Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wasn't Lindsay supposed to leave to go visit her parents in Montana and tell them about the baby or whatever? That was supposed to be during Anna's maternity leave. So, if Lindsay is in Montana during the season finale, that pretty much rules her out as being the one to be killed, doesn't it? If that's the case, who does that leave?

In that picture, the dead person is definitely not Hawkes (could be Sinclair, but then that wouldn't mean the cast would shrink by one). Sid and Adam were just added to the cast, so it most likely wouldn't be them. Mac and Stella obviously aren't going anywhere. So that just leaves Danny and Don. I can't really see them killing off either one of them. So, I'm just unsure.

I still think there's a possibility that theres a whole smoke and mirrors thing going on here and that the "shrink the cast" comment is nothing more than a tease that will not turn out the way they make it sound. So in my mind, that still leaves someone who has been a big part of the show, but not in the opening credits (except maybe listed as special guest star) which brings me back to Angell.

2. stormymac

stormymac Hit and Run

Actually, the picture is from the scene in "The Cost of Living" where they find the fisherman's body. It could be a clue that the character "loss" is connected to the Greek storyline, or it might just be a stock photo that EW put in showing Mac and Stella since they are the main characters on the show.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Lindsay is supposed to go to Montana when Anna is on maternity leave, but no one knows how many episodes she'll miss. She could very well be back for the finale. With Anna's last pregnancy she only missed two episodes.

4. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

Do you really think that the biggest shock for the finale will be revealed in a picture?? There's no way that picture has anything to do with the finale, I doubt they've even shot the finale don't they usually shot until April?? well its only the very begining of March.

And whoever is killed we will not know the answer until the finale airs, there will be no promo shot of the dead character, if there was one why would you watch the episode you know who dies, there no suspense left.

5. Surreal_44

Surreal_44 Hit and Run

I hope it is not Lindsay mainly because I really DON'T want to see Danny be angsty -- again. I love good angst, but Danny is almost perpetually in a state of angst or some sort of turmoil is soooooo overdone that it's boring and grating.

In fact, I'd rather it be Danny who kicks the bucket.

Regardless of who dies, I'm sure Danny will be in the center of all the angst. He enjoys his suffering a great deal and he'll take it personally.

So here's what I think:

Logically, the person who dies will be either Lindsay or Hawkes. Both have things going on outside of CSI NY. Because the writers have hinted that Lindsay and Danny will face challenges after the baby is born, it makes Hawkes a more likely candidate.

I'd like Danny to be the one to die.

Conclusion: They'll kill Flack because he's my favorite character.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

We only have spoilers through 5x22 so there's no way the finale has been filmed yet. I don't know but I doubt 5x22 has been filmed yet.

It seems to me like there will be quite a few repeats considering 5x17 is airing this Wednesday. If they only do 24 episodes and you count up the remaining with no repeats, that would have 5x24 airing on April 22nd. Maybe they're also using repeats to fill in for part of Anna's maternity leave. With her first pregnancy she only missed three episodes (3x16, 17, & 18) so repeats could made it less than that. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. :p

When Vanessa, Rory Cochrane, William Petersen, Jorja Fox, and Gary Dourdan wanted to leave the show, it was revealed beforehand so it's possible we could find out before the finale. I guess it just depends on who it is and why they're leaving (their choice or plot purposes).

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

:lol: That's what I was thinking too. It's just my luck!

8. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

I think there will be a fan uprising if they dare do that. :p

9. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Fan123

Meanwhile i think it could be Stella (as i think it could be Sinclair, Danny and Lindsay) i TOTALLY DISAGREE with your opinion on STELLA. Mainly because you haven't given us a solid reason why she must go. You only said she is like Syd from Providence...ha! probably Stella and Syd the only thing in common they have is the fact they weren't too lucky with men. And the fact they are both adorable, caring, loving characters. Beyond that there is NOT possible comparisons. Stella is an orphan, she has nobody to protect her except her best friend and the family she formed in the lab. She learnt to be wild and independent because it was the only way to survive the fact she was so alone in this world. On the contrary, Syd has a lovely family. With a caring father, a brother always in trouble and a very difficult sister, a challeging job, loser boyfriends...certainly she had a lot!

You can't compare one with another but in case you do, you should know at least Melina Kanakaredes is an Emmy nominee. Daytime Emmy but a nominee anyway. I know you didn't mention Melina but i think producers would try to convince her if she tried to leave. I guess even you;) agree on this:lol::lol::lol::lol:

(Ausiello's blog is full of friends of mine:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:)

Debbie :guffaw:

Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  10. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

AHHH! They can not be serious...They're killing someone off?! *speaking to TPTB* NOT COOL GUYS! I love all the characters. Well, all the main ones anyway. I don't want them to die!

It won't be Mac, that's for sure. And I'm almost positive it's not Stella. I have a feeling it might be Danny/Lindsay/their baby. I got a CSI Miami magazine the other day and in it, Peter Lenkov says that Danny and Lindsay won't have a "flowery ending" so this could be what he means.

I'm really hoping it's not Sheldon or Flack!

That's my opinion on this. Bye everyone!

Axel

EDIT!!!!: I just realized that Lenkov never mentioned anyone dying! He said we "lose" someone. That doesn't necessarily mean die! It could mean someone leaves/quits or gets lost (THAT WOULD BE MEAN!!!!).

11. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I really can't see them killing off Flack at this point. With the makeup of the character, I'd think he's one of the few who has appeal across a fairly broad range of demographics.

I can't see Mac or Stella being killed off either. Even leaving aside the actors' contracts, I think they've invested too much time in establishing Mac and Stella as leads (and the linchpin(s) for the other characters and relationships) to abandon that structure at the midpoint.

Adam is the other character that I see as highly unlikely at this point. He is arguably the one main character who currently represents that hip, youthful, fun element that they seem to want in the series.

I still tend to focus more on the detectives as possible victims since they seem the most likely to come into contact with these kidnappers either during the commission of a crime or the criminal pursuit thereafter. That said, if the person who dies is a specific target of the kidnappers or simply in the wrong place at the wrong time, I guess it really could be any of the cast.

Angell is still my number one pick because with her involvement in the Greek coin case, she could be a kidnap target and/or could also be involved in pursuit of the criminals.

I'm starting to give more thought to Hawkes as a possibility and a potential kidnap vicitm, though, especially if the finale death is related to the flashdrive case. IIRC, isn't Hawkes the only other person in the lab besides Mac who has an idea of what files are on the flashdrive?

12. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Dang, I'm starting to feel like the team when putting together the pieces from the 333-baddie's jigsaws. We get pieces and more pieces but we don't know if they belong together and how they match if they match at all.

Debbie, don't be a jinx, I beg you!

13. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Speculation is fun! I love all the guessing/possible theories.

Are any of them, really, though? The only complaint I could see with Stella is her wardrobe, and I can't think that Danny's skin tight t-shirts are any more professional. The women on these shows (Calleigh on CSI: Miami and Catherine on CSI have similar wardrobes) all dress in ways real cops certainly wouldn't. That's Hollywood.

I'm pretty sure she'll be back before the season finale. If it is Lindsay, I imagine she'd come back, have the baby, and then get killed an episode or two later in the finale. (This is presuming she's coming back around ep 522 or 523.)

ETA: She's having the baby in episode 523. So.... ;)

Very interesting point. That makes sense...if it all comes back to that flashdrive, it could be that Hawkes saw something on it and someone has him killed because of it. I remember there was some emphasis on how he was the only one to see the drive. Hmmmm....

We don't know that the killer in the finale necessarily kidnaps one of the CSIs/cops...just that the person is a kidnapper turned cop killer.

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Knowing that Lindsay has the baby in 5.23, I really hope my previous speculation about the 'kidnappers' taking babies (or specifically Danny and Lindsay's baby) turns out to be wrong. Laaame.

But I'm surprised she's not having the kid in the finale - that's a big thing, and while killing someone off is also a huge deal, I'd still expect the birth to be in the finale. I dunno, I guess we'll see how the storyline plays out.

15. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I hope not, too. But why would kidnappers want the baby of two CSIs? I mean, maybe if it's personal--someone targeting Danny or something--but really, it's not like they could pay a big ransom on their salary.

Which definitely helps bolster the theory that Lindsay is the one getting offed. She either has the baby and gets killed in the next episode, or, if they're doing a longer season, they get to play family for a bit--and have a tough time juggling being new parents--and then she gets killed in the finale.

Horatio's wife Marisol died in the same episode they got married in, didn't she?

I think at this point, there are very strong cases to be made for the person who's dying being either Lindsay, Hawkes or Angell. I'd bet money (and I never bet money :p ) on it being one of those three--I just don't know which one of the three. ;)