Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Anne, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you're doing well. Lots of love from the family here!

I haven't been around a lot either. College, cold, work, etc. Not exactly the most favorable combo for being true to my ship.

However, I did do something shipper-y the other day. I had a splitting headache so I decided I'd pass some time with CSI and watched a couple of episodes from season 1 and G/C scenes from some other episodes.

No More Bets...is angst in a can. I love the scene with Gil and Sam. There was definitely tension when Sam mentioned Cath's name. Of course I recognize the fact that I am a shipper and therefore am greatly biased, but come on! Tell me I'm not the only one seeing things there. :p

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Anne Sweetie, I'm so sorry for you loss, if you want anyone to chat to, feel free to PM me. *Hugs*

Aww, yeah I agree with you 4_H, that would be such a cute scene... Hehe, it's reasons such as that, that we need Gil to come back for... :lol:

Oh, I think the show would have been alot different if TPTB had went down the G/C route, I mean come on, if Lindsay was his daughter, I bet he'd be a real hands on dad. I don't think she'd have turned out the way she did, if Gil had been her father, I think she would have be a little less rebellious... I mean, if she had had a father fugire such as Gil rather than Eddie, obviously things would have been easier for her growing up, she wouldn't have had to deal with loosing her dad, and neither would be so rebellious, because often when she rebelled (like when she tried to run away), she would going looking for Eddie...

3. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Sorry for your loss, Anne. My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

I think if Lindsey had turned out to be Gil's, it'd definately be different than now. Not only their relationship, but his relationship with Cath would be different too. I always wondered how he'd react to finding out Lindsey was really his, but then I just can't really see Cath keeping something like that from him unless she didn't consider the possibility herself. Obviously, if he was her father, he would've been in her life more. Lindsey's life would've been more stable and I don't think she would've caused as much trouble as she has for Catherine.

Oh, you're not the only one, Gravy. In some way, I think Sam mentioned Catherine just because he knew it'd get a reaction from Gil. I'm sure he could see that there was a closeness between them and he wanted to see just how close Gil and Cath really were.

4. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I've always thought the custody arrangement between Gil and Catherine had Lindsey been his, would have been most interesting. And little things - like Lady Heather's Box - would Gil have been late to Lindsey's play? And would Lindsey have still decide to go home with her "dad" afterward?

It's interesting how the little things of the show would have changed

5. GraveyardIntern

GraveyardIntern Pathologist

Anne! You're back online! I hope everything went well and that you're hanging in there. My thoughts have been with you and your family and they still are! :)

And just as a kind of a side note, I definitely agree with you. ;) It would always have been interesting if Lindsey was Gil's. Watching S1 again just reminded me how much TPTB were probably aiming for the G/C route...

"I sure hoped someone would have said something."

"You mean me."

"Who else?"

They never explained that. GAH.

6. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

^Oh, how I wish they would have continued that conversation. So many questions left by that single conversation....how did he know?...why didn't he tell her?....I'm sure he probably fought with the idea of whether to tell her or not, knowing either way it would be hurting her.

I can't help but think that, if Lindsey was Gil's, him and Catherine would be together and all the things (Terri, LH, Sara, etc...) that happened, wouldn't have happened the way they did. It would have been different for sure.

7. Stepherweps

I totally agree with all of you guys, things would certainly have been different, personally I think TPTB were mad not to go down that route... But aww well, nothing we can do about it now... Although, it was a total waste of the amazing chemistry which they share... :adore: I'd have loved to have seen Gil as Lindsay's father, him and Cath would have had such an amazing relationship, and like it's already been said, I doubt Gil would be gone if he had been with Cath...

His last ep made me cry loads, we had it last week, it's going to be so weird this week without him... I'm going to miss him so much. :(

Hope you're all well. Take care. *Hugs*

P.S. Gravey, what ep is the dialogue you posted from?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
  8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*hugs Anne* I'm so sorry... you know that we're all here for you.

