Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

You mean besides Mac right? Cause he looked at the contents too. Not that they would get rid of Gary Sinise. They built that show around him.

2. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I think there's a reason Mac is the only character to have zero votes in this poll. ;) But yes, besides Mac.

That could be the cliffhanger, actually. Hawkes gets killed and then the killer targets Mac, and the cliffhanger would be whether he or not he dies.

Not much of a cliffhanger given that Mac isn't going to die, but he is the lead, so it's probably safe to think the cliffhanger will involve him in some way. I hope they go for something a little more suspenseful, but it's definitely a possibility.

3. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It's odd that we've never seen her family. We had the perfect opportunity when she went to Montana for the trial. If she's going home to share her pregnancy with her family then one would think they would have been at the trial to support her but instead we see her only with Danny. Just another way for them to shove DL garbage in our face. It should have been the parents, not him.

As for the baby, doesn't matter if they were married or not but it's also not an issue since we know they get married. Even if they didn't marry, Danny is the father and a court ordered paternity test would prove that and get him custody of his child.

It sounds like a death to me, too. Especially when it says it will forever change the lineup. I dunno, that just sounds more like a death than somebody leaving. I don't think Lindsay dying would be too predictable either. Most people assume she's safe because of the spoilers we've heard but how many time to tptb give us spoilers and then they never pan out? I remember a ton of DL spoilers last year that never panned out. They made sure everybody knew about this pregnancy. Why didn't they try to keep that a secret? Wouldn't that have been better for the fans who thought the DL mess was over? :confused:

Nope, he wouldn't. Flack's not gonna share his kinkapoodle with anybody.

Would Flack really let anybody have a shot at Danny? At least not without paying a BIG price. :devil:

4. Top41

I agree, I don't think Lindsay's death would predictable either. The way things have been going for Danny and Lindsay, it's been all happy-happy-joy-joy. Yeah, I know that they're going to have some "struggles" with the newborn baby, but it's been smooth sailing otherwise. For Lindsay to get killed would be pretty shocking, I think.

True, probably not. Mac would have to be pretty sneaky about it. Maybe while Flack is distracted by a Ranger's game??? :eek: :lol:

5. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Well, that would depend. What did Lindsay pay him?

It's not going to be Mac. I mean, there's a slightslightslightslightslightslight chance, since Grissom did leave CSI, but Gary Sinise leaving would be so hyped up that we would've heard something by now.

I think that, especially since the Greek storyline will apparently be solved before the finale, and since it'll "change the lineup", the biggest choices are Lindsay and Hawkes. I'm leaning towards Lindsay because Anna has the biggest probability of wanting to leave (think Diane Farr and Numb3rs) and her death/departure would create the biggest number of storylines.

6. Top41

Lindsay didn't pay. Lindsay stole. :( Hence Flack's "You should piss Lindsay off more often comment." Flack doesn't like thieves. ;)

I will eat my shoe if it's Mac. :lol: It's not going to be Mac.

That's the way I'm leaning, too. I guess we'll see if more spoilers come out! I'll be curious to see if Ausiello or anyone else starts giving hints.

7. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

My other guess is that no one dies. Lindsay gets all huffy at Danny for some reason and leaves him, with the baby and moves back to Montana. That leaves Danny all wounded and angst ridden. We all saw how devestated he was when she turned him down the first time he asked her to marry him. Just imagine the drama if she dumps him after he finally thinks they're a proper family.

8. privatename

privatename Rookie

Top41 wrote:
    She would be crazy to want out of such a plum job. If I were her and I were given any kind of choice in the matter, I would stay until the bitter end. :lol:

Robin wrote:
    I think we have had quite enough of Lindsay getting huffy and making Danny dance to her very selfish tune. However, if it gets her off the show permanently then I could tolerate it -- hell, I would celebrate it -- happening again.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

If Lindsay decided to abandon Danny- after marrying him- I will scream and tell her to go hang out with Julia on Miami, because she would have to be bipolar.

