CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

That's one possibility. They want us to be left with no nails to bite with anticipation and maybe a random cop dies or maybe some character who only appeared in a couple of episodes. They have their reasons to make us believe this is gonna be big and since the season is ending in a cliffhanger anyway, they know we'll be there when they return. At least I will unless Stella is the one to die, which I think is unlikely.

But of course! Where's the fun otherwise? They may even use the preview to confuse us even more.

2. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Who do you think will die?
    I'm thinking either Lindsay, Sheldon, or Adam (*tear*).

They better not kill Adam... :(

I'm hoping for Lindsay... I'm too attached to the other characters, and I never really liked Lindsay, so... -shrug-

But, who knows? No one will know until the actual finale. Until then, the fans will watch, bite their nails, and wait. ;)

3. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

It's not only a trick to tune in big audiences for the finale, I think that they also count on the fact that the fans will watch the episodes to the finale to find clues and motives for one character or another to go to the farm. Marketing. Gotta love it.

I have three favorites for the death part: Lindsay, Hawkes, Danny. It better not be one of the last two, because it will be more than disappointing.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Happy St Patrick Day everyone!!! :D

well i was watching this morning "Raitalia"(The italian channel of course) and Hill was there!!! I didn't understand much because instead of using subtitles Hill had a guy translating in simultaneous (And i stopped paying attention when "cheese, groceries, goat, Gov taxes" were all mixed up in the same paragraph:lol:

well the thing is i'm VERY afraid of losing Sheldon:wtf: He was asked why being an actor he became a writer and he mentioned being sorrounded by people constantly and the way he gets space to be alone is writing (well don't trust in my translation. Last time i was related to Italian i was 12:p

Now i am starting to be frustrated as well. The waiting is killing me :D

St Patrick's blessings for you Kristine

Debbs

5. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

Yeah marketing and trying to lure audiences in are always a big deal during sweeps weeks and finales.

I remember a few weeks ago on Brothers & Sisters there were all these spoilers that a main character was going to die and the preview said someone will die. Then it turned out to be that the character had a heart attack and so his heart stopped for like a minute and he was technically dead but then brought back. :lol:

They know that by giving us that little tidbit we're all scrambling now and will without a doubt tune in to see what happens.

Don't get me wrong, I'm HOPING it will be something big and will actually be something shocking. I like my finales exciting even if they are a little heartbreaking. But that's just not the impression I'm getting...

Oh and, Happy St. Patty's!! I've already had two slices of corned beef! :D

6. melanie33

melanie33 Hit and Run

I agree with the above poster. I dont think its going to be anything overly dramatic. Nothing was ever stated it had to be emotional or dramatic. PL never said it would affect the team, only it would change the lineup. And IMO Sinclair is part of the NY family, he has been appearing off and on since season 3. His death would also change the lineup, because you would assume that A) they would bring in someone to take his place, or B) Gillian would take over his job (And No we dont have to see her for that to occur) and they would bring in a new deputy inspector. We have had Gerrard and Gillian in the past two seasons, so I would assume they would cast another actor to take on that role. Hence changing the lineup. IMO anyone that plays a specific role on the show would be considered part of the lineup and part of the family. Also seeing the press release for episode 21, I notice that Sinclair is on it, why bring him back now? He hasnt appeared since episode 5. Also, Sinclair is a cop. And is tied to the flashdrive storyline.

Really, from what I have seen-- reading spolers--in this weeks episode there is a scene relating to the death of PINO's wife that greatly affects Danny. I just cant see TPTB putting Danny through the same thing, only 6 episodes later, it makes no sense. And yes there was a comment given about how D and L would balance, work and their jobs. I dont think Pam Veasey was talking about one episode, because AB also made comments that basically said the same thing. As did Peter Lenkov in his interview here. Also IMO killing off either Danny or Lindsay is way predictable, because now they are happy you would assume that something like that could occur. And honestly I dont think TPTB are going to go the predictable route. Also to me, killing Lindsay would be turning Danny into a clone of Mac, another reason, why I dont think it will happen. JMHO.

7. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

I agree on all points Melanie, like I said before, they're not going to tell us that the death isn't going to be overly emotional or dramatic. So far we don't have anything very solid to tell us it will be. CSI: NY is a procedural show with a lot of recurring and supporting actors. Any one of those could be considered a memeber of the "family". Hell, maybe they'll finally officially kill Louie off. :lol: Or even Sam!

I don't think it's going to be either of them (but God what I wouldn't give for some Louie resolution) but I'm just making the point that the possibilities are endless.

Lastly, Danny needs a friggin break from the drama. :lol: I think he's had more big dramatic storylines than any of the other members of the team since season one. They need to spread it around a little more. That's another reason I don't see it being Lindsay. Talk about overkill.

I say it's Eddie's turn. They had so many more places they could go with the Sam storyline but they seem to have traded them out (just this season hopefully) for his romance with FAILtective Angell. So seeing her die (especially within the first 10 minutes!! :devil:) would make my day. They could give Eddie a nice little arc and I never have to see her again.

But I don't know if I'm that lucky so I think Sinclair or Gillian are the most likely candidates. Especially since Julia Ormond was only signed up for a few episodes to begin with. It'd make sense for her death to be their exit strategy. That also leaves Mac the opportunity to be promoted thus changing the lineup.

