Grade 'Green Piece'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 11, 2009.

?

How would you grade Green Piece?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

1) Overall, I liked the ep! Adam was great! (Well, so was AJ!)
    2) There were sooooo many opportunities for man-hugs, yet we did not get them. I WANT MAN-HUGS!! (Sorry for the yelling. Apparently, TPTB can't hear us very well!)
    3) Mac's speech to Danny was :wtf:. In Veritas, when Lidsay made the comment about Divine Intervention being the reason that Mac was still alive (after the bullet just tore his shirt, but didn't hurt Mac), Mac made the comment that God is a Scientist. Then last night...:wtf::confused: he tells Danny that he believes God brought the 2 of them together, and that they are blessed (now, I realize Mac is just a character, but....) does last night's speech really fit in with what Mac said earlier? I am :confused:.
    4) Even my hubby wanted to see some hugs (he was really hoping Stella woulda hugged Adam!).
    5) I never woulda guessed the daughter. Never.
    6) So, your daughter is dead, you go back to work, and don't call your wife? Did anyone else catch that? Shouldn't he have called his wife? :shifty:
    7) The marriage thing. I watched, but coulda done without it. Oh, well.

Good ep! Can't wait till next week...

2. merlin222

merlin222 Victim

I give it an A. The only thing that ruined the episode was the damn montage at the end. (Can you count how many times I wrote the word 'the'? :guffaw:) I loved Adam playing hockey! By the way, the Mac/Danny thing bugged me a little. While the scene was really nice, Mac sounded a bit like a priest, didn't he?

3. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Not a bad episode, I quite enjoyed it.

Adam is awesome, the first few scenes of the episode were rather good, and he did make me smile. I did find it strange how everyone seemed to get to the scene so quickly, and no one seemed particularly surprised to find Adam there.

I didn't like Mac's speech to Danny, maybe I haven't paid attention to Mac talking in the past, but his whole 'god brought you together' seemed out of place coming from him, I don't know, it just seemed an odd conversation. I did like Danny and Lindsay talking about the baby and Lindsay going to Montana. I have to say, she did seem slightly more upbeat in this episode, I wonder if Anna herself was quite looking forward to going on maternity leave?

The wedding? Lindsay didn't look fully convinced at first. :lol: All I could think of was that Lindsay seemed to think it would be nice for her Mom to see her pregnant, well, perhaps her Mom would have liked to see her get married too? Definitely not a romantic wedding. And then there was the montage. Hilarious.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh i liked the episode pretty much (except some moments) but it kept me entertained.

Zachary, God Lord what excellent job you have done :D:bolian:

As many times this season i really enjoyed the opening sequence. Maybe the music + action +blast gave me the feeling they were in a movie. I ADORED Adam playing hockey. It was a homage to Canada and i loved the reference (Hey! you must NOT forget Maurice Richard eh!):thumbsup:
    After the blast when all squads arrived i had the feeling it was a remake of Charge of This Post because of the good feelings. Years ago Stella was worried for >Lindsay with a wound on her head. Now It's Adam and Mac is there like a father. Nopt surprise because both of them (Mac and Stella) have had a "protective" behaviour towards both of them

The father seemed to be quite cold. I mean, sure he might be in shock but it was as he was repressings his feelings all the time. I have felt more pain in my Stella than in that guy. In the only moment he broke was when he found out his own dauther tried to killed him

Iwished more interactions of Stella with Adam. As Pleni said i was expecting a hug. Because she really cares for him and i found "How is your head" scene a little distant. However i think it was really touching how she let him know he made a great job. Poor Adam seems vulnerable all the time but much more after the explosion

The real jewel of the episode was the interaction between Mac and Danny. Both were completely IN CHARACTER and i enjoyed Danny Messer as i haven't done in a long long long time (since Trapped S2). As once we discussed inside the Mac Thread, they are very alike.In this case they are very alike how they felt with their wife/girlfriend
    "EMMY NOMINATION" i shouted when Mac said he wasn't in a rush to have children with Claire because he was afraid. It broke totally my heart and shaked up all my outlines. How a man in his position was so afraid despite of there is not doubt how much he loved Claire
    It was something he always has: fear of being happy

On the other side we have Danny, who knows he wants the baby but he is not sure his feelings towards Lindsay. He knows he loves her...or he thinks so...but still he has so many doubts

I really like their interaction...something we haven't seen in many years:bolian: Really the father-son relationship (a different but similar at the same time Mac has with Adam)

If something i want to say after that scene and the one with Adam at the beginning is GIVE MAC TAYLOR A BABY SON!!!!!!!!!!!! I really felt how much he regretted not having kids with Claire (Hey Mac there is a woman who wants to have your babies. No, i'm not offering-but i could:drool:- I am talking about a woman who is VER CLEARLY MADLY IN LOVE WITH YOU, a Half Greek half American Lady:lol:

Besides Carmine and Gary's moment i have as fav those ones with Adam and Stella. She must be the only one who certainlky knows how to treat him fighting against his insecurities (well besides Mac anyway)

I LOVED her scene with the Father at the end. She looked incredible upset because she showed all those children's pictures who suffer poisoning by those toxics. It's another signal who MUST BE MAC'S BABY MOMMA:lol: how deeply she is affected by anything related to children

The end? I want that pic with Stella and Mac when Danny opened the ofice door. I thought Lindsay was going to give her the bouquet but it was on reverse:lol: I Liked how Danny almost cried when they were
    standing in front of the Clerk office:thumbsup:

The scene not as cheesy as i thought however NOW I WANT SMACKED SCENES :scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: Stop with DL!:scream::scream::scream::scream::scream: a fanvid included i can't believe it!:vulcan:

A good episode anyway (First part i gave an A. For the last scene and the lack of Smacked i graded it differently. Guess who graded it with a Z :lol:

5. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Well, it was infinitely better than I'd anticipated. I enjoyed seeing Adam outside of work and it was great seeing his character being a bit more 'out there' as one of the good guys (not that I ever thought he wasn't a 'good guy', but it's nice to see his actions at the forefront of the show). I also really liked the iterplay between Adam and Hawkes, 'twas fun! Poor Adam always gets them messing with him.

The neo-nazi guy was just horrible. It was great seeing Flack's reaction to that.

I loved the D/L scene at the lab. It's a little predictable having Danny do the whole 'no guy's going anywhere near my little girl' (supposing it is a girl of course) but I loved the banter between the two. Lindsay's laugh as he got into the elevator was great and held perfect tones of 'you poor deluded fool'. Danny's grin was just adorable. :devil:

The convo between Mac and Danny was a little off. I loved that they even talked about things, and especially liked the obvious respect and appreciation that Mac has for Danny. But, as other's have pointed out the 'God' thing was a tad unnecessary and a little too cheesy for my taste.

As for the wedding - I liked it. That surprised me because I've been holding out for it to be over and for them to get on an even keel before I thought I'd enjoy D/L together again. But I actually enjoyed the wedding scenes.

Firstly, I like how realistic it was. Danny talking to Mac was not a Danny who was barrelling in with no thought other than 'I just have to make this work'. Obviously there was that undertone, but he was hesitant and uncertain and that seemed like Danny to me. It seemed clear that he DID want to marry her right now because of the baby, but it was also clear to me that he loved her. It's an interesting interplay because I'd anticipated they were going to do the whole 'I love you more than my own life, and I'd want to marry you baby or no baby'. I'm so glad they didn't do that because it would have been unbelievable.

It's true there are no guarantees the marriage will work, but real life or a drama show, there are never guarantees. There's no doubt that if Lindsay wasn't pregnant then they wouldn't be getting married right now. But that doesn't mean they wouldn't have gotten there in the end (and imo they probably would have done eventually).

As for the kissing, people have talked about it lacking passion, they're right, it did. But, I liked that. I'd have been a little weirded out if they'd started playing tonsil tennis at that point. It wasn't the time. If you take the 'deleted' (or not so deleted now) s2 kiss as that first, tentative kiss, then the SD one as the passionate lead in to sex, then this one defiitely spoke volumes to me about the depth of their feelings for one another. Then again, I've never been one of the people who've never seen the chemistry between these two, I guess if you don't see the chemisty then the kissing will always feel out of step. For me, it hit the right note.

I gave in an A! :)

EDT. The montage was completely unnecessary, not sure why they did that. I'd have preferred to actually have seen part of the wedding rather than just hearing it.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  6. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

Haven't seen it yet, it's not available yet at the site I watch in. Was undecided about watching, but will to see the MacDaddy / Danny scene, it would be just like Danny to get married because Mac thinks he should. This boy has serious daddy issues and it's about time we saw the real Daddy Messer, to see where these problems arise from. It was nice of Mac to give little Danny a pep talk, but if he'd done the birds and the bees talk before, we might possibly have been spared the baby bump drama. :)

I was expecting that at the beginning of this epi, we would be told that Danny / Lindsay had been living together for months and this was just making it official for facing her folks, I presume I was wrong.

Is it possible now that Carmine has gone this far with the storyline, that Danny stops looking like a 12 yr old being forced to kiss his auntie, when he is in scenes with Lindsay. I'm going to check out the kissing scenes with Ricki to see if it is just the type of scene he is uncomfortable with.

7. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

I liked this episode. Despite all the network hysteria over the canonical confirmation of ten thousand dewy-eyed fangirl fantasies, the focus was squarely on an intriguing case, except for one jaw-dropping exception that made my butt clench so hard that I looked like a Belorussian power lifter trying to resist the implacable caress of a Senokot cocktail. I was interested in finding out whodunnit from the beginning, and I was pleasantly surprised that my initial surmises were incorrect. I was sure that either the husband was blowing up his own house for the insurance money, or that the absent wife had set the bomb and headed for the hills. I never thought it could be Alice, nor did I guess the motive. The quality of this case was so good that it could've been showcased on CSI Vegas.

However...

I do have a few quibbles. I realize that the force of the blast was directed away from Adam and blunted by the reinforced steel panels, but even so, how did he escape with such minor injuries? He was right next to the van when the bomb detonated. He should've had concussive force injuries. At the very least, he should've suffered ruptured eardrums, and he most certainly should not have been able to hear such muffled cries for help. In "Child's Play," a man suffered extensive ear damage and hearing loss after a joke cigar exploded. That fool was nearly to the door of a bar, far from the seat of the explosion, and I'm confident that the killer cigar wasn't packed with three barrels of nitromethane and ammonium nitrate. Adam should've needed sonic hearing aids and ear trumpets to hear for several days, if not weeks, thereafter.

"I believe that God brought you and Lindsay together."

Really? Really, Mac. That line was horrifyingly out of character for a man, who, as far as we know, hasn't had much truck with religion since Claire's death. In fact, when Stella asks him in S1 or S2 how long it's been since he went to church, Mac confesses that it's been several years, and his reply hints of a deep dissatisfaction with the church. One can hardly blame Mac; he lost his wife on 9/11, one of the most senseless tragedies in history, and once someone has suffered such an unexpected and deeply unfair loss, it's little wonder that they might have a bone to pick with an institution that likely offered precious little solace and a God who seemingly fell asleep at the switch. Mac's been all about the science for a very long time.

Now, suddenly, he believes that God brought Danny and Lindsay together? There isn't enough headdesking in the world to assuage the burning stupidity of that statement. No, Mac. It wasn't God that brought them together. It was Danny's heat-seeking pen0r, sniffing out her panty-manna and plowing itself a Montana poon field. A more shameless grab for revisionist legitimacy I never have seen. Nice try, though. Had it been Sid delivering that line, I might've believed it, since he's always subscribing to crackpot theories.

That said, his speech about Claire was a lovely bit of writing that humanized Mac and made me ache for him. If he were more human more often, I might grow to like him.

The less said about the "wedding" the better. It completely disregarded the marriage laws in NYC, shorted the city clerk by ten dollars, and made Lindsay look like a desperate dolt. I'm sorry, but if I'd already told my boyfriend that I wasn't interested in marriage and he ambushed me with a surprise marriage ceremony, I wouldn't be happy. I'd be angry that, once again, my feelings were being set aside in favor of salving his insecurities. And if the wedding had been a spur-of-the-moment decision(which is impossible because NYS marriage laws would've required Lindsay be present to file for the license), then how did Mac turn up with a set of wedding bands? Are you telling me Mac picked out Danny and Lindsay's wedding bands? I've no doubt that Mac has better taste than Danny, but really? What did he do, go to a jeweler with a drive-through?

And lastly, stop proselytizing, CSI:NY. Yes, environmental pollution is awful, and exploiting impoverished peasants is dastardly, but bad, agenda-pandering drama blows, too. You might as well have held up a sign that read, "And now, we at CSI:NY would like to tell you about the evils of industrial pollution. Please applaud Stella as she gets her mad indignant on. Thank you." The scene would've been much more effective if Stella had hammered home the fact that Mr. Fishman's greed had contributed to his daughter's death instead of waving around guilt-inducing photos of Chinese peasant children. I'm sorry that greedy asses are endangering the lives of poor peasants, but I'm not feeling guilty because I own a PC. If I didn't, how else would Zuiker besiege me with his hurl-inducing cross-platforming? Go stow it without lube, NY writers.

B+

8. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

See I gave it a B- and I totally agree with your comments. It was a good ep if you could wade through the scacharine laced romance moments.

As for your take on Mac's speech, I could not agree more, I was discussing this with a friend on Livejournal last night.

The scene started out okay, Mac regretting that he and Claire had never had kids, and I loved the catch in his voice as he said it. God it worked so well and you really felt for him. But they couldn’t leave it there......NO!!! They HAD to go and make it so sickly sweet and spoil any sincerity it had by taking it to far. To me that’s been the trade mark of this whole season. They take it to far, and slip from a genuine emotional moment straight into bad taste.

9. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I totally agree. That scene was so poignant and heartfelt on Mac's part, and I loved it...until they took it too far and made it preachy and annoying (God brought them together...). That does seem to be a trend this season, and it really is getting annoying-the truly good emotional highs of the episode are brought down by cheese piled on time of it....

Speaking of things being annoying lately, is anyone else getting really irritated by the random freeze framing in the action scenes? :confused:

10. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

La Guera: liked your review :D Just a few notes:

1) It was in S1 "Three generations are enough" 1.09
    where Stella said the case brought her back to church and she asked him if he still went. Mac answered "sometimes". And that's the truth because the first scene we have of Mac in CSI NY in Blink is that one inside the Church. I didn't noticed unsatisfaction from him:confused:

2) i think Stella was passionate about those kids because she really couldn't feel pity for someone who tried to kill her own father. Beyond the fact that father deserver a multi-wolrdwide-kick in his butt. And because of that same reason she couldn't feel pity for they guy either. So she only suffers for the consecuanqueces on those children who live in China. And probably she knows they are not "any other kid affected by polution" but kids who are affected by polution caused by this man who is under her custudy. Considering how passionate she is i am surprised she didn't punch him:lol:

3) I cringed with that line "God brought to you":wtf: It was weird from Mac ITA with you. However i think because of he made a strong parallelism with Claire-Lindsay so he put part of his own thoughts when he said so. Probably he thought God put Claire and him together so he thought it was the same with Lindsay and Danny

anyway i liked the episode but i could have lived without the fancra...errrrr i mean fanvid :D :lol:

Debbie :D

11. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

That doesn't necessarily mean that he doesn't believe in God, I haven't been to church in quite a while either. He can believe in God and not go to church.

In Three Generations Are Enough he says that he does sometimes go to church.

12. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

I wanted to post earlier, but apparently there was a toilet paper emergency and I had to go to the shop. The elevator doesn't work. I live at the 10th floor. *breaths*

A from Adam.

The case was interesting. From the beginning I pegged the father as a baddie, it turned out that he was, but not the kind that I initially thought. The case wasn't hard to follow, although, I wonder how the daughter brought the van in front of her house (they proved that she did it because of the partial print on the rear view mirror) if she found out about the plan just before the van went off. I'm guessing it's either a slip from the writers, or my missed attention.

I loved Adam in this episode. Just absolutely pure love. And I also loved the interaction with Sheldon. He actually thought for a moment that the Doc was serious when he asked about his involvement :D

The wedding wasn't as bad as I thought. It would have been a lovely twist if Lindsay said no in front of the clerk's office, but the wedding promo pictures were already out, and probably they couldn't change it. But it would have been great. The cheese factor wasn't as big as I expected, but the montage was pretty lame and fangirl video like. But it was did with a little taste.

Conclusion: ADAM IS LOVE :adore:

EDIT: I almost forgot about the great Mac. I concur with the the choir that says that the God line just came out of nowhere. But, his speech about Claire was good, and it was written OK, and like La_guera said it gave him a human side, didn't grow much on me, but it was nice to see that Mac is in fact a human and not a machine that came from a parallel universe to bring the justice among humans.

13. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My problem with the Mac thing is that it could've been written differently. I mean, all he really needed to do was say something along the lines of "I believe that you and Lindsay were meant to be together." That's all. It could've been changed that easily. I mean, it's not like the religious overtone bothered me (Catholic), but the fact that it seemed out of character, and wasn't really necessary, bothered me.

14. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

I'm rather surprised that as many people have complained about the 'God' reference, I thought this was compulsory in North American TV programmes, well most of the ones I've watched anyway. I always said I didn't need to go to church again, as I had watched all of Sue Thomas F B Eye and the first two seasons of The District. No priest could be quite as preachy as those two shows were.

15. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I just re-watched the episode with my mom. I stand corrected about my initial comments regarding the 'kiss' at the end of the episode - I must have turned away and missed the first kiss outside the clerk's office, only catching the half-assed one a few moments later.

My mom was like, 'Don't people need a blood test to get married anymore?' :lol: I know other people have pointed that out, but it just amused me to hear my mom say it.

She also pointed out the lack of hugs for Adam. I *heart* my mom. :lol:

(Sheldon's little handshake/hug thing - or whatever it is men do - was cute, but it wasn't a real manhug. Apparently Danny and Lindsay are the only ones who warrant true hugs on this show. *makes unhappy face*)

My mom guessed that Bobby - that is to say Felix - was involved early on. She's not usually the quickest to catch on (not to insult her, just that she doesn't usually guess what's going to happen), so I guess it must have been pretty obvious. (Having read the spoilers, nothing was a surprise for me - it kind of sucks.)

I was like, 'It's a shame that they had Bobby in the episode and didn't even get him shirtless. Why couldn't he have been taking a shower when the house collapsed?' :devil: