Fic: Darkness Into Light-eventual Smacked

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by MacsGirlMel, Nov 17, 2008.

1. shell_kikii

shell_kikii Lab Technician

Mac wants to confront the perp. It's good for him. He may lost he sight but he's tough in the bone. :)

2. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

yep :) And I'm hoping the next chappie will be kinda big :)

3. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

Good update Melly.

Loved the boys, and their "How does he do that. :lol:

4. MacsGirlMel

lol it just seemed so Flack to me. And just something Mac would be able to do after a while. Some people can actually echolocate but I won't go that far lol

At least you and I both do better than the show, which seems to have magic recovery and people all healthy and well really quick.

5. giovinazzo<3

giovinazzo<3 Lab Technician

great update:)

Lol when Flack said,"I still don't know how in the world he does that." :lol:

6. MacsGirlMel

(a slight skip again)

Mac made his way slowly into the apartment, glad to finally be coming home again. He wasn't totally finished with his therapy yet but it was felt that as much as possible had been accomplished with his inpatient stay, and that he could recover better at home. Stella was going to stay with him a few days, and he would have a visiting nurse for a while as well, plus outpatient therapy sessions.

Mac had been wrestling with something, and he had decided that he had to go ahead and say it if he was ever going to. He hadn't wanted Stella to think he was saying what he was because he was hurting but he still feared losing his chance if he did not go ahead and talk to her.

Stella got them some lunch, making a couple of sandwiches with Mac insisting on helping where he could. He held back talking much until they'd finished eating, then, his heart pounding, he started to speak.

"I...It's hard for me to know what to say, or how to say it. It's hard not to be afraid, to fear I'll hurt things more than I'll help." he said. "I wanted to be sure the time was right, too, that it came accross right. A simple way to put is is that, even with my eyes, I was blind to things that should have been plain to me, and that there are things I can see now even if I am blind. There are chances we're given, and I don't want to lose my chance."

"I think....no, I know...I'm in love with you. You've done so much for me, and I can't imagine my life without you. I think I've known that for a long time now, but I was too afraid to admit it. I didn't know how you felt, and then there was our job situation...most of all though, I didn't want to lose you as a friend. I still don't....if you don't feel the same way I do--"

Mac was cut off by Stella's lips pressing against his, the kiss first soft, then deeping, growing stronger. Stella spoke when they finally had to break for want of air.

"I do feel the same way, Mac. I was beginning to wonder if I needed to smack you over the head to get you to see it. I think that for a while now, I've been trying to find someone like you, but I know that the only thing I want is *you*"

Mac felt some of the fear leaving him as he listened to her words. "I know I've still got a long road ahead, and there's nothing I'd like more than for you to walk that road with me. You've already helped me come so far, and that means more to me than I can say. "

"It's a road I'm happy to walk with you." Stella replied. "I know that there are still a lot of things inside you that you're struggling with, but I know you're the man who can come through them. And I want to be there with you."

"*We* can come through them. We can face them together. I think that even if I don't get my sight back, like I said...I can see the important things quite clearly even without eyes."

They kissed again, and Mac's body coursed with desire for Stella. He would never push for anything, he would allow things to progress naturally, for he was a gentleman, but he knew that what was happening now felt so right, much more right and good than even his relationship with Peyton. They did not make love right away, much as he desired her, but when they did it would mark the beginning of a new chapter in both their lives.

(I so wanted to let him ravish her lol but I know those things work better when they flow more naturally and aren't rushed.)

7. shell_kikii

If smack works, Stella should've smacked Mac years ago. Or maybe both of them needed to be smacked. :lol:
    Totally agreed. They are not the type of people who jumped into bed without thinking. :adore:

8. MacsLovlyAngl

Aww... nice, happy they finally told each other how they felt.:)

9. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

Great updates,Mel. I love that line of Flack's about how he'd like to see Mac sock that guy a few times. It's so Flack.
    Loved Mac's cautious and so sweet way of telling her how he feels, and he saying she's been looking for someone like him but really she just wanted him. I liked the bit about how when Mac could see normally he was blind to some things but now he's blind he can see those things.
    Oh, and the part about people having their own smells made me laugh, wondering what Danny and Flack smell like.:lol: I like Mac's positive attitude and determination to get better mixed with his uncertanties about Stella and what he will be able to do with only one eye, that's so Mac.

