Grade 'Point of No Return'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 18, 2009.

?

How would you grade Point of No Return?

1. A+

19 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. A

16 vote(s)
    25.4%
  3. A-

10 vote(s)
    15.9%
  4. B+

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. B

4 vote(s)
    6.3%
  6. B-

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

I'm at work and just have a second to post. But I just have to ask....

Why does Danny's wedding ring look like a pipe fitting from the hardware store?

Did they just scrounge through some plumbers toolbox?

2. Ninja1088

Ninja1088 Witness

I have to say in regards to Anabel that if she knew about her's husband drug trafficking, than it's a safe bet in my book she also knew or had a good idea of how her husband was making those drugs.

3. Rad

Rad Hit and Run

Oh Man! I was looking at that wedding ring and thinking that ring is going to fall in and go down the drain. :lol:
    This ring seems to have become very symbolic. First Top describes it as "the bloody wedding ring" and I take that in more than just the literal sense that she meant (Good going, Top! :thumbsup:) and then you ask if anyone was waiting for Danny to knock it down the drain. Are TPTB trying to tell us something? One can only hope, not that I have much of that where they are concerened. :rolleyes:

I thought the episode was very moving. Honestly, it makes you wonder just how well you know people. Not that I am saying that there is a deranged murderer in all our lives, but its better never to take people for granted.

This sense of betrayal is not only felt by Sid but will be felt down the road by Mac once he finds out Stella's on-the-side detective work.

Sid was phenominal in his portrayal of the disbelief, sorrow, disgust and anger at the unnecessary death of Annabel and the actions of Pino. Well done, Sid!

Danny, Danny, Danny!! What can I say about you? Again, is it symbolic that it took the departure of Lindsay for you to go back to your reckless ways? I have only two words for you, Danny boy. WELCOME BACK! Hope you are here to stay.

As many have pointed out, the appearance of Ashley Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz was an overhype. Still, the beginning where Lila is going through various rooms was funny. Though I gotta agree with Top. No one can beat Flack in the humor department.

Overall good episode. I gave it an A.

4. Pesi

Pesi Dead on Arrival

I though the eopside was ok so gave i t B-.
    I'm enjoying the Greek storyline.
    As much as I like Danny and Lindsay the cheesy timing of the phone call made me think his wedding ring is the next step in phone advances, if you rub you wedding ring hard enough your wife calls. Not sure about Danny running into the warehouse, I like reckless Danny but sometimes he does need someone to hold him back a bit.
    I also found the wanting to process a dead beaver funny, I've always had a strange sense of humour.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2009
  5. Izod1360

Izod1360 Hit and Run

I gave last nights episode an A+ because of Sid!! I loved him in last nights epi. I just wanted to go through the screen and give him a big hug at the end of the show! IMO, Stella should just stop with the whole Greek coin stuff. She is putting Angell and herself in danger and Mac told her to just drop it. And after Mac talked to Stella in the ep. it looked like Mac was thinking that he knew what Stella was doing. I thought that the part about Lindsay was to process the beaver was VERY cheesy:rolleyes:

I liked the whole story about Marty and what he did. It really didn't bother me that they brought him back as a killer.

6. coruption

coruption Dead on Arrival

LOL...That's what I thought was going to happen too!!! I thought that ring looked awful. If he did drop it,all he had to do was grab a tin can,shred it into little strips and fashion a ring from that.It would have looked the same.

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I will give it an A.The flashbacks helped me to remember Pino and I was curious about the end.

The greek storyline definely has my attention.And Stella and Angell together are awesome.:thumbsup:

I don't think is bad to avoid telling your very pregnant wife that you almost died.But since I can not recall a moment of D/L communicating in a good way,if fits how bad their relationship is.

Odd is seeing Mac and Stella not telling each other everything.But even there you could see how much she wants to tell him and How he sort of suspects something.

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

:lol: Oh, I definitely did. My sister, mom, and I were watching the episode last night and the minute he took off the ring, all three of us said "He's going to drop it down the drain!"

Although it really wouldn't have been too great of a loss though, since I'm sure he could easily pull one out of a toolbox somewhere and Lindsay wouldn't notice. :rolleyes:

I really didn't take that to mean that Sheldon wasn't really friends with him though. I have several friends at work that I am close to who are married, and I have either never met their significant others or wouldn't be able to pick them out of a lineup even if I had. Hawkes does say she looks familiar, but cant quite place where he has seen her. Its possible that Marty only showed him a picture of her or he only met her once a while ago, and wouldn't remember exactly what she looked like.

I was REALLY surprised that it wouldn't be obvious to Mac that Stella was involved with Diakos's murder or at least the discovery of his body. She and Angell burst into his room, possibly disrupting the crime scene when they did so. Its crazy to think that no one would realize someone else had been there when they process it...either way, she can't hide what she has done for long, Mac defiantely looked like he suspected something when she left the room.

Sad, but true. I would love to see tension between them after Mac finds everything out, if Stella isn't outright fired, but with the track record CSI NY has with consistency I doubt it. They did a good job with holding tension between Mac and Danny during season one with the living statues case and the Minhas shooting, so I only hope they can look back to that and keep the characters REAL this time...

9. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I didn't even pay attention to Danny's ring when I watched the episode, but now y'all have made me curious. I'll have to look more closely when I re-watch the episode. It sounds fug.

I was thinking that he should have taken a shower in that scene. You know, a nice, long, symbolic shower where he can think about what could have gone wrong while a song plays in the background and there's plenty of steam and...

Damnit, we eventually have to get our shower scene! *shakes fist* People have been demanding it since before I even joined TalkCSI.

Seriously - the recklessness was dangerous regardless of whether or not he has a wife and kid to think about. If he only values his own safety because of the spawnling and his baby mama, that's a problem in itself. (I like good old reckless Danno, but I'm just sayin'.)

:lol: Seriously. Does she have a 'Danny is up to something' detector? I know a great deal of this show is built on unrealistic coincidences, but I think the close-up on his ring was good enough - the viewers get it, PTB. We don't need you to whack us over the head with it.

10. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

The wedding ring does look weird indeed. :lol:

And Danny had blood on the wifebeater too, and on his arms, and it's not healthy to keep blood on skin just like that. The shower is a good place to think about your actions, right Danny? The infamous shower scene that we have been deprived of so many times is back on people's minds.

I think that Lindsay's phone call was placed just to show Danny how he tried to smile before answering and changing his body language. Carmine did a very good job with that scene, like he always does. I find it interesting that in episodes where Lindsay's missing he gets good scenes, and he plays them flawlessly.

11. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

I gave this a B+. It was good, but I've seen better. This ep didn't wake that much questions as I like good ep to wake. If you know (and get, i'm not so sure if I wrote the idea right...) what I mean :D

I was thinking maybe three thinks while watching the ep. First one was that really didn't recognize Matty before they showed the flashback. Geez, he looks so much older. Is it the same actor? It was weird how they just brought the guy back to make him a serial killer. It sounds so far fetched. 'till now I thought he was a good guy, and I liked him as a coroner (or student, I can't remember?). The second thing I realized while watching the ep was Danny's shoes. Converse :D At least that's what I saw. The whole gun-chase was sort of boring, but the way it ended was ok. I wasn't expecting the shot guy to be the one who shot Matty's wife :D

And yay, Danny has a Nokia mobile phone! Yup, that weird little thing caught my eye while I didn't pay notice too much to the other stuff. Maybe I could blame my maths exam tomorrow. From that depends if I'll finish my school or not, so I must pass that exam (and it seems so far away, I really suck at mathematics..).

