Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Also interesting is that PL mentioned someone was 'targeted.' It could be simply in the course of the crime in progress, or mebbe it does actually mean there was a deliberate and specific target in one of the team. It would be more interesting if it were a deliberate targeting, but given it happens in the first ten minutes it kinda sounds like it could be someone getting caught in the middle of things.

It would be temporary, but I think tying the aftermath into a cliffhanger would lead to the first handful of eps in S6 to have a generic curiousity factor, regardless of how avidly or casually one follows the show.

I tend to agree that this is not a top down imposition, but a contract running to a close or an actor moving on.

As for Emmanuelle, I thought I saw within the last month or two a clip on ET with her behind the scenes on set, wherein she expressed her delight at being a part of the show no matter how big or small the involvement, and essentially said she'd be happy to be on it for as long as they'd have her...

That point about Hawkes is a very good one in my mind. Sadly.

As far as Angell, I for some reason just don't have the feeling she's gonna be the one to go. Again, a guest actor, not a part of the main cast, and the Greek storyline is said to be wrapped up prior. Well, I hope that might be true anyways, as I like her, and thing she adds to the show when she's a part of it.

I don't want it to be Hawkes or Angell. *sigh*

And yep, there's just too little info, and you know we're only gonna be carefully doled out wee little tidbits to keep us talking and interested.

Bastards. :lol:

A contract can be renegotiated, if both parties agree. A contract can have clauses and options, ie. four years with an option to renew or extend, or an option to renegotiate within a certain framework at a point within it, etc. It can have riders added to it. There's also the agreements between the unions and the studios too though. I get the impression trying to 'get out' of anything in mid-contract, where one party wanted to and the other didn't, would be more of a hassle than is worth, if that's an issue at all. I think it must be more in the vein of an end of, non-renewal, or mutual agreement.

But who knows. :p

As far as how it affects the show, I'm still thinking Lindsay or Hawkes. But the more points people put forward, the harder it is to really feel confident in a prediction like that. :lol:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  2. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I don't think it's Mac, Stella, Danny, Flack Adam or Sid. I know Gary recently signed a contract to stay on the show till 2011, and though contracts can be renegotiated, I'm sure we would know by now if he had other things planned or wanted to leave. Plus, with Grissom leaving Vegas, Horatio's life hanging in the balance at the end of Miami's s6, and Mac's life being 'in danger' in the last finale, I really don't think it's him.
    Same goes for AJ Buckley, who I believe recently signed a contract to stay until 2014, and didn't Robert Joy recently sign one too? Plus, Adam and Sid have only just been added to the 'line-up', so it really wouldn't be a 'major' change taking them off it. Gary, Melina and Carmine would be too big a change though, and as we've heard nothing about Melina and Carmine having other projects, I don't think either of them are going anywhere. Same for Eddie - he always seems so happy to be on the show, so excited about Flack, I just don't see him going anywhere for a while. And NY would not be NY without the snarkyness of Flack!

So that leaves Hawkes, Angell, and Lindsay.

I can see Hill wanting to leave because I know he has a lot of other things going on.

Angell - if the actress has other offers coming up, I can see her wanting to leave. Plus, she's connected to the Greek guy thing. What better to galvanise the entire team into getting Diakos than one of their own getting killed as a result of her involvement in his case? They did a very similar storyline with Aiden, and if someone's going to die on the Diakos case, I really doubt it would be Stella,so that leaves Angell. She is the bait, after all.

Lindsay - well, the character has had practically no development, and I'm guessing Anna may want to spend some more time with her family now she has two very young children, to take a break (having babies and filming a series like NY has gotta be tiring!) and maybe move onto something that's better suited to her skills as an actress. Lindsay's been given little more than the 'love interest' role lately, there's not been much decent development beyond her relationship with Danny. It could be a really interesting story for Danny if Lindsay dies, regardless of what would happen to the baby, I think it would really develop his relationships with Mac and Stella and Flack. And I likes me some angsty Danny, preferably with his glasses back, please.

All this said, I wouldn't put it past TPTB to be exaggerating and for the one who dies to be Sinclair/Gerrard/Gillian who gets killed. If it's one of the 'main line up' though, my money's on Angell. She's not in the main credits, but she's a big part of the show, especially given the new development in her relationship with Flack. She's in a lot of episodes.

3. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

I voted Lindsay, but I'm considering the whole Hawkes thing now. Hill Harper does have a lot on his plate and its possible that he'd like to work on other projects now.

Sure, Lindsay's only development this season was in her uterus, but just how much could they write given the fact that birth is a contingent thing. You can't totally plan when a baby wants out. ;)

Hawkes, on the other hand, was given that hard drive before the show went on a small hiatus at the beginning of this season. Right? I don't remember, but I think. :lol:

Anyway, given the continuance of lack of attention from the writers, he's been given very little in the way of development. Sad to say that I know more about Sid and Adam than I do about Hawkes. :eek: Think of how they just left us hanging with the whole non-conclusion of the Kara storyline. They dropped the ball there and... What?

So, I'm opening myself to the possibility that it would be Hill Harper departing. :censored:

Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
  4. dannys_gal_uk

dannys_gal_uk Civilian

Hi everyone, I am new here so please go easy on me!!

Ok, so I’m not going to be so bold as to say that certain characters are ‘safe’, well maybe Mac is an exception, I just don’t see a ex-Marine being killed by some ‘kidnappers-turned-cop-killers’. Here’s why I don’t think anyone is safe…

Stella - One of the Producers/Writers stated that something ‘big’ would happen to Stella in the season finale, maybe the Greek Coin thing will be the end of her… or her career. I live in the UK, so we have just seen Lindsay tell Danny she is pregnant, so we haven’t seen the 'Greek' story yet.

Danny – It could be Danny as I remember reading an interview of Carmine about the pregnancy storyline in which he didn’t seem, in my opinion (of course, it’s hard to tell someone’s true meaning when you don’t actually hear the way the say it), too happy with where the producers/writers were taking his character, especially in Season 3 when he was chasing after Lindsay like a lost puppy. I hope I’m not the only one who thinks this – but that’s so not Danny! So, maybe, Carmine didn’t think that making Danny a husband and father was where he wanted to go with the character that he practically established.

Lindsay – I think that Anna has the most personal reasons for leaving the show. She has a young, growing family and her priorities may have changed and she was just riding out this storyline for the shock factor. In saying that, if Lindsay is the one to die, I will stop watching the show! How predictable and cliché can you get??? Getting pregnant, getting married, getting killed? Plus, I think we have seen enough Danny Angst for a few seasons! First season, taken of the promotion grid for not obeying orders from Mac. Second season with the whole Tanglewood/Louie drama. Third season pining over Lindsay. Fourth season Rueben/Rikki. Please lets give poor Danny a break!

Flack – The ‘turned-cop-killer’ bit says to me that Flack might be the one to go. Or if Angell is working undercover on the Greek Coin case with Stella, maybe he plays hero and comes to her rescue only to be killed for his efforts...

Sheldon – Like I said before, I live in the UK, but I know he has become some kind of ambassador for politics! And good for him! So, he also has personal reasons for leaving… Plus he is an extremely underused character in my opinion. The biggest storyline he has had in 5 seasons was being framed, oh and the girl that was killed and not telling Mac he knew her. Although, from what I have heard, he has something good coming up! So, I know a lot of people like Hawkes (I personally like all the NY characters) he may not be missed as much as some others *ducks from eggs being thrown*.

Adam – Ok, I take back that only Mac is safe! Adam is such an eccentric, funny and original character that it makes no sense killing him off, plus I heard that last year (?) AJ signed a 5 year (?) contract.

Sid – Ok, he is possibly safe too, he’s hardly ever in the field!

Angell – I’ll tie this in with Flack and say that maybe she gets in trouble with the undercover thing. Also, it would make a good ‘Flack Gets Revenge’ storyline! Or she could be in trouble for seeing this through and be fired.

So there you go, my take on the who’s going to pop their cloggs in the finale! Of course, they didn’t specifically say that someone would die, they just said lose a member of the family… BTW, I voted for Stella!

