Artists/Bands you think no one's heard of

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by shazza_018, Jun 20, 2008.

1. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

Haha, I know Lacuna Coil (good band!), Muse, Within Temptation, Sigur Ros, The Ark and Flogging Molly. Last two I've seen two times at festivals :D

Some rock and heavy metal bands from my playlist:
    Sonata Arctica
    Hanoi Rocks
    Northern Kings
    Korpiklaani

2. shazza_018

shazza_018 A Daily Anthem Moderator

Has anyone heard of the band Strive they're pretty unknown and new, one of there songs is FIRE. Their music is pretty awesome and they're AMAZING VOCALLY <3. I don't know some people might like 'em others might not but I think they're awesome <3. Also their songs are very meaningful! <3

3. Half

Half CSI Level Two

This is a bit older, but has anyone besides me heard of "Trout Fishing in America"? *waits for the crickets*

4. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

I've just found the band Owl City... It's hard to describe what they sound like but they're cool. Electronic. I only know two songs but like 'em. Not the best band I've heard but they're pretty decent. The Saltwater Room. First song I heard just incase someone wants to check them out or whatever.

5. magicmunchies

magicmunchies Lab Technician

Okay, has anyone heard of Eric Bogle? Hes a Scottish/Aussie Folk singer and blooming lyrics genius :D!

Um....

How about Gin Wigmore? or The Donnas? Midnight Youth? Fat Freddys Drop?

6. delkosgirl88

delkosgirl88 Hit and Run

Within Temptation is pretty amazing. I've heard of some of these bands including Theory of a Deadman, OLP, Atreyu, and Flogging Molly.

Francesca Battistelli is a fairly new Christian artist. Her song 'I'm Letting Go' is one of my favorite.

7. shazza_018

*bumps up thread*

Here a few more (UK bands/artists generally, sorry):
    Biffy Clyro
    Mumford and Sons
    Pendulum (AMAZING BAND)
    The Maccabee
    Bombay Bicycle Club
    Florence & The Machine

All amazing stuff, check 'em out! :)

8. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Do they have a song called Awake My Soul? I've listened to that song cause I like the blue-grass/banjo sound. Is most of their music like that?

9. shazza_018

Yes. Most of their music is like that I would really recommend the following songs by them: The Cave, Winter Winds, White Blank Page, Roll Away Your Stone.

10. lukeace

lukeace Victim

I don't think anyone has heard of 'The Nines' they played at my Aunties Wedding they were great, but are only a small group, with only 4 members.

11. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Another Lacuna Coil / Within Temptation fan here and i'll list some bands that i freakin' love:

Lordi
    Nightwish
    Terasbetoni
    Status Quo
    The Who
    The Rasmus ( My fav band of all ) Check them out seriously <3 esp "In The Shadows"
    Sirenia
    Leningrad Cowboys
    Apocalyptica
    The Darkness
    Vanilla Ninja
    PMMP
    Indica
    Leevi & The Leavings
    The Killers
    Snow Patrol
    Kotiteollisuus
    Klamydia

That's mine

Last edited: May 18, 2011
  12. Otie

Otie Hit and Run

Ooo - I just discovered this thread... so totally my thing! ::laughs:: I've got a ton of bands I absolutely love that barely anyone has ever heard of.

First... OMG... someone mentioned Cowboy Mouth early on in the thread... LOL! An online friend from WAY back in '98/'99 got me into them with the song "Jenny Says".

So one amazing band, that is actually starting to get a LOT of attention, is My Darkest Days. They've got a great album, and are an amazing live band. If you get a chance to check them out, DO SO! Plus they're really nice guys.

Another great band, that is signed, but hasn't been getting the airplay they deserve yet, is Bleeker Ridge. They have some of the most amazing lyrics going (search for them on YouTube and listen to "You Would've Liked It" and "Sixteen Hours" especially, those two songs are brilliant). Their album is the first in a LONG time that I've found I listen to it and every single song is a favourite, and they're just as amazing live. Also a bunch of real sweet guys.

Yet another great Canadian band (I know a lot of unknown Canadian bands) is Versus The Nothing. Harder rock than the previous two, with a touch of screamo in some songs. The lead vocalist has an incredible voice. Only had the chance to see them once live and it was basically only my husband and I and maybe four other people there, but the show was intense (Ross, the singer, was doing flips off the walls and jumping on tables). Again, a really great group of guys.

One of my favourite bands is Flatlined. Great mix of hard rock, and soft rock ballads. The guys are great, although the singer, Wes, is a little on the hyperactive and crazy side. Seen them live a TON of times, and they are fantastic. I've brought one of my nephew to see them, and he has turned all his classmates into fans. LOL!

A fabulous band, that unfortunately is no more (though you can still get their album on iTunes) is Westpoint. They were a group of wonderful guys, who unfortunately decided a few months after their album came out to call it quits. If their album had come out a little sooner, my husband and I would have used "Promise" as our first dance (which considering I used the song "Promise" from Silent Hill to walk down the aisle... it would have been funny).

Last of the ones I'm going to go into a lot of detail on... Peter McVeigh. He's an absolutely brilliant singer/songwriter from Ireland. Years ago, I was lucky enough to befriend him in a video-chat for another musician I'm friends with. Pete would put on concerts in the chatroom. I designed a couple of Sims 2 music videos for his old band... and he's often sent me a number of demos as he's been working on them. He's got a beautiful voice, and he's an extremely sweet man.

There are tons of other unknown bands I love (Your Favorite Enemies, Tailor Made Fable, Crush Luther, Angie Aparo, Jake Kerbrat, Isle of Thieves, Hawksley Workman, These Kids Wear Crowns, Soul Side In, Nathan Down, Daniel Ghattas, Everlea, Final Thought, Marion Raven, Reality Addiction, Wendy Lands), and unknown bands which sadly no longer exist that will always be favourites of mine (Toy Box, Goodbye Glory, Screwtape Lewis, Mugshot, Moments of Brilliance, Madison's Panic, Garrity). All of them I'd highly recommend... Google them, find them on YouTube or iTunes, or Myspace... and if you're really curious about some of the ones that have broken up and may be hard to find, message me... I know where their stuff is available, and I know which bands decided to make some/all their tracks available for free after breaking up.

13. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

My favorite band is Cross Canadian Ragweed I don't think many people know who they are, but they're really good! I especially love their song called "Cry Lonely".

14. Kaunis Mies

Kaunis Mies Pathologist

Anyone heard of a band called Something Corporate? I love their song Punk Rock Princess.

Or how about Nightcore & Caralola?

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  15. Raveyn Zayra

Raveyn Zayra Witness

I listen to whatever interests me. Most of my favorites artists are mainstream, but there are a few I doubt anyone on here has heard of before:

Nightwish (already mentioned but I'm listing them anyway)
    Van Canto
    Rhapsody of Fire
    Tyr
    Abney Park