Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

Re: Eric and Calleigh #35

Okay, so obviously I wasn't here when season 4 aired but I agree with the rest who thinks Cal and Eric shouldn't be blamed. I don't think the "working together" thing really matters to the people who are stirring the fuss that they are always together as in like paired up in a case, maybe it's just because they don't like both of them together--in a relationship. Because even if Cal and Eric are always paired up and if there was nothing going on between them(like a relationship) then I doubt that there will be any fuss at all, IMO. I mean it didn't really matter to me who's working with who before I knew all the pairings and stuff.

Oh, and I wonder what will happen when Stetler finds out.. I really don't want Eric to transfer to the night shift.. :( we can't see much of him already.. but I think it'll take a while before Stetler does find out.. Unless of course, if he sees them together eating at a restaurant or something..like sharing an ice cream or..aww.. :)

2. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

JoannaRose897, I LOVE your avatar, btw!!

Oh, no way am I comfortable. I think that it won't be permanent if the writers listen to Emily and serve the fans to keep this going. I can't see them parting. If they do, I’m hoping it will only be temporary because I could see Horatio fighting for them to stay on his team. They just gave us this taste and now the thought of them taking it away just makes me ill.

Ryan's situation was different because it happened almost at the end of the season and we saw him here and there. I dont know but I can't see that happening to two of the main characters of the show.

I read the actor's contracts are up at the end of this season but I'm sure they know whats best for the ratings. Who knows, maybe the cliff at the end of season 8 will be just that, but I would like them to keep this going at least throughout season 8 so we can see the trials they go through as a couple to stay together.

That’s an idea. You never know…I would rather this happen if it comes down to a decision. I just can’t fathom the thought of them getting to that point though. I would feel heartbroken for them. For some reason, watching them from the beginning to this point literally exhausted my thoughts because I wanted this for so long. Its funny how you start to care for characters as if they were real but you start feeling like they’re part of your life and you want nothing but the best for them. If it doesn’t work out, you hurt, like they hurt. I don’t know if this sounds a bit stalker-ish, but I think you get the point I’m making.

I can’t believe yet another season is a few episodes away from finished! I am so excited for season 8 and going forward. I hope they continue to play out the personal lives of the characters, as well as give us the continued mystery and suspense that makes CSI Miami stand alone. Ive tried to watch the other CSI’s but for some reason, don’t really get too interested in them like I do with CSI Miami. To me, there is no comparison. Lots of Calleigh and Eric help too.:thumbsup:

I think in season 4, the pairings were done for a reason. Calleigh was sort of a mentor for Ryan so, they did have a lot scenes together. (Secretly in the back of my mind, I think the writers played with pairing Ryan and Calleigh up, since Delko was with Natalia, but that didn’t work). Calleigh’s character started distancing from Eric’s but that wouldn’t have given way for their relationship to build in season 5 and then on in season 6. Season 4 showed that Eric resented Ryan for his smart mouth, because he was Speed’s replacement, and Ryan’s lack of experience. Maybe the characters were doing their own thing that season, but they all eventually grew a strong bond with each other on some level, especially after Marisol was killed and even more after Eric was shot.

You’re right about the 1st season post Megan and season 2. They were great and they did work together. Season 3 was ok, but season 4, end of 5 through 7 are my favorites.

Sorry for all the responses, but trying to keep it all together. You all ask a lot of good questions!

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I definitely don't want a permanent good-bye even if it means that they stay together "off-camera" like you said. It'd be stupid and I don't see a good reason to do something like that. They build this relationship so carefully and so long, that for me it'd be total madness to part them now. I don't want a temporary goodbye either, though I'd take it if that would be the only option. :(
    I want to see them together till the end of the show. They are meant to be together and they're obviously happy, so they should stay together. I'd rather want to see how they contrive with problems in their relationships. That would be interesting to observe them not only during the happy time, but also when they have to face the issues.

I personaly would love to see more interaction between all members of the team. It's nice to see them working in bigger group, like in last episode in scene with Calleigh, Eric and Ryan.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009
  4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

See A:

Where did you read that? And when will negotiations be completed?

See B: You know I couldn´t agree with you more.:bolian:

See C: I like to watch the other CSI shows too...Like the dark nerdy side that is LV and the more storytelling Coplike show that is NY.
    But I never connected or commintted in the same way to the ships and characters of thoose shows. My likeing/conecting to E/C story stems back to "All in episode" and the excellent acting on behalf of Adam Rod. His portrayel of a guy in love blew me away. And to begin with I wasn´t a great fan of his charater after the whole Natalia -storyline.

I know some of you gals don´t agree with me. I would still prefer a more normal storyline as to the relationship and I would find it odd and be annoyed, if all we got was 2 coffeescenes pr seaon.
    MPV is that writers and producers have taken a step on the road to a more personal side of characters. We still have in castlineup 4 other characters that can go through some drama before they have to adress any turmoil again.

Any one who have read my post also know IMO that:
    1. Well written stuff has to balance things. Some bad - some good. Some sad - some glad(happyness). Some comic relief - some shocking stuff.
    Some loving - some sorrow. And some build - up to climatic conclusion. A desent intro and a logic fade -out.
    I feel that writers and producers have and are still building up something. I don´t feel that we have reached climatichigh just yet. Which means if I am wrong...boy ...am I in for disapointment big time.:(. I am not at all ready for a nice fade- out of the ship.

2. Cast- lineup has to appeal to different groups of the fanbase. And right now E/C is for the romantics and the lovesick puppies (that would be me:)) amongst them(hiphuggers or not). And I do belive that a larger procent of fanbase and fans of E/C are not joining forum and therefore:

In the end we all know ratings (and the infamous contracts) will tell the tall.

5. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

yeah i agree
    i am new how do put a avatar or make one.Can u lease tell me?i see all of yours are awesome!

6. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi E/C..

Not top of the class as to aviatars.....but it is a function you get at User CP....and then you add the picture from the computer....

I know some hiphuggers have used some photothing before adding and mayby some scanning .....

But when the others come, they might tell you more.

Good Luck

7. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

To be honest, I think they're going to keep the romance going on the show until the end. I have a good feeling about that. They might make them have a little 'fallout' then get back together. Maybe some drama here and there (I wouldn't mind some drama every once in a while. It's good character building and so far Season 7 has done a great job about it)

E/C Lover, You need to be a member for at least two weeks and have over 50 posts if you want an avatar. That was how it was with me.

8. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Hi gottaluvcsi and JoannaRose(didn´t see you come in)

As babies are popping up on more then one show.....Do you think they will try that storyline ....and have perhaps the drama of loosing the baby now....and having a baby in last episode?

9. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

VirGodess1923, thanks for the compliment on my avatar.:)

While on the subject of avatars, E/C Lover, you have to have at least 50 posts (is that correct??) before you can add an avatar. When you do go to add one though, click on 'User CP' and then there should be the option 'Edit Avatar' or something like that. Then you'll be able to upload what you want.

Anyway-
    I think the writers and whoever is in charge of who stays and who goes have a pretty good idea of who brings in the most ratings and viewers. So I really do think a permanent goodbye from either Eric or Calleigh is completely out of the question. So I'm hoping, and I'm pretty sure, that we don't have to worry about one of them leaving for good. Just temporarily. Which is good for me.:)

10. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

okay guys thanks very much!!!
    now on subject i agree with JoannaRose897
    i think its just temporary.

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I don't know if they will run with that for Eric and Calleigh. I dont think they want to #1) give Eric another story like this after he and Natalia got the scare in season 4 and #2) make them rush into anything. As slow as this relationship built, they wouldn't put them in that situation. Its out of character for Calleigh and Eric has grown out of that himself. If anything, like I mentioned before, I still want a wedding to happen, but know it won't until maybe the end of the series.

12. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I know I also want a wedding but i know it wont happen till the end.
    I dont think they are gonig to run with what happen to Eric with Nat.
    I think its going to be really different; I just dont know how.

13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I don't think they would go the baby route either, not only for the reasons you cite, but also because its being done on CSI:NY. They (The Powers That Be) could be accused of copying CSI:NY, you know, people would say Miami has run out of ideas and has stooped to copying other shows. Because its being done on NY, I don't think they would do it on Miami (unless the show survives at least 3 more years). Even if Emily Procter were to be pregnant in real life I don't think they would do it. Although, I sure would love it because I think nothing would be cuter than E/C babies. ;)

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Oh gals....

I was not thinking at the moment....let remain line- up have drama....I was thinking alternative drama for couple then breaking up ....

If charcaters go the traditionel way .....They live together before having a baby and perhaps a wedding...But there is alternative ways to put drama in a relationship beside jelousy and breaking - up .....I think that is the road I am taking at the moment....

Normal committed couples dated first, live together and then children and/or marriage....But that would not necessarily provide any good storylines....

I - for one- wouldn´t want a fight over laundry or paying any bills:lol:. But the dramatic episodes in any persons life ....death of relative and neardeathexperiences( but we have had so many) and so forth might keep couple together and provide drama.....

And in season 9 perhaps why not loss of a baby.

Give me a few minutes while I get some other ideas. Or you gals help me out?

We sort all agree on "outing" being next big drama ...but then?

15. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

i agree with u Ajbuckly; since we have seen a lot of near death experiences. i thin losing a baby would be a new kind of drama.But it would be to sad for me, probably watching would make me cry. . . a lot.Why? because i'd love to see E/C BABIES!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.