Eva/Natalia #2: History Aside, She's Making a Good One!

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Boa_Vista_Fan, Jul 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Me too, she's a pleasure to watch on the screen :)
    Haha! There's a nice visual! *kick* Eric better watch out then! :p
    I've noticed that too (apart from him always calling her "ma'am" :lol:)... now it's more of H and Natalia because Eric is off with Calleigh. I don't mind the change much, they make a good team, and I think Horatio's experience balances with the fact that Nat is still learning how to be a full-fledged CSI.
    It'll definitely be interesting to see how she progresses into next season... Maybe she'll even head her own investigation on a case? Hmm...

2. luvryanwolfe

luvryanwolfe Hit and Run

I adore Eva also!! I hope we see her more:bolian: I love when her and Ryan work together and when she works with H.:)

3. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I was very skeptical when Eva first joined the cast, but I have really grown to appreciate her. I really enjoy her chemistry with David Caruso and love watching their characters interact.

I've been feeling for the last two seasons that the drastic change in Calleigh's character has been for a purpose. I have a feeling we might be thinking the same thing. ;)

I sincerely hope that you are right about seeing more of Natalia in the next season - and more Ryan and Frank as well. I think that the relationship between Natalia and Ryan is very interesting (in a friendship way) and watching Ryan and Frank interact is hysterical.

I get tired of all the animosity between Eric and Ryan. Natalia and Horatio have always been the most sympathetic to Ryan (and certainly Alexx when she was there) and I hope they are again there for him in Ryan's upcoming episode.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I alove Frank's interaction with anyone!! :lol:
    But with Nat, yeah, there's something very humorous about how they every once in a while butt heads, but in a good way.

I was never crazy about her chemistry with David until 'Internal Affairs'. The ending scene was very sweet, & it really showed a more personal bond between boss & employer. That isn't in terms of romance, btw.
    I just saw that as a breaking point of a friendship/respect that was a little more personal than just being co-workers. I like to think of Horatio being like her "big brother".

5. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

I agree with your assessment of the Horatio/Natalia relationship. Purely friendship. I really felt that Horatio was the only one who understood what Natalia was feeling when Nick died. She had loved him and there were good times. She was mouring the loss of that Nick and Horatio understood that and was there for her.

Eva and David did a wonderful job with that scene. That's why I would love to see them work together a little more.

6. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Okay! So who saw Natalia tonight? I thought how she reacted to the Feds taking Eric was very revealing about her character. She stood up for her friend, and I thought that was really loyal of her. Despite how he reacted to Nat's situation with the Feds back in S.4, she still stood up for him, and I think that says a lot about how she values her friendships. I, for one, was not expecting such a vehement reaction from her. It was nice to see. I don't doubt she would've reacted the same way for anyone else on the team.:thumbsup:

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

She was awesome last night!! I loved it! Pissed off, shocke, and worried....it was just great.
    She kinda cracked me up at the same time though, 'cause she's just this tiny little thing standing there with all these large men around her & it was her ready to jump all over them. :lol:
    Love her. Want to see more. :thumbsup:

8. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

So much word with both your posts.

After watching the episode herself, my mom told me how much ass Natalia kicked. So, of course, I had to see for myself. I saw only two scenes - the one where her and Ryan are hunting down the guy with the boat, and the one where she flips out on the Immigration guys when they go to take Eric away.

Can I just say how much I LOVE this side of Natalia? Between her being hilariously serious with suspects ("Say cheese." *click*) and getting herself almost arrested by other government employees, I might just have to start watching again if TPTB keep it up! WELL DONE on their writing for 'Talia this week!

9. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

Eva did a wonderful job. It's just one more example of why she shouldn't always be in the background. She has an exceptional contribution to make to this show. She just needs to be given the opportunity.

The same applies to Jonathon Togo and Rex Linn. But that's for another thread! ;)

I hope someone actually notices and does something about it!

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I went back a few pages and didn't see this interview posted; still, sorry if it already was. If not, enjoy :)

Eva LaRue

11. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Thanks for posting that interview, hiphugger17!
    She seems like a really cool person to talk to :cool:

Shame she only got her obligatory 2 scenes and 5 lines on Monday...
    I hate to keep saying that "oh well hopefully we'll see more next week", but I guess there's nothing else we can do... :rolleyes:

That's why watching season 4 reruns on A&E makes me happy :thumbsup:
    I don't like how she's cried a few times on the show (understandable in the situations, though), but she does convey that frustration, etc. very well. She really is a great actress, they should use her more!

12. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

yea i watch my dvds over and over again! i just love watchin her act! its not like wow they did a horible job with the actors or actresses on here! this is actually one of the best shows that has some of the best actors and actresses on there! and shes def in the top 3! :thumbsup: i just dont see why they dont use her more. it gets aggravatin. but maybe theyre just savin her for another season and really just opens up the story behind her or something! i hope for that any way! :)

13. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Me too. I can't for the life of me understand the point in keeping her to be part of the main cast just to throw her in the backseat. :rolleyes:
    I'm a little convinced that TPTB are just taking this "downtime" to ease her into being a full CSI. Sometimes personal arcs can make the viewers look too far into the personal life & not see how they "work" - perhaps this is what they want the viewers to only see for right now - Natalia on the job, settling into her own skin.

Still, I don't think it's a good reason to completely have her pushed aside, but if the goal they're trying to achieve here is just to get Natalia established as an individual, compassionate & strong CSI, then I can ride with it (though I'll never forgive TPTB for poorly using her these past few seasons). As long as they do intend on later (meaning season 8!!) giving the poor girl some more juicy storylines & decent screentime.

14. Delynn

Delynn CSI Level One

But this would have been the perfect season for Natalia to step up! With Calleigh preoccupied with her traumas and love life - Natalia has been properly focused on the work.

Sometimes I think TPTB forget the "work". Natalia has stepped up in numerous areas in the past and is fully capable of stepping in when other team members are otherwise engaged.

They really do need to use this beautiful, very talented actress. I'd really hate to see her character being ignored result in Eva making a decision like Khandi and leave us. :(

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I wouldn't either, but Eva has numerous things to take into consideration if she chose to leave. She's a single Mom, & she was terrified when she quit All My Children & made the move to LA without a job. I couldn't see her quitting unless she already had something to move on to.
    & let me just tell you that if all this nonsence from the past 2 seasons makes her quit I will personally beat down the door to the writers room & let them have it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.