Grade 'Green Piece'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 11, 2009.

?

How would you grade Green Piece?

1. A+

27 vote(s)
    35.1%
  2. A

18 vote(s)
    23.4%
  3. A-

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    11.7%
  6. B-

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  7. C+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. C

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  9. C-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

1 vote(s)
    1.3%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

4 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

First CSI: NY episode of March sweeps (that sounds weird, but that's what it is this year!). Watch and let us know what you thought! :cool:

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

If it hasn't aired where you are and you don't wanna be spoiled tonight better stop here..

Wow. That was actually considerably better than I thought it was gonna be.

First of all, I love that it started with Adam and I thought it was pretty sweet how many people had a separate scene throughout the show just to wish Adam well. Really supports what we know about Adam, and how well loved he is not only by the fans but within the diegesis, among his peers. The scene he shared with Sheldon I thought was especially adorkable, but I can’t believe Adam actually believed Sheldon for a moment when he teased him about his potential involvement in the bombing! Silly Adam, you’re too clever to be that gullible! Finishing off their little banter with a well delivered “I love ya, brother.” truly made my day!

I just really hope they’re not playing Sheldon up now because we’re going to say goodbye to him. T_T

The case, though not exactly a brainteaser by the end, was one of the more interesting I think I've seen this season. Some poignant issues are talked about, although as per usual, not entirely fleshed out.

Danny and Lindsay share a scene early on, while she's explaining about being stuck in the lab, but when they reach the elevator to part ways they actually share what is, in my opinion, probably one of the best scenes they've ever had. Lindsay mentions her anticipation of going home to see her mother and they offhandedly discuss the sex of the child. They part with smiles after Danny assures her that if its a girl he'll innately be an over protective father. It's casual and cute, and I've always thought that if Messer is to have a daughter he ought to know better than most just which boys to watch out for.

Later in Mac's office though, the topic leans toward Danny and Lindsay's relationship and suddenly I was a little put off. Did Mac really just compare Lindsay to Claire? And Danny, as I'd have suspected of his character doesn't really seem certain that he wants to marry Lindsay. He says he loves her and I believe him. I'm sure he loves her. I love my dog, but I assure you it's purely platonic, and my concerns here are brought to light when he outright says he just "doesn't want to disappoint." Poor Danny. Always so confused. Guilting over letting someone down isn't exactly a good way to decide on marriage.

Mac’s comparing Lindsay to Claire does however strike a cord with me in light of these recent spoilers about losing a team member. That parallel he drew might make a lot more sense if we lose Lindsay this season.

Danny however doesn't seem to be the only one a little mixed up about all this. Mac comparing their situation to his and Claire's doesn't seem to draw an apt parallel to me, and Mac's "advice" doesn't serve any purpose other than scaring the crap right out of Messer! He talks a lot about regret, and what he might have regretted had he not married Claire which seems to solidify in Danny's mind that if he doesn't give this thing a go he's gonna regret it forever. If Danny wasn’t mixed up before he sure is now, boy!

By the end the show devotes an entire 3 minutes to the wedding scene, which is then cut with that montage that they released on the web a couple weeks ago. It’s kind of a cop out. No one actually had to write write 3 whole minutes of a Danny/Lindsay wedding, so the actual wedding scene probably lasts a minute, but there are some seriously choice lines in this scene that actually made me like it a LOT more than I thought I would...

First, Danny outright confesses that he's not the guy she wants but "I can be the man you want me to be!" FINALLY, something I'd have expected of Danny. It's been a long while since he's acted like the guy I used to know. His remarks here make it pretty clear to me that he knows they're not exactly in the right place to be getting hitched, but he's holding out hope that if they try hard enough they can turn each other into the people they really want to be with. The only line that doesn't exactly follow suit here is when he says "you and me, we make sense." All I can think is; sure, in your cluttered little head Messer.

Furthermore, as they step inside to see Stella and Mac waiting for them with open arms Lindsay mutters, "What if I'd said no?" Good, question. It's on everyone else’s mind and it doesn't bode well to me that the bride thought it up just as quickly as the audience does.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2009
  3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

I thought God didn't approve of premarital sex, so how could he have brought Danny and Lindsay together? :p :shifty:

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Typed as I watch, as usual. :) (Then I want to go back and read roximonoxide's post.)