I hate to say it, but we really can't rule out Sid and Adam based on them being added to the credits this year... Louise Lombard was added, and the vanished the next season. :wtf: They aren't likely due to the whole cop-thing, but the death doesn't necessarily need to be connected to that, really. (It doesn't necessarily need to be a death, really, either...)

10. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

It's possible that the writers or the highers ups want her out... Quite hard to make a character work when she's pooping out babies. :lol:

I personally like Monroe and I'd hope if their trying to push her out she fights to stay.

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I just noticed this in the spoilers, and I have to say that the way that's worded, it's probably Lindsay... "kidnappers-turned-cop killers" means, to me, that they were kidnappers, but in the process of trying to kidnap someone, ended up killing a cop. Lindsay is a detective... I mean, it is entirely possible that it could end up being Danny (lord, could you imagine?), but Lindsay is still the biggest choice for me.

12. MBGrissom

MBGrissom Pathologist

I tend to agree with the general trend here, that the most likely suspects are Hill, Anna or Emmanuelle.

I think this has more to do with an actor wanting to leave the show, and less to do with the writers/PTB wanting to kill someone off for a ratings boost, which would be temporary at best. But when an actor wants to leave, TPTB often take fullest advantage of it by killing them off, i.e. Rory Cochrane on Miami, Gary Dourdan on Vegas CSI, Sasha Alexander on NCIS, etc. I think someone wants out to pursue other interests, whether it's Anna and her children/home life, Hill and his many other public pursuits, Emmanuelle and her other offers floating in (and I suspect she always meant this to be a temp stint anyway, although I adore her character and would love to see her make a permanent go of it). I honestly don't think this is TPTB "trimming the fat" off the budget by killing off a cast member, I think someone has come to the end of their contract, and has opted not to renew. (Of course I could be very wrong, as sometimes is the case :lol:). Just my Spidey Sense on the subject.

As far as contracts go, the only two that I know for certain have recently signed contracts are Gary and AJ, haven't heard anything about anyone else. So I guess that means everyone but those two are fair game. ;) Seriously, I do think Hill, EV and Anna are the most likely, but I could also see Carmine wanting out, for some reason, too. And the suspense is killing me!!! :eek:

13. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I think Robert Joy signed his five year contract as well when he and AJ were made main characters, but I'm not entirely sure, so he should pretty much be protected as well.

In terms of characters, Hawkes, and Angell are the ones in the most danger at the moment. Hawkes has seen the info on the flash drive, and Angell is involved with the Greek storyline which could easily have negative consequences. Either one of them could be easily killed off in this sense-there is already a good set up for them to go out. In terms of actors, Hill Harper and Anna Belknap are the ones who could have been wanting out. The other actors (besides Emmanuelle) have either signed contracts or expressed their wanting to stay on the show and continue playing their characters, but Hill is involved in so many other things that have a greater respect for his talent, and Anna does have a new baby on the way and one at home and most likely would want to take a step back and raise them for a few years.

At this point, there really isn't much we can guess besides that it will be one of the three of them....unless we get any more info from the actors about how they are itching to start other projects or spend more time at home or something like that. :)

14. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

Does signing a contract really mean that the actors/sutdio can't get out? I mean, with good attorneys, and both sides being in agreement, I would imagine that anyone could get out of a contract.

This is driving me up a wall! I figure, by the time the ep actually airs, we will have what, 3, maybe 4 threads on this topic? SHEESH!!!

I am enjoying everyone's guesses, logic, and comments. I am just at a loss. The whole "cop-killer" thing has me thinking it won't be Sid or Adam. That's about it. That's as far as I can go...

15. Kemy

Kemy Dead on Arrival

That is exactly what I think. I have really no idea for more and cannot really imagine anything else - can't even imagine this, though - but the whole thing seems weird to me.
    It is interesting to read all the suggestions and ideas, and i must admit that there seems to be a reason for anybody's "dead".