EDeN (Eric/Natalia) #2: All about chemistry & forbidden fruit!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mjszud, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Flipper! :lol: I would so love to hear her call him that on the show. His reaction would be priceless. It'd also be funny if she called him "merman". :lol:

2. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*snickers* That would have been hilarious! I wish they cut to Eric when she said that 'cause I'm sure he would have had that famous smirk on his face... though he might take offense to being called merman. Hey, think Eric should give Natalia a nickname? I can't think up of a good one 'cause we don't know so much about her, though I did come up with Five Spice Boa Vista a little while ago... MJ knows what I'm talking about. So, any ideas?

So I was looking at the episode review and I came across this...

Well at least EDeN's relationship is being acknowledged... it's a step in the right direction. *pokes TPTB*

3. mjszud

mjszud Captain

He called her 'Talia several times when they were together. Quite honestly if he gave her some cutsey nickname I'd have to barf. No "Muffin" or "Peanut" please....unless he was clearly saying it as a joke then I could handle that! :lol:
    But I do like the idea of him calling her '5-Spice'...I don't think she'd be at all offended. ;)

Yes, I read it as well. As much as Im very happy that people are starting to see the compassionate side of Natalia, & acknowledging that she has a deep frindship with Eric; there is still some suspicion that lies with me, & it all goes back to the question - what is the point?
    What exactly is the point in putting 2 people together intimately for the sole purpose of them later developing a good friendship & nothing else!?!
    I still suspect that we haven't seen the end of EDeN - there is too much there, in my opinion.
    I see them as that "once was" romantic couple who will keep developing a deeper relationship so that when it's time for a reunion, their foundation will be even stronger.....**ahem** 'cause we know they don't need help in the attraction & passion department.

4. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

5-Spice? *chuckle* Did I miss something? I mean, that's cute... but did he call her that in an episode that I don't recall/haven't seen?

I thought Natalia was a freaking rockstar in 7x16, defending Eric against those INS creeps! Truly a shining moment for her character.

What's the point? Well... maybe they're trying to show that inter-office relationships happen, and when they end, the ex-couple can still work together amicably. Or maybe because... sometimes it happens in real life. Sometimes people get together, get along, have chemistry, but simply don't turn out to be "long term material". I have personal experience in this matter. I was with a guy for a while (he's a good person, cute too), but I wasn't in love with him. We split, but we're still friends. Best friends, in fact.

I also saw someone say (maybe in this thread, maybe in the "we dislike E/C" thread, can't recall): sometimes chemistry between characters can't be helped. Maybe the writers never intended for Natalia and Eric to get together, but the two characters had such great chemistry that it had to be addressed. Perhaps they were put together and broken up to show that the characters acted on the chemistry that the audience could tell was there, but then were broken up because it wasn't part of the overall, long-term plan for the show.

Now, I'm not saying that this is necessarily "the point" of Eric and Natalia. It might turn out to be "more" later on (and I'd be OK with that... I'm a fan of this ship, though admittedly to a lesser extent than I am for E/C). I'm also not saying that these are what I want the point to be. Just saying... this might be what the writers had in mind.

5. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I don't think she'll be offended too 'cause when you think of it, she's a little firecracker and spicy is probably appropriate for describing her attitude towards Eric.

I wish... MJ and I were talking a while back about how little back story Natalia had so we tried to figure out her background. MJ came up with the nickname and it stuck because it was totally exotic and very indicative of Eva's multiracial background. Not to mention that Natalia strikes me as the kind of person with an interesting and unusual back story.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

In real life it does happen, I agree. However, when it comes to a television show that is supposed to be like a whole story then I tend to question it's purpose. I think in every storyarc we've been able to see along the way where & why it was there, even if it didn't make sense at the time.
    Take H/Marisol for instance. At the time I did a doubletake & wondered what on God's green earth was the reason for this. Now, I can see what the intention was all along - she was his wife, she was killed, & it all happened to further bring out the dark side of H's character.
    Hagen/Calleigh: Thier love story (if you want to call it that :lol:) ended in tragedy & pushed some development into Calleigh's character in how she reacted to it & what it did to her. There was the point.
    So, I cannot honestly say that I whole-heartidly believe that there wasn't a much more siginificant reason for EDeN, & for still having them as close & protective of each other as they still are.
    Perhaps it is just me, but I can't possibly look at 2 people who were once intimate & not go hmmmmm when I still see how close they are...friends or not.

Yeah, we just decided to make her a little bit of everything since TPTB have kept it mum as to what her background is....though I'm thinking she's maybe Mexican? Ya know...Midori is a mexican product - Ryan asked her if she liked Mexican Wrestling & she said "is that a trick question". :confused: yeah, I didn't really get that either, but still I think she might be Mexican....if those were supposed to be any clues at all.

heehee... Exactly!! Sexy = Spicy, & that is sooo Natalia....& soooo EDeN. :p

7. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Hmm, maybe... I haven't really thought of it, but it would make sense. Maybe she has family in Mexico, like grandparents, aunts and uncles. *thinks it over* Or maybe she vacations in Mexico during the holidays... that's probably where she gets the Midori.

8. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

this kinda doesnt have anything to do with eric and nat but it has to do eva and adam so i thought i would ask it on here lol

i was just wonderin if anyone knew where i could see the vid of the on mtv mi trl thing! i wanna see the interview but i cant find it anywhere and was wonderin if anyone had a website where i can download it or if they could send it too me! thanks!

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hmmm, well Eric's new Daddy :rolleyes: is from New Mexico right? That'd be cool if there was a connection there.
    Watch tptb decide to be lame & when it does come out where she's from it'll be like freaking Utah or something! :lol:

Sorry, hon, I haven't been able to find it either - I have a few thumbnails of thier appearance but a video has been no where to be found. They looked like they were having a good time though. :)

10. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

o dear lord! i cant see her bein from utah!!! :lol: but watever lol and ive seen the screencaps so thats y i wanna watch it!!! i wanna see if they talk bout their relationship on the show at all. maybe itll pop up somewhere soon!!!!!

11. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

LOL I don't think she's from Utah, but I guess anything's possible :p

But I wonder what could possibly be next for these two? I'm curious to see how they'd get back together... if that's even an option anymore... It's obvious Eric and Natalia are still very close, evident in last week's episode, so obviously there's something there.
    Thoughts?

12. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

That would be so cool if she was from New Mexico... it would definitely be different from the other fictional Latinas 'cause they're usually from Texas or New York. I doubt that she's from Utah 'cause she doesn't have the accent to go with it. *pokes TPTB* Let's hope that they'll give us a little back story.

13. CSIFray

CSIFray Lab Technician

-skips in humming-
    So, what's all this chitchat about?
    I haven't kept up with CSI: Miami in forever.
    I don't watch much TV anymore. DX
    I should seriously start again.
    I've read a bit though Px

14. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Ok guys this thread is for chat about Eric and Natalia, so can we please try and stay on topic... Remember ALL posts MUST have atleast 3 lines of ontopic discussion.

Thanks,
    Steph.

15. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

how y'all doing?? its abit quiet here.. hmmm i just watched the "flight risk" episode.. did anyone here watch it?? well we got some EDeN atleast and the reaction of Natalia about E/you-know-who was amusing. So here's EDen and abit of Ryan vid from "flight risk".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.