I mean didn't PV or AZ say that the last few episodes would focus on Man and Stella? If Mac gets a promotion Stella would too. It'd be interesting to see them deal with their change in position.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I can still hope it's Lindsay though. ;)

But... we'll just have to wait and see. Maybe it wouldn't change the show at all. Maybe it would change the show big time. Who knows? As long as a good character isn't replaced by a mediocre one (Aiden replaced by Lindsay)... and as long as it's not Adam. :)

Hmmmm....on the season finale, everyone will be on this topic like white on rice. :D

9. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Possible, but only if they're way, way, way exaggerating. But not out of the realm of possibility--after all, Miami hyped a big death at the end of Season Four, and it ended up being Officer Jessop.

It makes all the sense in the world, actually. First we've got Mac talking to Danny about losing Claire and having regrets, causing Danny to drag Lindsay to the courthouse to get married. Then we've got him reacting badly to the death of the wife of someone he knows? Sounds like it could be foreshadowing.

They didn't say for how long, though. As for Anna's interview, they don't always tell actors in advance when they're letting them go.

Danny will never be a clone of Mac. :lol: The two characters couldn't be more different in personality. :lol: I think they've always had a special bond, though, and that Mac looks at Danny as a surrogate son and Danny at Mac like a surrogate father.

As for predictable, everyone seems so convinced Danny and Lindsay are going to live happily ever after. ;) I think a fair number of people would be shocked by her death.

Sure, it could be. Right now, we don't know anything--all speculation. And speculation is fun! But Louie or Sam dying wouldn't make the killer a cop killer. ;)

Danny's only drama this season has been happiness with Lindsay. And let's face it--Danny is an angst magnet. He's at his most interesting when he's unhappy and stressed and in distress. I don't think the writers have lost sight of that.

It's great that seeing Angell die would make your day, but the writers aren't penning the show for you. Or for any of us. I'd love to see Lindsay go, but I think it's equally likely that it will be Hawkes, who I'd hate to see die. It doesn't matter who we want to go--it's about who's most likely to go.

And what's a "FAILtective"? :confused: It doesn't even rhyme. It's certainly not funny.

Right, episodes that have already aired. Kind of hard to kill her off if she's not around to be killed off.

I'm still trying to find out how seeing them promoted would serve a show called <i>CSI</i>: New York. Mac can't be a CSI if he's not in the field processing evidence, can he? I wouldn't hold your breath on him getting a promotion. ;)

10. Isla

Isla Prime Suspect

Perhaps one of the writers, who has written the first ten minutes of the script, leaves the CBS family.:D
    It would be that writer:angryrazz: who made our Danny to a Danny with a familiy of cops:scream:. So the big change would be that we will finally get some continuity. I´m for that solution;):D

11. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Just came across this article - it's about a piece of technology that's going to be featured in this week's episode: a touch-screen protein analyzer:

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Oh boy! I can imagine what is going to happen in S6:wtf: Nobody "important" to us dies so we will have:

Lindsay wants Danny changes diapers. He says he wants to go out with Don because he has tickets for a basketball game
    He leaves.
    Lindsay is again pissed off
    He comes back
    She gives him another Monologue of Doom. Makes him feel like a crap.
    He finally changes the diapers

So we have "The Danny and Lindsay Horror Show" AGAIN:scream::angryrazz::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

sorry. I don't want anyone to die but i want someone who tells me i won't be "headesking" next season:wtf::wtf::wtf:

besides if nobody emotionally envolves with us is going to die/dissapear/dissove why the mistery thousands of weeks before the Season Finale:confused::wtf:

I was the one who says we didn't melodramma in S5 and nobody payed attention to me:lol:

Kalignita!

Debbie:p

13. ErinElizabeth

ErinElizabeth Rookie

:lol: WHAT?! I'm sorry I didn't know that rhyming was a rule these days... Basically, I think Angell is made of FAIL. So I call her FAILtective. And you say you don't think it's funny as if I give a damn whether you do or not... :rolleyes:

And thanks, I realize the show is not written for me. But that doesn't stop you from pissing and moaning about Lindsay and wishing she'd get killed off. So why should it stop me from wanting it to be Angell? :confused:

You say that as if I said "OMG SHE'S THE ONE" when in the next line down, a line you actually quoted, I said it probably wouldn't be her. It's just talk. A little wishful thinking, a little speculation. Just like everyone has been doing... But I honestly do think she's an option. Just like I think Hawkes is and Sinclair is. And Gillian doesn't necessarily have to come back to be killed off. They could mangle the body or something.

And the promotion thing could be part of the cliffhanger idea. Will Mac except the promotion? They found ways for us to see Sinclair and Gillian, Gerrard before that. It's quite doable actually.

14. electra

electra Pathologist

It could be worse.Danny could die and Lindsay can give the monologue of doom to EVERYONE.At least now she is stuck with Danny that I don't like much these days so I basically FF their scenes.But I would be upset if I have to FF Mac,Stella or Flack.

In Angel in this week episode?

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

The horror, the horror! :lol: I wonder if seeing them struggle with the newborn in 524 will be along those lines. I hope not, but it could be....

Sorry, couldn't resist pointing out the lameness of it. :lol:

Nobody said it should. I was just pointing out how unlikely it was that the actress's salary would make any difference when she only appears once every seven episodes or so.

I guess, though that would hardly change the line up forever. Though I think it's a stretch, I could see Angell's death affecting the line up. Sinclair's or Gillian's? Not really. Not to say that the language couldn't be a total stretch, but still, neither death would have much of an impact.

That wouldn't be much of a cliffhanger. :lol:

There's no way they'd get rid of Danny and leave Lindsay on the show? What purpose would she possibly have? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.