Anyway. Stella kicking some Greek ass was awesome! I wonder who was the old Greek guy she was talking at the library? Some old teacher I get, but where? ^^ I'm soo waiting to see how this turns out at the end. So far they have played the coin-hunt pretty well, and it sure was surprising that Diakos was dead. Haha, I'm not so much waiting Mac to find out that Stella has done her own investigations against his order, but wouldn't it be nice that he found out while investigating Diakos' murder and Stella became one suspect too? I'm weird, I know :lol: :lol:

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I don't really know how I feel about the Greek case in general. Stella working with Angell: awesome. Shipping Kolovos to Greece: awesome, if a bit irresponsible. My only problem is that they're sort of making both Angell and Stella look a bit stupid. First of all, Angell should've asked those questions weeks ago. I'm glad that she bothered to ask Stella whether she knew that Mac wasn't exactly going to fall for this. Second of all, Stella should've just told Mac. I mean, they're CSIs for God's sake. What did she do, clean the crime scene? Which would risk destroying evidence? Please, Angell, tell Mac the truth if he asks, because I know Stella won't. I can't deal with this. :rolleyes:

I can't really point out the cheesy timing of the phone call, because those types of things happen all of the time on TV. But really, the bloody ring, the ring itself, the lying... this is just not going to be a good marriage...

Robert Joy was awesome. I didn't really have a problem with him showing up at the arrest, because it just sounds like something that a person would do if they knew that a friend had done something wrong. It wasn't like he had come in with a gun, or even a vest. It just reminded me of friends or family members that talk others down at hostage situations, which is basically what it was.

13. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I gave this Ep an A, i can't really even explain why but it was a really good episode just had everything in to make it good and a sign is definately when my mum walks in my room because i'm going "noo" and "OOh" and is curious about why i'm talking to myself.

Reckless Danny aswell always brightens my day, for some reason tho it was nice for once to kinda see him realise how stupid it was and that he has other people to think about because before its just him now you see him kinda realise there is more to life than just being reckless.

The beaver comment about Lindsay i thought was actually quite funny it was something you can see because there job its always on the move there is always something and now she is perfectly fine in mind to work in most ways but its body thats stopping her.

Stella and Angell were just cool, girl power all the way and Angell seriously does kick some arse even more than Stella on occasion its fascinating aswell seeing Stella go behind Mac's back knowing how much he will kick her arse for doing it.

Pino was good, I did love him in S2 he just had the energy that made you think thats cool and the comments he made, its like Sids wierdness we had Pino's almost ego.

Just a cool ep overall and topped off by watching a really good Criminal Minds. Must be something with Tv last night.

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Thought it was a really good episode.

Sid and Pino were excellent.

Old Danny popped in to say hello - fabulous, long overdue. I wasn't bothered about him not telling Lindsay what had happened, I didn't see it as lying as such more not wanting to worry her.

I though the ring suited the marriage - a rush job! :lol:

Now I am sure I saw blood on the wifebeater aswell which means it should have come off :devil:

As for the Greek storyline, Stella wasn't wearing gloves when she was opening the doors in the apartment looking for Diakos so her fingerprints are all over the crime scene - that is going to look quite suspicious when they process. Surely it will make her a suspect if she doesn't tell Mac she was there and why.

15. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

Another entertaining episode. Even though I was totally grossed out throughout at least half of it. Heroine out of human bodies??? Ewwwww...

Was not impressed with Ashlee Simpson or her hubby. Thank goodness that they had a really small part and were on screen for less than 10 minutes. LOL!

I was surprised that the lab was allowed to take the case with the woman, since they all knew her or knew of her, since her hubby was a former co-worker.

It was sad to see Sid all heartbroken when he found out that his friend was a murderer.

When Danny was in the locker room, after shooting that guy, I thought it was strange that he threw his shirt away. Wouldn't they need that for the investigation into why he shot the guy? And when he was washing his hands, where did his cell phone come from? Even though his hands were covered in blood, his cell phone was not. And then in one scene, he put his wedding ring on the side of the sink. One scene it was there and it seemed like in the next it was gone. Maybe he just put it in his pocket.

I think Mac might know what Stella is up to and is basically letting her dig her own hole. He seemed to be waiting for her to fess up when he was giving her information about the guy who was killed in the hotel room.

The shipping container scene was humorous.

Just wanted to add that I'm glad that I'm not the only person who thought Danny's new wedding ring was ugly. I've seen nicer looking rings in gum ball machines. LOL!

Last edited: Mar 20, 2009