Oh lord, it would have probably changed their whole relationship... no doubt they would still have that great partnership and Lindsey would finally have a good father figure. It would be so cute to see Lindsey and Gil bond as father and daughter. Not to mention that Lindsey would get to be a big sister if Gil and Cath had more kids...

9. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Anne: I'm very sorry for your loss :( I lost my Great Grandpa Wright on Friday, and just got back from his military funeral today :*( I miss him very, very much....

Lindsey would have had a brilliant father figure in Gil, most certainly...the rules and the leniency would have been perfect, not too strict not to lenient...And I think the knowledge ("book") versus the street smarts from Cath would have been excellent for her.

10. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Sorry to hear that criminologist86 :( Thanks everyone for your wishes. They're much appreciated.

Here's a thought:

How would Lady Heather's Box have been different? Remember, we're not saying Eddie doesn't exist, we're just saying that he wasn't Lindsey's father.

11. Criminologist86

Thank you, Anne.

Oh come on, let's say Eddie doesn't exist! LOL Lord have mercy that's a big question, where do I even start? *waits quietly in the corner for other people to get the ball rolling before my big mouth jumps in*

12. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Sorry for you're loss, Amb.:( I'm here for ya bestie, you know that.....Ha, if Eddie didn't exist then we wouldn't have any problems at all!

Well, first off, I don't think Lindsey would've been with Eddie in the first place. The only way she would've been was if he kidnapped her, then that would make it a whole different ball game. As far as Lady Heather goes, I think Gil would've still been intrigued by her, but that would be it. It'd be something if he would be talking to her and all of the sudden get a phone call and it's Cath panicking because Lindsey's gone. He'd look distraught and LH would ask him what's wrong and he'd say, "My daughter's been kidnapped." and run out the door. He would've been right there with Cath pulling Lindsey out of that car and he would have definately not gone back to LH's place unless it had something to do with the case, that's for sure. He'd be at home taking care of and making sure his family is alright.;)

13. Stepherweps

Ambie, I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie, I'm here if you want anyone to chat to. *Hugs*

Hmm... Well I haven't seen all of Lady Heather's Box, it was on not so long ago, and I recorded it, but before I got to see it, my Dad recoreded over it... :( But if Eddie hadn't have been Lindsay's father, it's much more likely that he wouldn't have been at her school play, and therefore would not have stormed off, therefore Lindsay wouldn't have ran off stage crying, *poor little girl* she'd have been beaming down at her really proud Daddy who'd have been sitting watching her play. That was the ep in which Eddie died, right? Well, Lindsay wouldn't have been in the car with him, and wouldn't have had to deal with such an ordeal, neither would she have lost her father figure... Also, Gil would have had Cath, and therefore wouldn't have spent the night with Heather, and we wouldn't have the 'did they or didn't they?' scenario...

Well, there's my 2 cents... :lol:

14. Criminologist86

Bestie & AC: Thanks, youguys :) I really miss him but I know he's with the Lord :) And that my Great Grandma Valette as well, which is a huge comfort to all of us.

See, it's a GOOD thing when I stand back with my mouth SHUT sometimes; then other people say what I'm thinking (although sometimes that doesn't happen ;p) and then I don't have to say anything ;)
    My BIGGEST point got taken by Miss AC (lol), which is fine: Gil wouldn't have spent the night with that stinking woman (I love Melinda Clarke but L.H is certainly NOT my favourite) and would definitley have had a much more satisfactory roll in the sack with Cath ;) PUREJOY baby :p

I think I'm happier imagining a NON-existent Eddy. Period.

15. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*hugs Amb* You know we're all here for you, right?

Oh wow... there's just so many possibilities that I can't even think straight. Though we wouldn't have the boyfriend line if it weren't for Eddie. Things would be easier for Catherine 'cause she wouldn't have to deal with him and she wouldn't worry about spending more quality time with Gil... what else? Hmm, I'll let you know when I think up the rest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.