XOXO

5. Impala1990

Impala1990 Victim

:eek: i cant believe this, i have no idea who will be killed off if its adam i shall be doing this :scream:. if i had to choose somebody it would have to be lindsay, i just feel there has been no character development, its as if she is just in the show as a love interest for danny. plus with anna having a baby she could be wanting to spend more time with her family. however everybody has mentioned good reasons for hill and emanualle being killed off. i guess we all have to wait and see.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

My only problem with your theory is that we have no evidence to suggest that Angell has anything to do with Mac's order to Stella about dropping the Diakos thing. First of all, I doubt that she'd be fired for it. Second of all, there's a possibility that Stella didn't even mention it so that Jess wouldn't be able to talk her out of it since she was given a direct order to stay away from Diakos. (Can you tell that I'm in IT IS NOT ANGELL denial?)

7. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

The following is a quote of my latest post over in the "CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps" thread.
    Since it pertains to the topic of this thread, I thought I'd post a quote of it in this thread.

8. dannys_gal_uk

dannys_gal_uk Civilian

Fair point! But as I said, I am in the UK. We have just seen Lindsay tell Danny that she is pregnant so I don't know what is going on with Angell being undercover... all we have seen was Stella in the embassy over a coin that was discovered and I'm not even sure if that is the start of this story, so I am confused over some of the posts!!!

I know where you're coming from though! And I don't want ANYONE to go!!! :(

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*laughs* Well, I guess I can't complain about something you haven't seen, huh?

I suppose that since I haven't made one of these lists, I should:

MAC: Not going to happen. It's just not.
    STELLA: Most likely not going to happen. She's pretty important to the show. Plus, without her, how would we get a Weekly Greek Sentence? (joking)
    FLACK: It probably won't happen. There would be a revolt if it was Flack. He's half of the humor.
    LINDSAY: Possible. Probable, IMO. AB is the one most likely to want to leave the show, and there would be a good storyline if she was killed off. THere's plenty of time for Danny and Lindsay to struggle to be parents in the two episodes that they are.
    HAWKES: Possible. Hill might want to go on to other things, especially since he has little screentime.
    DANNY: Possible, since it would cause drama, but not at all probable.
    SID: Yeah, he's in no way a cop. And rarely out in the field.
    ADAM: Possible, not probably. He's 25% of the humor, plus he's awesome and the group that wouldn't be revolting if Flack died would revolt here.
    ANGELL: Possible, but she's not a main character. Plus, since the Greek storyline ends before the finale, she's not in any more danger than the rest of them.

10. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, I'd be mad if they killed off Flack, but I'd quit watching if they killed off Adam. :lol:

However, I really don't think it'll be either of them.

I have a feeling though that if it's anyone in the opening credits and not Angell, that Angell could take their place. Think about it this way, Flack and Angell are in a relationship which can break fraternization rules being they're both cops. So, if Flack and Angell both live and lets say for arguments sake that they kill off either Linds or Hawkes, Angell could decide to become a CSI, so there would be at least some distance between her and Flack and they can stay together. :shrugs: I really have no clue. But, there have been some foreshadowing moments with Hawkes and Stella as well. I doubt it's Stella though. I honestly just don't think they'd go there and I don't think Melina has said anything about wanting off the show.

11. nikirex

nikirex Hit and Run

I thought that it will be Lindsay, but now after the yesterdays's epi I've changed my mind. I don't know why, but during the episode, the D/L scenes i had a feeling that it will be Danny. The whole thing was really like in Silk Stalkings. I don't know but I have this strong feeling.

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Last night my husband (who rarely watches the show) saw it with me. I had told him that someone would die in the season finale and when he saw the wedding he was like "that's so cheap, one of them is the one that's dying, most probably her." I just laughed and told him she was actually the poll winner as of that moment.:lol:

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, after seeing how everything last night was so happy, happy, joy, joy for Danny and Lindsay, I think that something could definitely happen to rock that boat.

Someone I know pointed out that it was interesting that Mac brought up Claire in a conversation about Lindsay to Danny, urging him to face his fears so he doesn't have to regret it if something happens down the road. Foreshadowing perhaps?

14. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

I have to say, my first thought during that scene was one of possible foreshadowing. I'm hoping not, but it would certainly make for a very dramatic and heartbreaking episode. :(

15. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I didn't even think of that. I was more focused on how Mac talked about God bringing the 2 of them together, but now that you mention it....dun dun dunnnnnn. Yup, I can see that more clearly now!