NCIS thread #3 - Shutting up now, Boss

Discussion in 'NCIS & NCIS: LA' started by nattybatty55, Mar 10, 2008.

?

What should we call it?!?

1. Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live

16 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I need a coffee

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  3. On it Boss

28 vote(s)
    23.7%
  4. Ya Think?!

21 vote(s)
    17.8%
  5. Shutting up now Boss

40 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. CSI! No the term's NCIS

12 vote(s)
    10.2%
  7. 'We just shoot men who are un true'

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  8. 'Gibbs, Caf-pow please!'

10 vote(s)
    8.5%
  9. 'Don't drop the boss' coffee!'

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  10. Gibb's Gang

3 vote(s)
    2.5%
  11. Talking Jethro, and not the one from Beverly Hillbillies

5 vote(s)
    4.2%
  12. There's more to CBS besides CSI

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  13. Never Be Unreachable

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  14. Never take anything for granted

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  15. Never date a coworker

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  16. Always work as a team

4 vote(s)
    3.4%
  17. Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  18. 'How'd you get your boat out Gibbs?'

15 vote(s)
    12.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Half

Half CSI Level Two

This spinoff will be the CSI:NY of the NCIS world, right? Hm. I wonder if it'll have something like two coworkers with no chemistry having a kid together! (Sorry... I'm really sorry... I gave up sarcasm for Lent and it's reverting to snark in order to make my life difficult... [yeah, i know. i didn't want to give up anything solid])

Anyway. I liked Louise Lombard on CSI, so since Sophia apparently fell into a black hole, it's good that I'll get to see her on another show. I don't think I know who Chris O'Donnell is... I might recognize him if I bothered to IMDb him. :)

2. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

"Tiva" fans, I've got good news for you, and, as the title of this story suggests, bad news -- potentially very bad news. But hey, first the good: NCIS executive producer Shane Brennan tells me that for viewers who are in love with the duo -- and I know there are lots of you -- "the last four episodes of the season are going to be amazing. They will not believe what's in store for these characters. We focus on Tony (Michael Weatherly) and Ziva (Cote de Pablo) in a way that we haven't focused on them in six seasons! "I'm very serious," he adds. "They carry the last four episodes in a way that is really, really shocking, and in a way, the audience will not see any of this coming."
    "I'm very serious," he adds. "They carry the last four episodes in a way that is really, really shocking, and in a way, the audience will not see any of this coming."
    Okay, you've got my attention. Now tell me more. "It starts with part one of "Legend" on April 28, which is the spin-off episode," Brennan says. "Now, having said that, it doesn't really start in part one. We've been sowing the seeds of this for some time. And the audience is aware there's a character out there called Michael Rifkin (Merik Tadros), because he was introduced in the first episode of Season 6. And they know Tony's aware of Michael's existence. So let's just say, in the last four episodes, Michael makes his appearance in a big way.
    "You've got what you might want to call a triangle," he continues. "It's a triangle with very, very pointy ends. Someone's going to get hurt."
    As in, um, dead hurt? "Something tragic will happen to Tony," Brennan confirms. "Something tragic will happen to Ziva as well. It's one of those arcs that has been building and building and building for so long that we decided it really deserved to be featured in a big way. It's emotionally and physically explosive."
    "Physically explosive" doesn't sound good. But the boss won't reveal whether anyone, much less either of Tiva's portrayers, is on their way out. "Possibly," he teases. "I won't take it any further than that."
    (source: EW).

3. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

Ooo... sounds interesting! I can't wait! Thanks, Daquien!

4. MarineGirl#1

MarineGirl#1 CSI Level Three

Sounds very interesting, I've planned my schedule. Not missing an ep. :)

5. EmilyBarton

EmilyBarton Hit and Run

I use to hate Ziva as I was and still am a huge Kate/Tony fan but Ziva's growen on me and I can't wait to see what TPTB have in store for us.

6. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

EmilyBarton, I was a BIG, HUGE, Kate and Tony fan before the actress wanted to leave and they killed her character off, but Tiva has grown on me. So I think this season ender will be very cool. Although, one question, who was Michael Rifkin? I can't remember the character.

Also, I thought this would be fun for those of you who know the series so darn well:

Want to see if we can name all of Gibb's rules? Or at least the one's we've been privy to, in order by number. Sorry I can't contribute just because as much as I love the series, I *can* live without it and therefore haven't been watching as religiously.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  7. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Gibbs Rules from ncis.wikia.com:

Gibbs has rules that he enforces in everyone in his team. They are:
    Rule #1: Never let suspects stay together.
    Rule #1: Never screw over your partner.
    Rule #2: Always wear gloves at a crime scene.
    Rule #3: Don't believe what you're told. Double check.
    Rule #3: Never be unreachable.
    Rule #4: The best way to keep a secret? Keep it to yourself. Second best? Tell one other person - if you must. There is no third best.
    Rule #7: Always be specific when you lie.
    Rule #8: Never take anything for granted.
    Rule #9: Never go anywhere without a knife.
    Rule #12: Never date a coworker.
    Rule #13: Never, ever involve a lawyer.
    Rule #15: Always work as a team.
    Rule #18: It's better to seek forgiveness than ask permission.
    Rule #22: Never, ever bother Gibbs in interrogation.
    Rule #23: Never mess with a Marine's coffee if you want to live.
    Rule #38: You take the lead if it's your case.
    Another one of Gibbs' rules which is used more often than the others, but without a number, is "Never say you're sorry. It's a sign of weakness."

8. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Well, that was certainly quick. About the whole never get involved with your partner thing. I wonder if that came about after Jenny. Speaking of which, how many of you were ticked they killed her off? I LOVED that character. She challenged Gibbs like no one else ever did and she so wasn't afraid of him... I miss her. And Kate.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Jenny may have 'challenged' Gibbs, but inevitably in any of their confrontations, she was the one who caved. I was dissapointed with her character from day 1. Sure she started out well with the whole "on the job it's Director or Ma'am", but five minutes later she's trailing after Gibbs like a puppy while he goes home and changes? Puhlease. TPTB really bollixed it up when they added her character. She had potential to be a good character. Somebody that Gibbs would know and trust because of their past. But in the end she came across to me as somebody who couldn't get over Gibbs and let him walk all over her.
    At least Vance stands his ground.

10. lexxy_willows

lexxy_willows Police Officer

Sorry, I have to respectfully disagree. Jenny may have still been in love with Gibbs, but she did not let him walk all over him. She trusted his instincts as an agent, and because of that, she let him use his judgment during cases. And I believe that TPTB messed up when they killed off Jenny (although I don't really think she's dead). Vance is a weak character, and I hope that this file Gibbs has on him is something bad, and he disappears.

11. Smiliee

Smiliee Coroner

I have to say that I miss Jenny too! Personally, I loved the realtionship (or lackthereof) between her and Gibbs. It was kind of interesting. However, I have grown to like Vance a lot. He bothered me at first because I thought he was sneaky and mean, but he has proved to be a lot different for everyone, and I do like that.

And I wasn't the only one who thought that Jenny didn't die? Interesting. I thought I was the only one out there...lol

12. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Okay, I have a totally random thought here. When Tony was sent to be the Agent Afloat remember how Vance said it wasn't a punishment. He never explained WHY he did it. :shifty:

I mean Ziva was sent back to Mossad to check out that guy in Morocco and McGee was sent to the basement to work the codes. Am I the only person who wonders just why he sent Tony off to sea. :shifty:

Okay, I'll stop now. Any thoughts?

Yeah, these are the kind of things that make you go HMMMMM...:p

13. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

^^ He kept claiming that after 7 years at the agency (and 7 years with Gibbs), it was time for Tony to do something else.

But also, Vance couldn't keep Tony around if he had 3 suspects for the mole. If he wanted 3 people on Gibbs' team for Gibbs' gut to react to, then Tony had to leave too. But Agent Afloat seems extreme...

And I think Vance backs down sometimes as much as Jenny did. He allowed Tony to come back, and the whole mole hunt thing in Cloak was Gibbs' idea. So I think Vance caves to Gibbs as well.

Although, I'm pretty sure Jenny's dead. If she wasn't, she'd be dying anyway of whatever illness they gave her during Season 5. Though, I wonder, if the writer's strike hadn't happened, would we have found out what it was?

14. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Just a thought before Tony became an agent he was a cop, now he couldn't exactly be ordered back there. Short of giving him his own team one in which didn't run straight into Gibbs' team, and when Kate was on the show, Tony did show off his ship knowledge add to that the op he ran for Jenny I would say the only way that Vance could deal with Tony is put him where he knows he could be knowledgeable and yet out of the way to find the mole. McGee and Ziva were easy to put other places, Tony not so much so he became agent afloat. -- I think she is dead, or if she wasn't at the time is now I mean she was dying and according to ducky back then what would have happened dying like that was "more merciful", I haven't heard any ramblings that Lauren Holly wanted to come back even as a guest appearance or ghost or new but past memories.

I think there were times when she ran roughshawd over Gibbs for her own reasons/agenda, and there were times she let Gibbs have his lead for his reasons/agenda, it was a balance of sorts course it was also the arguing it out that was fun to watch. What I didn't like is (and not just with this show) that occassionally the mention that she was the director, I get she was proud to be the first female director and loved her job it was the reminders I didn't care for, I mean we know, we know.
    I think alot of people got use to the director before her, we rarely seen him and when we did it was fleeting of what two minutes? They put both Jenny and Ziva in at the sametime, and directly after Kate's death. For Kate fans it seemed a little quick, at least with Vance they didn't pounce him in there he was eased in if you will. Then after Jenny's death he separated the team faster then one of Gibb's marriage/divorces lol.

15. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I absolutely loved last night's Knockout episode!!! I thought it was the most well crafted NCIS ep I've seen in a long time, right up there with Heartland, which I thought was the other superb one this season.

Of course, I'm a totally unabashed, unapologetic Vance Fan, so no wonder that I loved this one. :lol: I'm really loving the evolving relationship between Vance and Gibbs. They started out like 2 junkyard dogs, warily circling eachother, waiting for the one to let his guard down so the other could close in for the kill. Now there's a slowly but surely growing respect and, yes, even a trust (albeit a very grudging trust and respect, but it's there). I think it really hit Gibbs, seeing Vance with his family (and had Gibbs not lost his wife and daughter, that could have been him), seeing how Vance obviously deferred to his wife with most things, including the hated toothpick (much like Gibbs' Shannon was actually the author of all of Gibbs' infamous "Rules"). They have more in common than either of them wanted to admit, even to themselves.

I'm taking the Identity-Switching in last night's ep with a grain of salt though, you know how the NCIS writers can be. Nothing is as it seems, and just when they lay everything out for you and seem to want you to believe one thing, they suddenly hit you with another. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.