"No Way Out" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Not to get too far off topic but IMO I think Steve Irwin might have lived he he hadn't pulled the stinger out himself. His death was tragic and I can't watch re-runs of the croc hunter without tearing up.

Speaking of tearing up, that scene with Superdave, the boys father, and Greg really made me tear up too. Plus it made me love Greg even more.

2. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Agree with you on Steve Irwin, my daughter and I can't watch his re-runs without wanting to cry. On a positive note, my daughter loves his daughter, Bindi's new show. She's a real talent that one.

I agree with the hug scene for Ray, but maybe Riley isn't a huggy type of person. Still some acknowledgement of her bravery should have been shown. Ray saved the boy's life, but Riley saved Ray's and her and the youngster's life as well.

3. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Well being a CSI she probably would know that stuff.

I think Ray was hugged due to the fact he is still really a newbie CSI and his first really scary encounter. Riley has been a CSI for awhile, maybe not in Vegas but also in St. Louis. Like Nick said, she is trained for this type of stuff, Ray is not really that much yet.

4. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

As someone stated, I think Riley must have been congratulated off camera, because Ray was talking to Brass and then joined the team. Catherine did affectionately touch Riley's arm before they walked away. Riley not only saved her and Ray but Greg as well, he could have been either shot or taken hostage too if it wasn't for her. To me Riley is a hero.

5. JenAinslie

JenAinslie Police Officer

I'd love to know if sitting on the writers' cutting room floor is a "what if" we let Greg walk all the way down the stairs... But yes, Riley is the hero... :)

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Did anyone else smile when the ER doc said that the guy was dead? It sounded so offhanded, like, "Oh well, gangbanger's dead. Not that I care."

I really did expect the kid to hit Riley again when he found the radio. I'm still not entirely sure why he didn't.

I thought it was kind of interesting that no one really reacted to the obvious black eye (well, red eye) on Riley. Like, no one even asked her if she was okay.

I guess there's a lot of yellow, lousy drugs in St. Louis (that's where Riley's from, right? I'm not crazy?).

"I'd like to rip his heart out."
    "I'd like to let you."
    I love Greg. :)

7. electra

electra Pathologist

I agree that despite the loss of so many beloved characters this is still a great show.And it gives more space for development of characters like Greg.I hated his change from DNA guy to CSI but now I am warming to him.

8. RowanMacLachlan

RowanMacLachlan Civilian

Electra you hit it on the nose for me. I miss Grissom every Thursday night but the show has captured me even more since they are developing all the characters. I am really enjoying the training process for Ray. I was admittedly very nervous when they announced Fishburne's addition to the cast but am pleasantly surprised with how it has developed.

Greg with the father was heart wrenching. He did such a wonderful job especially since David could not seem to quit sticking his foot in his mouth.

I wasn't able to catch the training scene at the beginning of the show :brickwall: I am definitely going to catch it online.

9. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

Great episode, so much suspense terror and excitment, and a real nail-biter. The beginning a test and I thought it was a real crime scene. when they called Greg Riley, then it was apparent it was a test run. Reality set in, the neigborhood guy and the 7-yr. old kid shot:( Super dave trying to talk to dad into letting his son go, and wonderful Greg, saying, "what's his name" & he's no longer with us, he's in a better place. we have to take him so we can figure out who did this" so compassionate. The shooting victim in the car trunk. Brass knowing it was "Sweets" who ran with the "Snakebacks" from his tattoo. Riley and Langston going back to the house, many phone jacks, but no phones, till Riley called one and it was coming from the basement. And finding all the toxic chemicals down there. Then finding Reggie wounded and Frankie jumping out, and then it got really ugly. Cut again to Greg, who went to visit the dad of the dead boy. "Do you have to do this often"? Greg, "It's not part of my job" and him going in for coffee, so sweet:) Hostage situation, and Reggie running amok and Riley telling him we're lab techs, we don't carry guns" good one:thumbsup: Greg knowing something was wrong and Riley telling him "we don't need any help" and calling him Riley, another good move and a tip-off. Langston so calm, cool and collected. Trying to save Reggie, so together, and under the curcumstances, awesome performance. this kid who played Frankie great acting on his part so beliveable. And him letting Riley go get her kit, and signaling Nick, again good job. then Frankie admitting to killing Sweets. Langston giving Reggie the ether, and pulling out the glass, and the blood spurting, EWWW:klingon: "It's very difficult to concentrate with you pointing that gun at me", then Riley made her move, and sprung into action "Drop the gun and do something good for a change" then it was over. And Langston telling Brass "Have them treat him fairly, he's not a lost cause. Brass "Somehow, I knew you were going to say that" The last scene, Riley and Langston smiling at one another & Cath hugging Dr. Langston, sweet, but why not Riley too, she saved the day?:confused: All the team smiling and happy at the outcome , Lauren Lee Smith did a fabulous job in this ep. and LF too, they were great together. Really good episode:bolian:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  10. Gremine

Gremine Rookie

I loved the eppisode! The begining scene is so fun to watch. Not a usual Csi eppy + It was a typical hostage situation we saw in so many crime shows but the writers did a good job. Not too tense, not too bloody, not too dramatic... Ok i am tired of saying 'not too'... In the end i thought 'and a new team is born'.

Greg and Riley have a nice chemistry really. Thinking the begining scene first i thought 'Greg in danger again?' but Riley was cool.And Greg understood the situation quickly.Go Greg! Also Riley is growing on me. Nick was right to trust her , She saved the day with Ray. She and Ray didn't panick but Frankie was hysterical. I agree the actor was so good.

So many lovely Greg scene... I liked the gun thing with Greg. The promo was telling a different story but look what happened; it was just a training. Damn, they know how to play with the viewers' mind in the promos...:lol:

And emotional reaction from Greg...
    It was a really hearty line and for me the most memorable dialogue in the eppy.I love Greg too...:adore:

Cath hugging Ray, boys shaking his hand, Brass-Ray talking... Nice scenes. I would like to see Ray and Brass together more. For example a scene like Ray,Brass and Doc playing poker :p:lol:

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Poker, that could be fun. :lol:

I just really enjoyed that "drill" scene. Would have loved to have seen something like that with the original team. I can imagine Rick and Sara doing that no prob. But, Grissom playing with a paint gun would be "must see tv" in my book. :D Though the scene was great as it was. I wonder who that other guy playing with them was. Have we ever seen him on the show before?

12. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Ever since Grissom left i haven't been feeling CSI:LV but last night epi was really great. I wasn't bored, actually i was very interested in the whole epi and kept me on my feet. yay

13. byline

byline CSI Level One

Loved the episode; another one knocked right out of the park, IMO. It showed two of the main characters in danger, but also very much thinking on their feet and working their way out of the situation. Loved how Riley kept her head and got out her gun at the right time, then she and Ray got him to come over and help by putting pressure on the wound. I also enjoy how the series has revitalized its focus on the cases, themselves, and how the main characters solve them . . . as a team. That's always been my fascination with this series, and I'm so happy it has returned to that focus.

14. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Damn!! Riley has got some balls! LOL She can kick ass! I liked how she had more air time in the episode. She is really starting to grow on me. Nick...hot as ever!!!! I enjoyed the end scene how they all "walked off in the sunset" together. It shows that even though the team has changed greatly over the past year, they are still a team and are there for each other!

Yeah CSI's!

15. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

CSI got 17 million viewers last night. Awesome!