~ Adam, you are a dork and I love you. :D

~ YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO BLOW UP MY BABY! THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

~ Aww, Adam, you're such a hero. *pet pet*

~ BOBBY!!!!11!1!!!!!!!

~ The idea of Adam dragging a guy as big as Bobby out of the debris is kind of funny. ;)

~ Aww, Sheldon totally cradled Adam's head in his hand. :adore:

~ I love when Sheldon plays doctor. He's such a good guy.

~ Oh Bobby, playing a straight man, tsk tsk. ;)

~ Anna is very pregnant.

~ Oh Danny, between you and Uncle Donnie, if that baby is a girl, she's going to have a harder time dating than Angell did as a teenager. ;)

~ Sheldon has a gizmo.

~ Uh oh, Danny found a body. Dun dun duuuuuun.

~ What's with that poor actress and dying from bombs on CSI shows? (She was the victim in "Bombshell" on Miami earlier this season.)

~ Sid, you are horrible. :lol:

~ Oh, Bobby. :( (I teared up even though I knew what was going to happen.)

~ Aww, Sheldon appreciates Adam. ^_^

~ Flack don't have time for your bullshit, son. :mad:

~ Felix's granny house was the target.

~ Show the Adam!woobie again, plzthanx. He needs cuddles.

~ Please speak more clearly, Bobby.

~ Haha, Adam. "What up?" :lol:

~ Yes, Adam, you're a hero. *pet pet* :p

~ Oh, that's just mean - Adam comes back to work and Sheldon immediately gives him tedious work to do. Tsk tsk. :p (But my inner slasher loved the "love ya, brother" line, or whatever it was Sheldon said. ;))

~ WTF music? :wtf:

~ Aww, everybody loves Adam. And yet there are no hugs. :(

~ LOL, Adam you dork. (I bet third-grade Adam was so adorable. *smish*)

~ Mac/Danny bonding moment. And yet there are no hugs. :(

~ Oh Bobby, why you gotta be a bad guy? :(

~ Mac has no patience for your methods, dumbass.

~ LOL, so romantic, that giant 'Wedding Ceremonies $25' :lol:

~ "Let's take that leap" - where's Fonzie with the waterskis? ;)

~ HAHAHAHAHAHAHA CORNY MONTAGE *chortles*

~ The flashback kiss that never aired was more of a 'kiss' than right before they went in to get married. :wtf: Do they have something against kissing now?

Preview: OH EM GEE, Y'ALL, ASHLEE SIMPSON AND PETE WENTZ I'M SO EXCITED!!1! :rolleyes:

5. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Yah.. I could have done without Mac's little sermon. It figures though that the ultra-conservative amongst them would be the one to bring God into it. Bad advice, Mac. Bad advice.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

