Laurence/Raymond: Man of Mystery

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Nov 28, 2008.

1. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Re: Laurence/Raymond: The New Guy

Same here. Although the Ray & Wendy working together idea may be considered a flaw, I really enjoyed watching their scenes. Thought they were wonderful, a great team. :)

2. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Here's some comments from Geroge Eads about LF and most of the other cast members, he's pretty blunt, and truthful, and boy does he admire Marg. I suppose this will be all over other threads but, just click on the right hand arrow and it'll have all 14 of his Q & A session!

http://television.aol.com/insidetv/2009/03/03/14-questions-with-george-eads/

3. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

He says ''it is like teaching Superman how to fly'' about LF. Nice...

Also Ray and Nick scene in the last episode was soooo nice. I am glad Ray/LF joined the cast...

4. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I thought Ray was absolutely awesome last night. His character is so understanding and empathetic. I don't think anyone else on the team, past or present, could have handled this scene as well as he did (character, not actor).

And LF acted it so well. Just wonderful!

Simply amazing! :)

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I agree. I'm glad that they wrote Ray into the scene. It was a great moment shared by two men, and it helped people know a little more about Ray. IMO having Ray join the team has been a successful decision so far. :)

6. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree with you Erica. Ray was awesome in that scene with Nick. The actors just worked so well together.

7. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Every week I'm increasingly delighted with how great a fit this character is, not just for Fishburne, but in terms of jiving with the show and the rest of the cast. I'm really loving the fresh perspective Langston's added, being a figure of some seniority and authority when we typically see "newbies" as younger characters coming out of training, or working their way out of the lab like Greg did. Since, LF has said this is just the kind of work he wants right now, I hope he sticks around a good long time!

ETA: I'm looking forward to seeing more interactions between Langston and the supporting cast, particularly Hodges.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  8. CSI808

CSI808 Rookie

9. Desertwind

Thank's CSI808 He's so laid back and mellow and likeable, and happy:)

10. Desertwind

FYI tonight on the LIFETIME channel at 9:00 pm, LF is in a movie called "Akeelah And The Bee" from 2004, brief description "Unlifting tale of an inner-city girl [Keke Palmer] striving to become a spelling champ", starring Laurence Fishburne. so if you want to see his acting in a movie, this is one of them, check your local listings~

11. forza juve

forza juve Hit and Run

Just saw LF for the first time a csi last tuesday here in the uk and thought he was briliant. Call me weird but I just loved how he messed up and made mistakes like a rookie would. I find quite refreshing how it is the younger man teaching the older man how its all done. I haven't seen the episodes all you guys have seen. But from what I've read and seen so far I can't wait to see how Nick and Ray interact. Even Greg and Ray. Loved the scene with the tie and the scene with hodges. It's nice to know the cast are getting on well.

12. Desertwind

This movie from 2004, "Akleelah And The Bee" was exceptional, and enjoyable based on a true story, and LF was fantastic, He's got such a overwhelming presence, how he helped the girl and mentor her for a national spelling bee, It's weird to describe a powerful large man as "sweet" but he is.:) I was telling some family members about the movie and him, and my daughter says "it's really nice to hear you talking about someone else other than Billy Petersen", but I'm not comparing them, nor attracted to him like Billy, he's just so pleasing and appealing to watch. I'm wondering how many flicks the CSI writers watched and decided he'd be perfect for his new role on CSI, which I was hesitant and reserved about him pulling this off.. but, as of now he's doing a fabulous portrayal in his new role as Dr. Langston & has attracted a whole new set of viewers to enjoy his acting, and his laid back mellow personailty:bolian: here's a list of his movies and now CSI is in the mix~

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000401/

13. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I so need to watch The Matrix.

Loved last Thursday's ep, the ending. I hope they show us more insight into Ray as time goes on. He'll be lucky though if he doesn't get punishment of some kind in a future ep. I wonder if the writers will pursue that more, the anger aspect. Although this was obviously a special case.

14. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

I have to agree on two things. One, I do think that Ray's character is still "in the works" and can definitely be shaped a lot further. I just hope they do not blow his character out of proportion like they did with several others. Two, the anger aspect of his personality is really interesting to me. I also hope they'll tell us more about what makes him tick.

15. Desertwind

I saw this on ET last Friday night, on salaries of top TV stars, and it had LF as making $400,000 per ep. then Marg, making $375,000, and the highest paid actor on TV is Charlie Sheen, making a whooping $825,000 per ep.:eek:so Laurence Fishburne is still not making as much as Billy Petersen, who while still on CSI, was pulling in $600,000 per ep. which at that time made him the 2nd highest paid actor on TV~