Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Sure. Here are the two shots we got from the scene with Steve's death:
    [​IMG]
    Oh, his ring hand is on top and clear visible... how convenient.

and...

[​IMG]
    More gratuitous ring shots. Here it's the shot's center focus.

Like I said, the fact that my screencapping software nabbed multiple clear shots of both these images tends to mean this shot got a few solid seconds of direct footage, which makes it highly unlikely that it's just a lucky shot or some such.

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I think the wedding ring thing is being read into a bit here. That's my opinion. The reason they showed the ring was to show that he had been reckless and he was now married (also with a baby on the way). I don't see it foreshadowing anything. But read into it what you will. Sometimes there's nothing else to it until you keep examining every detail for a clue. Maybe there are no clues at all.

3. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^ Isn't that the point of speculation? Dissecting bits of information to see if we can deduct some credible theory from it. I think most of us are aware that we're on a clue hunt. It's entertaining.

All I'm saying is that whether or not they barraged us with these symbolic shots is supposed to be suggestive of things to come, it's so prominent in the episode that it's likely symbolic of something. It's so staged. The position & focus, it's not likely that these shots are accidental. I'm not claiming to know what exactly it's symbolic of. Like you said perhaps it was just to draw attention to Danny's recklessness, others can easily see how it could be foreshadowing, and not just supporting evidence of Danny's lack of foresight. Whatever you like to think it means is fine, I'm just pointing out how intentional showing us his bloody hands, and wedding band seems to be.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yeah, but it's still fun to speculate. ;) I also figured the scenes were more to do with Danny being reckless despite being just married with a child on the way.

I still don't think it's Danny that will be the one to go, my money's still on Lindsay. Or Hawkes. I'm undecided.

5. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Thanks for those shots.

As for the first one, I thought Danny was right-handed? If so, his hands are probably reversed (should have had the other one on top - I would tend to think). Intentional or not (who knows at this point!), I think those shots are quite interesting!

6. all_aboard

all_aboard Civilian

aahhh i sooo hope it's not lindsay ... that would be one sad episode, danny would be devastated
    though it does seem kinda likely that anna would take time off to be with her kids :(

i voted for angell because i think she can be killed off without impacting the show too much but still providing a pretty major storyline ... flack'll be sad though

i don't think it'll be danny but i had visions of an absolutely soul-destroying episode with lindsay in labour and finding out that danny had been killed and having to deliver the baby without him but that would just be plain evil :evil:

7. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Thank God that isnĀ“t possible as the birth takes place in episode 23 and the season finale is episode 25.
    At least, I hope so.

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I don't think Flack will be too devastated. He lived through that bombing without any major effects and him and Angell are seeing each other but apparently not that much together. Flack's a tough guy, he'll be fine.

9. FlackFan01

If Flack is devastated by the loss of this "family member", can I hug him, and comfort him? Please? :p

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I think y'all are reading into the blood on his ring way too much. I have my doubts that it was meant to be foreshadowing of death.

11. FlackFan01

I think we are all just getting into the excitement of the moment is all. It is kinda fun to start guessing and coming up with reasons for each person being the one to go.

I just want to see the ep now. Thanks, Mr. Ausiello! I have NO patience at all, and yet you tease me like this! :p

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

That's exactly what I said, thank you!

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I only agree because foreshadowing means that continuity exists, which it doesn't in CSI:NY... :p

:lol: I kid, I kid.

I'm on the fence about whether or not that was foreshadowing. If it was, it doesn't necessarily mean that Lindsay's the one that's going to die. It could just mean that Danny is there when the person dies and he tries, in vain, to save them. It doesn't necessarily have to be Lindsay.

Or the blood on the ring could just be that and mean nothing in the way of the finale. Wasn't that scene written and/or shot before this spoiler came out/about? If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me, but it could just have been in there before they decided someone was going to die in the finale.

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Danny is right handed. He was putting pressure on the guy's neck to control the bleeding so he could get the info he needed from him so it makes sense he'd use that hand to put pressure on the wound.

I think all of these bloody shots of his wedding finger could be significant in indicating that his marriage soon be over when added to the fact they made sure to add in the 'til death do us part' line in 5x17. They could have used another line in the vows but CHOSE to use that one.

I still think it's Lindsay and to me, Danny's bloody fingers and showing his wedding band countless times makes me think he will be there when she dies (maybe she dies in his arms) and he's left with hands covered in blood just like the scene in 5x18.

15. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Til death do us part is the most common thing used in wedding vows so I don't see how that has any significance. Wow, you all are so reading into this or is just cause most of you want it to be Lindsay?