Grade 'Point of No Return'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 18, 2009.

?

How would you grade Point of No Return?

1. A+

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. A

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I think the immunity was valid only in the US. I *think*, but I am not certain. Isn't that why Stella was sending him back?

2. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I think they only had immunity in the US as that is where they were working - the immunity comes from working as a diplomat at an embassy.

3. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Am I the only one who is completely bored by the Greek storyline? I don't like it at all. And how could Stella possibly think Mac won't find out?

4. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I'm not sure how I feel about the Greek storyline yet.
    On one side, I think it could turn out really interesting if they do it right. But on the other hand, I'm just like "come on now... :rolleyes:".

So, it's going to be a waiting game with this one. I hope that they can pull it off and make it work really well, however, the NY writers sometimes have major issues with taking stories to the point of overkill.

5. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

The Greek storyline bores me also. I just don't find it that interesting at all! And IMO, Stella is going way out of line with everything that she is doing and she is putting other people in danger. I found myself losing interest during the last episode when they showed the parts with Stella and Angell.

6. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Me too. If I wasn't watching it while it was on I might have FF'd through it!

7. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I quite enjoyed this, as a piece of entertainment, but thought it was really really far-fetched.

I wasn't looking forward to the return of Pino, I thought he was an early arrival to the stunt-casting and had a "look ma, i'm on the telly" acting style. This week though, I thought the actor did really well with a ridiculous storyline and must have been taking angst lessons from Carmine.

Ok, how many people do you need to murder to get 1Kg of heroin? It would have been more cost-effective and less time-consuming and indeed yucky, to murder rich people and steal their cash / property.

Why were that stunt-cast couple there? They seemed really braindead and pointless in the story. Did the boy actually know he was there?

The container - do not try this at home! I know i'm getting old when i'm counting the number of ways this guy could be killed by this careless, dangerous, err sorry cool, kickass, girl power idea. Also, Stella gave up her vacation days to save Adam's job, now she's taking sick days to do her own thing. Isn't that fraud? and yet she was being old-school when bad, bad Danny took a sick day to get them all paid on time.

How did Mac and co know about the drug deal in the warehouse? I thought it might have been by Pino's mobile phone, but not sure I picked it up right. Sid didn't have a vest on, who let him in there without one? Also, the poor man was devastated, they're a team, please folks, who is the comfort monitor and why weren't they there for Sid?

Danny and the lack of vest - pointless inclusion into the story, but well done Carmine, excellent acting, please give this kind of effort for the less exciting scripts. Danny doesn't have a vehicle of his own, so why would his vest be in that vehicle? Good on Flack to ask about the vest right away, but Mac could have thought about it before they set off. Danny is such a little kid, I loved how he wiped his hands on his jeans before he thought to use a paper towel. :)

I hate to say I disagree with everyone, but I thought the interaction between Mac and Danny after the shooting was excellent and was impressed that I wasn't hit over the head with Mac's anger. When the guy was dead, Mac glared at Danny, but Danny was visably distraught, so it would have been more effective to have a quiet, calm talk with him at a later time, in private. We got to see the terror Danny felt when he realised he had gotten himself into a deadly situation. He normally figures this out when the adrenaline wears off, but that was some big bad gun and vest or no vest, he was lucky to survive. Hiding the truth from Lindsay was appropriate, she couldn't be there for him and is heavily pregnant, so shouldn't be stressed. Besides, if he told her, she might have come back early. :lol:

Poor Danny, your ring is erm..... different. Last time I went to my sister's, my nephew had just got a new very expensive pair of designer shoes, "you can't buy them in the shops", he told me. I'm thinking... dont say they're ugly, dont say they're ugly, dont say they're ugly........... he rolled his eyes and said "you think they're stupid, it's written all over your face".

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  8. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

I'm not sure how I feel about the Greek storyline.
    I'm not really that into it but Stella and Mac going to Greece sounds like it has the potential to be kinda cool.
    I can see why Mac wanted Stella off that case, she's taking it all way to personally and Angell probably shouldn't be going along with all that. Stella should probably be fired for breaking the rules and in trouble for kidnapping someone who worked at the Greek embassy. Also, Angell is an accessory to the kidnapping and she should be getting in trouble as well. They shouldn't just be given a pass and let off for what they're doing and I don't think the FBI or whoever is supposed to be in on counterfitting for an under cover investigation is in the loop on this one.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2009
  9. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Now I feel like the old grannie who can't follow the conversation, but what is 'the wifebeater'. I thought you were talking about his doo-dah, but i'm quite sure that isn't detachable. :lol:

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The "shirt" he was wearing when he was at the sink is called a wife beater... it doesn't have sleeves. He wears them under his shirt.

11. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Oh Ok, I presume it's what we would call a vest.

12. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I enjoyed this episode very much. I gave it an A.:)

13. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Now that I think about it, I wonder... how could the Cyprus government condone this? :confused:

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

As a general comment about the Stella/Angell stuff:

Locking Kolovos in a shipping container bound for Cyprus was ridiculously stupid, both as an action by the characters and as a plot choice by the writers.

However, Stella and Angell were pretty kickass leading up to that point. :p

Also, Stella going behind Mac's back and setting all of this stuff up is dumb, but the interaction between Stella and Angell is still good, and Angell was still great in her scene with Kolovos (cool under pressure, that one).

So yeah - there's stuff about this whole subplot that I don't care for, but I still enjoy some aspects of it. ;)

Yep, "wifebeater" is a slang term for a white tank top or vest.

(In the American vernacular, a "vest" is what you might call a waistcoat - so confusing. :lol:)

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  15. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

There's no way Stella will escape reprucussions for the crate stunt. Tricking someone who has immunity like that will get the case tosed, U.S. or Cyphrus law. Those nasty international treaties can be a pain sometimes