Monk

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jan 21, 2005.

1. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Meaning that it will be on at 11 PM? That's insane!!! :eek:
    Thanks Dynamo.

2. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Currently Monk is seen at 10 pm,
    If its to move up it would then air at 9:00 pm.
    If set back then it would be 11:00 pm.

3. sweetheart

sweetheart Witness

I love Monk and his type.It's a great show! And it's always a great ending of tuesday evening. First CSI:Miami after that another great German forensic show and then Monk. Fabulous!

4. Destiny

:lol: I am loving this ep, but i feel so bad for monk, kids are cruel sometimes.

5. Tinkerbell

Tinkerbell Head of the Swing Shift

Bumping up for those who wish to post here. :)

6. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Thanks for the alert...I love this show.

7. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Don't want to forget about Mr. Monk - like I could.

8. Destiny

Just a reminder for "Monk" Fans.

After conquering jury duty, amnesia and the world of fashion, MONK will be taking on a new time slot this season. Beginning Friday July 7, Monk will be seen an hour earlier at 9/8C.

9. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Yay, and the season 4 dvd's are due at the end of this month.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Happy 53rd birthday today, October 9, to Monk star Tony Shalhoub. Also known as cab driver Antonio Scarpacci in Wings, Fred Kwan in Galaxy Quest, Jack Jeebs in the Men In Black movies, Luigi in Cars, and many more roles, he has won one Golden Globe, two Screen Actors Guild, and three Emmy awards as the obsessive defective detective. Have a great day, Tony. Please log in and say hello.

11. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

Happy Birthday, Adrian/Tony! 53!? I'm guessing he'll ignore this birthday because of the number or pretend he's 50.

12. Dynamo1

I just read this on TV Guide online Entertainment News webpage about a special November 17 episode of Monk.
    Dan Hedaya will guest on a special holiday episode of USA Network's Monk, airing Nov. 17. The Cheers and NYPD Blue alum will play Monk's father, Jack.

13. pilgrim

pilgrim Rookie

From the Tortelli kids' dad in Cheers to Cher's dad in Clueless to Adrian and Ambrose's dad. I think he'll fit the part perfectly. Maybe a Columbo attitude of someone who's brilliant and can't stand the finishing touches but ends up with a picky Hercule Poirot and an Ambrose who knows the fine details of everything that was ever assembled.

14. Dynamo1

This is from an email I received today from Lee Goldberg, author of Monk novels:

Today my third original MONK novel MR. MONK AND THE BLUE FLU will be appearing on shelves in bookstores nationwide.

Here's what the book is about: Monk is horrified when he learns there's going to be a blue flu in San Francisco” until Capt. Stottlemeyer explains that it just means the police plan to call in "sick" until they get a better contract. The good news is the labor dispute will give Monk a chance to get back on the force. The bad news is it means he'll be a "scab"—and he doesn't like the sound of that either.

But before he knows it, Monk has his badge back, and his own squad to command. Unfortunately, some of the squad members make Monk look like a paragon of mental health. But despite the challenges, they'll have to pull together to catch an astrologer's killer, solve a series of mysterious fatal assaults, and most importantly, clean up their desks. ...

Monk has been working for years to get his badge back, so I thought it would be fun to see what would happen if he finally got his wish...if only for a while....and to see him in an entirely different situation than he's ever been in before. I've been toying with the idea of a "Blue Flu" story ever since I was first approached to write original Monk novels...but somehow it didn't seem right to me as the way to kick-off the series of books.

Part of the fun of doing these books for me is the chance to explore aspects of Monk's character that haven't been dealt with yet on the TV series or, as is the case with MR. MONK GOES TO HAWAII, go places and do things that the TV series can't for various logistical and production reasons. I'm thinking about sending Monk to Europe for an upcoming book, but we'll see what happens.

If you would like a signed, personalized copy of MR. MONK AND THE BLUE FLU, they are available through Mysteries To Die For in Thousand Oaks, California. They will be glad to take your order online and send books almost anywhere in the world.

By the way, this is the last original MONK novel to premiere in paperback...with the next book, MR. MONK AND THE TWO ASSISTANTS, the series is jumping to hardcover. That book comes out in July 2007 and, as you can probably guess from the title, is about the surprising return of Sharona, Monk's first assistant. You can find a teaser chapter for TWO ASSISTANTS in the back of MR. MONK AND THE BLUE FLU.

15. Dynamo1

Sorry to double post, but I thought fans would like to know about.....

MONK Marathon on USA Network, Sunday, January 14
    (All times Eastern; check listings for time and channel in your area)

9:00 AM Mr. Monk Bumps His Head
    10:00 AM Mr. Monk Gets Married
    11:00 AM Mr. Monk and the Earthquake
    12:00 PM Mr. Monk Goes to Jail
    1:00 PM Mr. Monk and the Game Show
    2:00 PM Mr. Monk Gets Drunk
    3:00 PM Mr. Monk Goes to a Rock Concert
    4:00 PM Mr. Monk Goes to Vegas
    5:00 PM Mr. Monk Takes a Vacation
    6:00 PM Mr. Monk and the Class Reunion
    7:00 PM Mr. Monk Gets Jury Duty
    8:00 PM Mr. Monk and Little Monk