Really, don't worry about your writing style, I think you are wonderful!

10. MacsGirlMel

Stella awoke from her sleep as Mac became increasingly restless nearby. She knew of his nightmares; he had confided in her about them from time to time. Also,she recalled a couple of times where he had drifted to sleep at his desk during his break period and she had found him apparently in the midst of one.

Tonght had been a night of discovery and confession, of erasing old lines and making new connections. Nothing intimate had happened; they would let that come in its own time, but Mac had allowed her to settle next to him in bed as they readied for sleep. She had found herself amazed again at how much she treasured simply being close to him and feeling the warmth of his touch.

Now he was beginning to move, calling out, his body slightly damp with sweat. She wanted to wake him, but was unsure, it could make things even worse. She reached out, stroking his face gently.

"Relax, Mac, it's only a dream. Try and calm down." she said soothingly. She wondered what things still haunted him, what still tormented him in his dreams as he had talked about. It was his nature to speak of it only a bit, to try and battle his inner demons on his own. Stella hoped that over time she might find a way to help him with this fight, as their bond continued to stregnthen.

Mac came awake suddenly, his remaining eye opening as he gazed around fearfully. His memory seemed to come back to him as he calmed, still breathing heavy but trying to slow it down. Stella took his hand, and he responded to her touch, squeezing it.

"This happens a lot. I dream of the explosion" he told her. "When I wake up, I find myself startled somewhat by not being able to see. Then I remember what happened."

He let Stella take him into her arms, breathing deeply as he inhaled her scent. She knew he'd struggle with mental scars along with his physical ones, and he was the kind of person who would never go for professional help. She wished she knew how to keep him from bottling things up and closing the world out like he did.

"Those things are only natural...I can understand you having PTSD. I know though that you aren't the kind of guy who wants to see anyone about it...You're grudgingly taking the help the hospital is giving you, but I know from experience how hard it is to deal with a traumatic experience."

"I usually feel like it hurts too much, like I can't open up to a stranger. I suppose it's also a little bit of male ego, not wanting to admit to needing help." He sighed. "You're the one person I feel I can talk to a lot of the time, the one person I feel understands me enough. The others, I appreciate what they're doing for me as well,but you're my rock."

"I'm always willing to listen if you want to talk about anything. I know it's hard, there are a lot of things I'm the same way with. I did the PEEP counciling I had to, but I didn't really like it. It hurts like h*ll and I hate the thought of talking to some doctor, but you're the one person I could confide in. Maybe that way we compliment each other. You've been my rock so many times too."

"It's not going to be easy for me...I've got a lot of healing yet to do both in my body and my mind, and I hate not knowing what my future holds now that my career is over. I'm just so glad I'm not going to be doing it alone. I don't think I could handle it on my own, as hard as it is to admit it. I want to handle it, I've tried to handle it, but it helps to have someone to lean on. Just know that even if I get angry and lash out at times, it doesn't mean I don't love you."

"I know. And you just have to remember that although you and the people around you may think you're Superman sometimes, you're not. It's okay to be human and be angry and frustrated and scared. Just know that I'm here to help you face it, like you said. We can come through together."

"I like the sound of that. I beleive it too, with all my heart."

Mac gave her a kiss and then snuggled close to her, already near drifting back to sleep again as Stella did the same.

(I'm going to try to post another part tomorrow/later today with a little more of those things in it...I'm trying to follow what Lynn said about ups and downs to keep it as real as I can.)

11. lkles08

lkles08 Dead on Arrival

Great update! You do a really really great job at showing emotions!

12. MacsLovlyAngl

You've done a great job with this chapter. Showing Mac's emotions, as he battles his wounds that are haunting him inside. Showing that he is willing to try and share his pain even if it's only with Stella at this time. He's still trying to reach out, and that's good.

Good job. Update soon:cool:

13. shell_kikii

Great update, Mel! :)
    I love how Mac confessed that Stella's the only person he trusts enough to show his pains to. And Stella assured him it's nothing to ashame of because he's human, and she's there for him. :)

14. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Great updates.
    I love how Mac is unsure of himself and how he feels for her.

Look forward to the rest of this story. :D

15. MacsGirlMel

I love your reviews *snuggles you all* Sorry I didn't make it yesterday. Will post soon though.