-Adam. Is a goalie. And such a high school boy with the "car!". I do that all of the time, especially when my cousins and I are riding bikes down the middle of the street. :lol:
    -ADAM! He got blasted, man.
    -Technically, Adam got the pre-credit line with "I got it".
    -I love the post-explosion sound trick. they did it on Criminal Minds, and it was awesome then, too.
    -Super!Adam
    -What the heck's with the video-taping?
    -Skepticism. CSI doesn't like the FBI. Hee. The want the be the only tri-initial group.
    -"Douchebag." :lol:
    -*mutes during D/L scene* What? I did like "If it is a girl, no guy's going to get close enough to get her pregnant" (I do have closed captioning)
    -It's scenes like these that make me not want to be a CSI.
    -I kind of hope this isn't terrorism.
    -I thought Danny said "Doc". Damn those too-similar names. :lol:
    -Commercials are annoying. "We're making a playhouse!" Ah, shut-up and put Adam back on.
    -I bet ya she was dead before the blast.
    -Wow, did you know that Lindsay is from Montana?
    -Although I do like Sid joking that he just wants the time off.
    -Aw, daughter. "Based on his reaction, I believe him." Stella, it's phrases like that that make people automatically guilty. Don't do that.
    -Hee. Hawkes appreciates Adam. (Don't go there, gutter people! :shifty:)
    -Is it a circle? Is it a circle? Or a chainsaw? (I didn't even see it.)
    -Dude. No one calls Flack a pig.
    -I'm white, but I still shivered at the "White or black?" question.
    -Uh... where exactly is Adam?
    -"Felix Redman's house was the target." Well, duh.
    -Don't forget, kids: recycling is evil. (Smirk)
    -Guy be hiding something.
    -Adam!
    -"Did you?" I love Adam's look of "uh...."
    -New York's most eligible bachelor? I thought Fay called you, Adam?
    -"Teddy Mayhem" Oh, that's subtle.
    -My guess: He wasn't really recycling.
    -I like the trick, no matter how much I dislike the trickster's methods.
    -"I'm not perspiring, but..." Hee.
    -"The only thing I could get is when I got pinged in the head in dodgeball in the third grade..." I love how Stella just kinda shrugs.
    -"It's just good you came back." Aw. We all love Adam.
    -I love that Mac doesn't even have to ask.
    -"Is she right?" "I don't know, Mac." Isn't that... not a good thing?
    -Dude, Mac just said that god brought Danny and Lindsay together. Conspiracy! Mac knows that the writers exist! Oh, wait, did he mean Godgod?
    -My guess is that Allison's group was targeting her father, and she tried to save him. Maybe they thought he wasn't actually recycling. Or maybe he actually wasn't.
    -"Nothing personal. Just doing my duty. As one of God's creatures." Hee.
    -"Eight dollars a day to breathe in certain death." :(
    -I love that Allison wasn't a bad guy, or really involved in the bombing. At least, not intentionally.
    -Mac's people beat Teddy's people. Every time.
    -"You and me? We make sense." Reeeeeeally now.
    -"You got a money order?" It would've been great if he had said no.
    -"What if I had said no?" "Not a chance." See? Stella knows you better than you, Linds.
    -Oh my freaking God. I thought we all agreed on no cheese?
    -*laughs* Anyone that hasn't seen the spoilers has no idea where that one kiss came from.
    -Eh. At least it's over with. And Lindsay didn't just see the sign and go "Oo! 25$ for weddings! Yes, Danny, I will marry you!"

I give this episode a B. I liked the episode in general, but not enough Adam, and the ending was kind of lame. But, on the bright side, at least we didn't have to watch the ceremony.

NEXT WEEK: Bullets out of door! Heroin out of human! :)wtf:)

ETA:
    Hee! So so true. And hilarious, since Angell had four older brothers, and a cop father. Danny and Don together would definitely equal that. :lol:

7. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

Adam plays roller hockey???? I love him a million times more....ADAM is the GOALIE??? Okay, I love him a billion times more now!! :D He should have kept his facemask on though, so he wouldn't have gotten cuts all over that pretty face ;) I was kind of annoyed that he didn't show up until a half hour into the episode after the explosion scene, though...

The case itself was okay. I hadn't read the spoilers for the episode before hand so I did actually fall for the Neo-Nazi guy maybe being the killer. Was it my imagination though, or did Stella seem more pissed at the dad (I forgot his name) who was selling the old computers to that place in China than Mac was at the guy for actually killing the girl and trying to kill her father too? I don't know why, but that who interrogation scene did kind of bug me.

But the last five minutes really annoyed the crap out of me, almost to the point that I turned off the tv. Really? Marriage? I knew it was going to happen from the spoilers, but I kept hoping that it wasn't true. It just really annoys me that earlier in the episode Danny is unsure that he is even marrying Lindsay because he loves her or just because she is pregnant, and then he decides that he is just afraid of disapointing her by marrying her....well wasn't he the one that SUGGESTED it in the first place? The fact that his little talk with Mac was all he needed, and he didn't even discuss with Lindsay getting married until he had dragged her to the courthouse door. UGH. These two have NO communication skills WHATSOEVER.

A D/L MUSIC VIDEO at the end of an EPISODE??? REALLY? :headdesk:

Overall....B i guess. If I ignore the last five minutes...

