"No Way Out" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Air Date: Thursday, March 12, 2009
    Time Slot: 9:00 PM-10:00 PM EST on CBS
    Episode Title: (#917) "No Way Out"

LANGSTON AND RILEY ARE TAKEN HOSTAGE WHEN A NORMALLY QUIET LAS VEGAS NEIGHBORHOOD BECOMES THE CENTER OF A CHAOTIC CRIME SCENE. - Langston and Riley are taken hostage during the aftermath of a shootout in an usually calm Las Vegas community.

Trivia: Pre-production title of Cold Rats.

SERIES REGULARS:
    Dr. Raymond Langston: Laurence Fishburne
    Catherine Willows: Marg Helgenberger
    Nick Stokes: George Eads
    Captain Jim Brass: Paul Guilfoyle
    Greg Sanders: Eric Szmanda
    Dr. Robbins: Robert David Hall
    David Phillips: David Berman
    Hodges: Wallace Langham
    Wendy Simms: Liz Vassey
    Riley Adams: Lauren Lee Smith

GUEST CAST:
    Frankie Kirkland: Denzel Whitaker
    Det. Sam Vega: Geoffrey Rivas
    Officer Mitchell: Larry Mitchell
    Reggie Hatcher: Michael J. Pagan
    Training Officer: Wiley Pickett
    Witness #1: James Kirayama-Lem
    Witness #2: Dana Barron
    Brian Morley: Rob Benedict
    Swat Lt. Jack Parker: Vincent Duvall
    Dr. Franks: Michael Bryan French

WRITTEN BY: Fulvia Charles-Lindsay
    DIRECTED BY: Alec Smight

THANKS TO: The Futon Critic

2. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

I personally cannot wait for this episode. I hope they don't do anything to dramatic to Greg, but I cannot wait to see him carry a gun. :)

3. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Me too, I am both nervous and excited about this one. The hostage situation, Greg with a gun.

4. Live4GrissNSara

Live4GrissNSara Lab Technician

As cliche as they are, I'm a huge fan of characters being Kidnapped/Held hostage/Buried Alive/Shot/Blown up/Trapped under cars/Framed/Beat up/Ect.

So yeah. I'm looking forward to this episode. This will probably be a good chance to boost the character developement of both Ray and Reily. I currently feel distant from both of these characters but there's nothing like a good old hostage bash to make me get attatched.
    Although, it does seem a bit soon to do the whole CSIs in danger thing. What are they going to do for the finale now?
    Maybe I'll mosey on over to the Spoiler thread.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  5. queenlynx

queenlynx Witness

What a coincedence, I am a big fan of "CSIs in danger" too (especially Grave Danger), but I think that this will just be minor. At least, I hope it is, just so there's more action for the season finale. Then again, there's been season finales that didn't have all of this danger stuff in them.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  6. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

Remember this spoiler from TV.Com?
    Well we have our Hostage situation with Riley and Ray in No Way Out instead, so seeing Greg carry a gun in the promo makes me wonder about the Greg spoiler part in this too. Maybe he has not passed the firearms test yet but he is carrying a gun nonetheless? Or something else like that.

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Nah, I don't think Greg would do that and being that the others are with him, I don't think they'd let him do that either. I think that spoiler was just incorrect. I mean, they had Hodges instead of Ray, so... plus the title is incorrect and the episode number. I also don't think him carrying a gun could end his career. I think maybe he'd be suspected for a week or something like that, but I honestly don't think it'd be enough to end his career.

8. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

We don't even know what the season finale for CSI is going to be. That episode is fake, so we can talking about the fake episode 'till the real episode come out in May. We may get Greg for season finale. We haven't got Greg seaon finale. We got Nick, Grissom, Catherine, Warrick, and Sara season finale, but not Greg season finale.

9. Nicksfriend

Nicksfriend Police Officer

I don't think anything will happen actually,those previews are always so dramatic and then the audience is let down. I would assume that because he is a CSI three he has to carry a gun...Even Grissom carried a gun,sometimes.He's already killed someone with a car,protecting the older man so I don't think he will kill anybody...maybe he goofs something up,the ctv promo said that there is a covert operation. Who knows?

10. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

I love eps where they are in danger because it shows me different sides of the actor.

I am hoping there is a Greg episode soon *crosses fingers*

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I loves the cliched "character in danger" episodes. Every story I write has a character in danger. I just like the concept of a character having a life-threatening situation, even if I know they'll get out of it, and even though it's done so much. I don't even know why I like them.

It's funny, because when I saw the promo the first thing I thought was "Ooh, we're breaking our new CSIs in early!"

12. Wasabi Power

Wasabi Power CSI Level One

I don't think this episode will be tooo greg centric, but him suddenly having gun in hand is new and intrigueing. I am guessing at some point all CSI's must pass a firearms exam (Natalia in Miami had to), but they don't necessarily have to carry a gun.

In relation to the whole "greg's career might end" thing: I don't think anyone would give Greg a gun if he wasn't qualified to use it, but if he DOES use it and messes up, he would be fired and whoever put him up to it would face consequences too.

I always thought about that part as: maybe Greg gets in a little graze, maybe permenantly injures himself (idk, a hand or something) and that puts his career in danger.

13. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

Wow, I saw the preview and Riley gets a beatin'. Poor girl. She just started the job. I wonder if she'll be thinking afterrwards, "This was not worth the trip to Vegas!"

I don't think Greg's going to get into any trouble. If he uses his gun, it will be to save someone.

14. csi_fan7

csi_fan7 Hit and Run

yeah i agree...but hopefully he will get more lines/airtime.*closes eyes and wishes*

15. JenAinslie

JenAinslie Police Officer

I think Greg ends up getting himself in trouble tho... in the promo on CTV tonight I was seeing Greg with a gun to his head I think... it was such a quick flash it was hard to tell but I'm sure it was Greg, gun to head or Greg with a gun to someone's head... EKK!