Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

They could definitely make a case for him being unfit, if he's running around without bulletproof vests and getting sued by suspects for police brutality. I think they'd have a case--I doubt they'd end up taking the baby in the end, but it could make for an interesting storyline...and more Danny drama.

Lindsay's death would open up a lot of great storylines and emotional twists for Danny--and that alone would be a great reason to off the character.

2. privatename

privatename Rookie

^ Trust me, I am all for it being Lindsay who is killed off/leaves the show. ;) It would be great for many reasons including the drama it would bring for Danny. Drama he would do a great job with. But, I guess depending on the state, it would be very difficult for grandparents to win custody of a child from the baby daddy unless he is seen as neglectful or abusive of the child. And if that were the case, the marriage between Danny and Lindsay would be irrelevant. Of course, this is fictional world -- so who knows what could happen -- nice wholesome family in Montana to get the baby away from the big bad city and Danny's crook, ummm or is that cop, family :)

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  3. Top41

^True, and I can't honestly see them actually taking the baby from Danny. I think they'd try though--maybe in their grief over losing their daughter, they'd blame Danny somehow. He is, after all, the sexy bad boy who knocked up their sweet little Montana girl. :rolleyes:

I do think it's interesting that we were told we'd be meeting Lindsay's family...and they're not showing up in the ep where she leaves to go home or the ep where she gives birth (as far as we can tell at this point). That could be a red flag--or it could be that they planned for it and aren't going to get around to it.

4. privatename

privatename Rookie

^Right, as if sweet innocent country-girl Lindsay wasn't the one who wanted sex on the pool table in the first place ;) Of course, I seriously doubt Lindsay would have shared that piece of information with her folks :lol:

I don't feel much need to meet her family. Of course, if we saw them at Lindsay's funeral I would be perfectly happy to get to know the Monroes.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, but we were also told that on Miami we'd be meeting some of Ryan's family in "Power Trip" and instead we go his sponsor and his sponsor's kid, no biological relation. That's not family, that's a friend and a friend's kid. :lol: Tptb don't always tell us the truth. :lol: They like to keep us guessing.

6. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

New to the NY threads, so just reading about the Big Finale Surprise or whatever now. I must say, not real happy. I am a big DL shipper, as well as Smacked and A/F so I'd much much much more prefer anyone other than those six people. I love Adam, Sid and Hawkes...? Eh, I couldn't ever get into them. So if I had to pick someone to leave, one of those two. I will not be happy if either Danny, Lindsay, Mac or Stella left. Although, like others have said, if a main actor was leaving the series, wouldn't we have heard about it by now? You can't tell me fans aren't infiltrating the studios. That happens all the time. How else would we get spoilers? (Nevermind from the studios themselves, lol)

7. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Well, it still happened even though it wouldn't have happened, so I'd be fine. :p But could we at least get some guys making out before Mac wakes up? TPTB could always claim it was just a dream, hence removing the obligation to label a character as *gasp!* Gay, but I'd get some hot man-on-man action in the meantime. Win/win! :devil:

I'm horrible, I know. :D:D:D

8. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

I would put my bet on who had the better lawyer.

Then how do you explain the excrement on Adams shoes:lol:

9. privatename

privatename Rookie

Generally speaking, the law makes it very, very difficult to terminate a natural parents' rights against their wishes. And, my point in the particular sentence you quoted, was that if they were trying to declare him unfit and trying to take his child or, even if your point is correct that the better lawyer would win, then whether or not he and Lindsay were married would be irrelevant. Because married or not, he is the baby's father.

Actually, I would like to see some Mac/Stella making out if the whole last few eps was just a dream. Then I could get my fix and not actually have to have another couple on CSI:NY (something I am firmly against) nor would I have to worry that TPTB would screw it up :)

10. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

How about to keep the couple count down to one and still get Mac some action we have some Danny/Mac action. :p

Sorry, my slashy urges coming out. :drool:

11. privatename

privatename Rookie

Hmmmm, okay, but can we have it be Flack/Mac?? Cuz that would make me :drool:

To get back on topic . . . As long as Mac, Stella, Adam, Flack and Angell remain on the show, I will be okay. Of course, lately I haven't even been watching CSI:NY on t.v. but will catch it on the CBS site if it seems to have been a good episode. I got tired of the "super hip" over-the-top storylines and the personal drama. I have to confess though that I will have to watch as it airs to see who dies. So, they have done their job with this teaser.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
  12. Top41

Flack wouldn't let Mac near Danny, even in Mac's dreams. ;) :p

Back on topic...I do worry that Hawkes is a viable victim. The theory someone posted above about him being targeted because he was the only one who saw the contents of the flash drive is definitely credible. I wonder if it's possible that Dunbrook is the killer or the person who hired the killer? If so, Hawkes is definitely a possible target.

13. privatename

privatename Rookie

So how do we feel about a threesome -- would Flack allow Mac near Danny if he were there to watch or participate? :)

I had voted that Hawkes was the most likely one to be leaving, but my reasoning had more to do with the actor than the character. The theory that he might be killed because he is the only one who saw the contents of the flashdrive makes a lot of sense. It is unfortunate though as I really don't want him to leave. :(

14. Top41

I could see Flack and Mac taking turns on Danny, but only if it was Mac's birthday and Flack was feeling very, very generous. ;) :devil:

Yeah, I can see Hill being the actor with the most motivation to leave. Hill has a lot of other things going for him, and he's underutilized on CSI: NY. Career-wise, he could do a lot better. He's a talented guy in a lot of areas--he has written books and has two advanced degrees from Harvard.

Anna, on the other hand, really has it made. She puts in minimal hours and gives mediocre to poor performances, and she gets a steady paycheck. It's hard to imagine her wanting to leave when she's really got a plum position. But who knows? Anything's possible. It's also possible her contract is up and the decision was made not to renew it.

Character-wise, more drama is bought in the long run with Lindsay's death (at least for Danny), while Hawkes' would be really shocking and would probably affect the flash drive/Dunbrook case more in the immediate episode.

All speculation on both fronts, of course. Until we know more, I'm still split pretty evenly between these two--less on Angell since the Greek stuff is being wrapped up in the episode before the finale.

15. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

That is an excellent point. I had forgotten about the flash drive until recently. Hawkes was the only one on the team to see the contents, so that is a good possibility.