8. csiwendy07

csiwendy07 Dead on Arrival

I absolutely loved tonight's episode! I thought the D/L scene's were perfect, and the ending was so sweet! I'm really going to hate to see who they kill off. I don't want to see any of them go. :[

9. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

Oh, you have cheered me up immensely with that. :lol:

Mac's whole speech had me raising my eyebrow...but that line definitely reminded me what station I was watching :rolleyes:

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Well, I'm on Spring Break and my mom was watching it with me (she does not follow the show, I had to explain to her that Mac's died on 9/11) and after the wedding/montage thing she was like 'awwww' but it was pretty much what we had already seen.

It was a pretty good episode though, I didn't see the fact that the recycling plant shipped their stuff to China coming until Stella found the pictures.

11. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Not a bad episode.

-too much Adam for me but guess they are giving some viewers what they want
    -too little Flack for me
    -did Flack really call someone a douche-bag? I'm not sure I like Flack saying stuff like that....
    -yay for no Angell again
    -poor Mac with his convo with Danny and saying how he missed all that with Claire *hug*
    -Lindsay (Anna) looks absolutely beautiful pregnant!
    -yay for a D/L wedding! Loved the D/L montage, so sweet! They do make a cute couple!
    -why again was Flack not there with D/L and why has he not yet said anything to his friend Danny about it? :confused:

Gave it a B.

12. Sam-Maddy

Sam-Maddy Rookie

:lol:

I really enjoyed this eppie. I loved Adam playing hockey in the beginning. It's great to see him outside of school. I liked that they moved for the car. Where I grew up a lot times the hockey players would stand in the middle of the street and make the cars drive around them.

I kinda figured the white supremacist was a red herring, but I wasn't expecting the dad to be illegally sending stuff to Asia to be disposed of. Interesting twist with the daughter being part of the environmental group.

I'm not a big fan of Dan and Lindsay, but I really enjoyed the ending. It was sweet, but I hope that it

Anyone else wonder if Ashlee Simpson will be lip synching her performance next week?

I'm kinda tired of the stunt casting. I'd much rather have more screen time for the regulars and recurring cast members than all the celebrities they seem to be parading around these days.

13. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Outside of school? :confused:

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I liked tonight's episode, even the "romantic" ending. So sweet

What I loved~~

~Adam is a hero YAY! :thumbsup:
    ~Flack asking Mac & Stella if they are going to speak Chinese :lol:
    ~Stella doing math in her head...damn I didn't even remember all of that :lol:
    ~Flack saying douchebag :guffaw:
    ~Sheldon & Adam...I love ya man...ah bromance at it's best :drool:
    ~Danny being protective of his baby's momma :thumbsup:
    ~Danny saying that if they have a girl that no one will be able to be around her to be pregnant. HA HA...my daughter has six uncles and one in the Army...ain't no one coming near her :lol:

~Mac & Danny bonding moment. Almost brought a tear to my eye.
    ~Surprise...MARRY ME
    ~Stella holding a bouquet of flowers...ahhh...my shipper heart is thinking other reasons why she is holding those flowers...and not because Lindsay's getting married.

~Danny & Lindsay got married, how sweet. Now when will the Messer baby be here?

Next week--I am not crazy for Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, her sister annoys me and so does she. Nonetheless, I will still watch to see Flack in all his awesomeness

15. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Overall I thought it was a pretty decent episode.

Adam is a roller hockey goalie. That is so awesome :D
    I love that he was the hero too, he suits the role very well.

The storyline was fairly interesting, with the whole dad/daughter thing. But I thought that the show moved through the first part of the investigation slow and then all of a sudden they had everything and it was over. Or maybe it's because I was writing a lab report while watching it, but whatever. Interesting that the daughter turned out to be "working" against the dad.

How convienient that we were just talking about Neo-Nazi's in my Sociology class today, and then it's in the episode? Good timing on my teacher's part :lol:

The Danny and Lindsay scenes were cute. And Danny talking to Mac about it was nice, although I could have been fine without Mac's little speech. But him talking about Claire was sweet. :)