Season 9 *Spoiler Lab* Discussions P3

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Jan 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well two episodes were also in competition with American Idol which is the top draw always.

Well Taylor Swift is has a huge fan base and I am sure her being on the show did have a major part of the draw for Turn, Turn, Turn.

But CSI still is always in the top 10 list of shows, so I do not see why CBS would give up on it anyway.

2. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

Well, for those who have teens,and for those who love Taylor we all know they don't watch TV,they catch it on the internet. It was a school night and my teens (four of them) were all watching it on the internet the next day or over the weekend, as my daughter said,"Mom I have to talk to my boyfriend instead of watching television. I'll do what everybody else does and catch it on the internet this weekend." I do wonder what the internet hits were for this epi,because It was difficlut to watch it On Demand,not available due to high demand.

I wonder what tptb were saying after this epis,"Boy that Ray guy is really pulling in the numbers!" Which makes me wonder if they have the pulse on America.We love good looking,talented actors who make us want to cry,shout or just feel for an hour... and we love Nick Stokes!

I think George centered episodes are a big draw for CSI. I just do. I think he is such a great character who has been in everybody's shadow for eight years and we we love to see him be in the lead,I know I do.

3. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Not to insult GE's work on Turn, Turn, Turn, which was clearly impeccable, but I would have to agree with Dizzney that Taylor Swift had a lot to do with bringing up the ratings on that episode. It would be useful if we had some some sort of data on how many of the viewers for that episode were new viewers. Still, my understanding was that what helped the episode, viewer-wise, was the jump in new viewers. They, logically, would have been brought in more by a new attraction than by development of an established character whom they didn't know much about to begin with. Personally, I've definitely heard a lot about Taylor Swift. Her songs have been all over MTV and top-40 stations. She was on SNL and is definitely a big star with the tweens. She's definitely one of the bigger youth celebs right now, from what I can tell.

4. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Here! Here! In fact all TPTB did throughout the years was promote a character played by an actor who wanted to leave since season five.

Ahh, but looking back a lot of GE's 'very special episodes' were big draws. Grave Danger and Gum Drops brought in big ratings. Now GD could have been due to QT's directing, but it helped the show centered around Nick.

5. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I'd have to say that both Taylor Swift and Nick brought in good ratings, Nick is the one character that everyone seems to like so I can see why a Nick centric ep would attract viewers.

TPTB could have made Marg & George the leads and brought in someone new who wasn't a big name and it would have worked -IMO. But they reply too much on fame instead of concentrating on the main cast, they did the same thing with Leiv S. Those 4 eps that Grissom was gone all centered on Keppler while everyone else go shoved aside and I hated it.

6. Nicksfriend

I was just looking over at EW and found this quote from Fishburne and I smiled:

4. Laurence Fishburne says CSI ''a natural fit'' ''I love dead people, I love flashbacks, and I've always wanted George Eads' autograph.''

Nicccce!

7. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

Actually CSI has consistently been on top on close to it...It does not help that American Idol is on like every night...every show is losing viewers

8. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

The actual ratings are posted on a weekly basis on the TV Media thread and CSI was #3 last week on "No Way Out" with over 17 million fans watching with American Idol coming in at #1 & 2. It's pretty much stayed in the top 5 since the newbies came on the scene, so it still rocks:bolian:

http://nielsenmedia.com/

9. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

That is so funny! I was just about to post this!

10. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Well, well..LF is a fan of GE from what it sounds. Good for him. He's a smart man.

And LF and GE work very well together.

11. Nicksfriend

Well,you will find this interesting too...an interview with yje newest CSI Lauren Lee Smith said:

Her brothers are equally excited about her new job.
    “They’ve all been huge fans of the show,” she said. “So I’m getting bombarded every time I go home. ‘Can you get George Eads’ autograph for me?’ ”

12. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

14. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I doubt it has anything to do with CSI.

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I hope so and to be honest, I can't see any of the characters doing such a thing given they have just lost a dear friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.