan

greatfan Captain

So far we seem to know the same things.
    I really would like to see some team support,that's why I'm interested in the reactions. Horatio will support him,but what about the others?

5. Wasabi Power

I would too! I would also like for Ryan to be affected by what happens on a more long-term scale. You know, get some character fall out and development. But this probably won't happen. Miami characters seem like they bounce back quite well from some of the most dastardly things.

6. greatfan

greatfan Captain

We probably won't see the effects of the trauma until another story calls for some type problem coming up for Ryan again.Or perhaps we see him always looking around,checking out the surroundings in an obsessive manner.

7. Wasabi Power

I know. If anything at all, they will make very vague, small references to it till the season ends, then it'll be cast into oblivion. I would like to see Ryan maybe be a little more skiddish, or have OCD flares (we haven't had mention of his lil ocd problem in a while! Of course that may have been cast into oblivion as well) then return to his normal self eventually. I mean, you don't just get over being kidnapped and tortured, then blackmailed like that.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

He sounds okay in the upcoming episodes so they are probably going with the vague references,if anything at all.It would be reasonable for him to be skiddish or/and have OCD flareups,but that may be gone forever.
    Maybe we will hear of some counseling. I would think that the lab/IAB would insist on counseling or therapy.

9. Wasabi Power

Oh, you know what? I didn't even think about that!
    Actually, if we got a little bit of Ryan going to counseling, wouldn't that be a great opportunity to directly see some of his deeper emotions? Let's face it. We don't get much of Ryan talking about his feelings. Most things we get from him are never direct or easy to obtain, they're almost all interpretations. Eric got to tell us how he felt in "And How Does That Make You Kill?" wouldn't it be nice to get some of that from Ryan?

10. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Exactly! Everyone's always saying that Ryan always acts on his emotions, but what are those emotions? Where did they come from?

We better see some OCD. For reals.

I would probably develop all sorts of stuff if I went through half of the stuff these CSIs go through. I would have quit. A loooong time ago. But that doesn't make for good TV, does it?

11. labgeekluvr

labgeekluvr Lab Technician

I was wondering how Ryan would be able to keep his job if he's caught trying to tamper with evidence--especially since he was temporarily canned for his gambling problem. But the timeline and what Horatio discovers reveals there are mitigating circumstances to whatever Ryan does.

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That wasn't really screaming though. Just kind of a muffled like annoyed sound. I think he was trying to get loose and he just groaned in frustration. Unless they made a shallow cut on him or something. But, throught the whole scene of him with his tire and even when it flipped to other characters, there was some weird music that had some kind of weird whoosing noise in it, so maybe that's what it was.

There's nothing odd about pulling out teeth for the Mafia. In Payback, they hammered Mel Gibson's character's toes, breaking them. In other things I've seen them cut people's fingers off with a cigar cutter. So, next to those things pulling teeth seems tamer to me cause obviously they need Ryan to do something for them, they can't break/cut his toes or fingers.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  13. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That music sounded like the same music when Horatio was "gunned" down last season.I wonder if Calleigh catches on quickly,or if Ryan has to make several "mistakes" before she thinks something is off? I hope she catches on fast,I hope anyone catches fast(we already know that Horatio catches on)

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  14. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

The Mafia can get pretty creative when to this stuff. If the beatings weren't working they would find some way to up the ante. I hope they don't, but sure looks as if he had a tooth yanked out in the CTV promo. It would be pretty disturbing to watch.

15. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I didn't think it was at all odd either. And it definitely looks like some kind of... tooth removing tool, that the guy is holding. And the way Ryan's leaning over and spitting out blood? I'd bet money they do pull a tooth. Especially because they can't do anything where it'll be noticeable. If they pull a back tooth no one will notice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.