Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Railynn

Railynn Rookie

What if, GregNickRyanFan Anna told thje producers at the begining of the season she was gonig to have a baby and they deciede to write the baby into the show then just a couple of weeks/months ago she asked to leave the show?? They have already written the baby storyline in they can't take it back, so what are they suppossed to do say haha just kidding the baby not Danny's no their stuck with the storyline, so they make Danny a single dad that would be a fine storyline.

2. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, I'm already vaguely exasperated because there's just too much we don't know, and all we're doing is being made to dance. ;) We don't know if TPTB are trying to be clever, if they're accomodating an actor wishing to move on from the show, or if they just think it's a top down Good Idea for the show. We don't know if it's a main character, or a recurring, or a returning (they brought back Pino, for example), or a character (like Miami's Jessop) yet to be introduced for a run up to the finale.

All a snippet like Lenkov gave us really does is create buzz for the rest of the season. And for the off season. The real impact ultimately depends on how Drastic and Forever it really winds up being. Possible implications for Season Six would include more screentime available to remaining cast members; a recurring, like Angell, could be added to the main cast, just as AJ and Robert were; a new character could be introduced; there could be even more guest appearances with more extended arcs, more cameos, and more stunt casting and cross-platforming.

I still think it could be Sinclair. Sinclair's still Mac's ultimate boss, even if we were only reduced to a few scenes with him from way early this season, and a shouting match over the phone. Killing Sinclair could be made to tie back to the Flash drive, and to powerful people, like Dunbrook. Sinclair's high enough up the food chain for his death to impact everyone and the Department as a whole. It could bump Gillian up to succeed him and create that much more of a complicated or interesting dynamic between her and Mac, should TPTB decide to invite her to return for more appearances in the future. As for Gillian, well, there's a history with Sinclair that would have a greater impact than killing Gillian off would. I don't see how killing a 3-ep guest appearance would drastically alter the line up.

As for the rest, I agree with a lot of what's already been written.

Killing Angell is the other real possibility as far as recurring characters go, as many have said. It could give Flack some interesting stuff to deal with, but so far we haven't seen too much of them together to be invested in what they've got. That may change before the finale, who knows. :p Would suck if it was her. We'd lose yet another solid female character, since Aiden, and other than Stella, be left with Lindsay... :censored:

Killing Mac would break a contract. (Unless he too, Got Better. Like Horatio and Fornell. :p) Killing Stella would unbalance the show, and again would lose a strong female character when she's really the only good one, among the main characters. Killing Adam would be stupid, he's a rising tide in the show's viewership. And with TPTB's ever desperate desire to be cool and god help me but doesn't PV use the word 'hip' in all her interviews, they'd never off a character that serves that as well as Adam does.

I doubt they'd kill Flack. He's the only out and out homicide detective and physical force in the main cast. Who else would they get to leap over things and chase people? Vegas has Brass, Miami has Tripp. NY has Flack. They'd hafta intro a new homicide cop or bump Angell up. Plus, his humour is always a highlight, along with Adam's, and he was just starting to get some attention paid to his family and personal life. I suppose it could be Sid, but I doubt it, he's Da Man, the prime ME now, made the credits with AJ, and as someone pointed out, was already featured in a near death eppie this season. They barely let him out of autopsy, so unless he's the one kidnapped, I rather wonder how else he'd ever be in any situation that would become lethal. He didn't even hafta leave to get the radiation poisoning... :p

I doubt they'd kill Danny. It would leave Lindsay to shoulder the load of a single-parent storyline, first franchise baby and all, and leave Anna finally fully exposed and to her own devices. After the Dark Secret, I hope TPTB would think twice before featuring her in any way like that, especially with her main Prop Man gone. And unless her contract's up at the end of the season, and Season Six is just gonna be chock full o' surprises casting-wise, I don't think they'd lose an anchor of the show like Carmine in favour of a polarizing actress like Anna.

If it is going to be a main character, killing Hawkes sadly remains a prime possibility in my books. I'd so, sooooo hate to see him go, as I'd love to see more of him. He's been so underused. He's been on the show since day one, but he's still a character we really don't know much of but for the strength of his personality and convictions. I'd rather he was written in, not off. If it were Hawkes, it would make the focus on the team as a whole too, especially in a season finale, whereas if it were Angell or Lindsay it would somehow hafta have some focus on their respective others...? Well, I guess that could be said of any character that wasn't Angell or Lindsay, mind you... :lol:

Could be Lindsay, especially if Anna wants to leave. Would make lotsa people happy. It'd make Danny a single father, give him an angsty aftermath. It'd get rid of deadweight screentime. It would also (now conveniently) suck a whole lotta other things into the black hole of continuity where DL are concerned and remove an albatross from the show. I know what I'd prefer...

-

^ As for having Lindsay run away with an old boyfriend, that's an interesting point. But the inclusion of the pregnancy was an adaptation that defaulted to DL for ratings if not a conventient framework. It could also be because Lindsay has never had eyes for anyone else despite TPTB's best original intentions this season, and they'd still have been obliged to account for a season's worth of work before the finale. So, pregnant for the season. Danny drama. DL crap/ratings. Wedding. DL ratings. First Franchise Baby. DL ratings. Maternity leave (sigh of relief). Finale. Possbily Involuntary Bye Bye. Next season? Even more Danny drama... Who's to say really, but I could see that as a rationale.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I think that picture is from "Hung Out to Dry" or some other episode that has already aired.

5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

That picture lentus is referring to is from earlier in season 5. The episode that pic is from is the one where Wolford Bessie-(the fellow they called "the rat fisherman") ended up dead. That's "the rat fisherman" laying on the ground. I recognize the clothes on the dead body as the ones he was wearing.

Yahrzeit is NOT the title of the season finale.
    The season finale will be episode 5'23 which is
    Yahrzeit is the episode that will deal with racism and that Mac will find out something about his dad he didn't know.

6. fm62

fm62 Prime Suspect

To be honest, i'm not sure I care who gets killed off, IMO this season has been dire and spoilers suggest it's not going to get better any time soon.

Being that most storylines such as the pregnancy, Pino and blue flu have concentrated on Danny and given that they have re-written the character completely, I would think it is a good possibility that he will be the one to go. I already wondered if Carmine was going to be out of contract and wishing to leave and the recent decisions they have made, have only made the character less interesting to play, as he is basically now playing himself. That wouldn't make me want to stay.

The characters that bring nothing to the show for me are Lindsay and Hawkes. They only spout facts and do demonstrations and one person like that is more than enough for one workplace and too much for my tv screen. Also, IMO of course, both characters are portrayed by script-readers, so would be less of a loss than a quality actor.

I'm hoping it's going to be Hawkes, but only because the car-crash storyline of DL could only worsened by taking the character of Danny from 'Wonder Years Kevin' to something from Full House. I keep thinking this couldn't become more of a teen soap-opera, but they keep proving me wrong.

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Now i think it's STELLA
    I think we have misread spoilers. Days ago we were told last 4 episodes were going to be wise Mac-wise and Stella-wise episodes
    So technically we have
    5.22--> Mac's dad's episode
    5.23-->Mac getting emotional
    5.24-->Diakos and the Greek coin case (Stella episode)
    5.25-->Cop killer episode
    Peter didn't say somebody was going to die.(Ausiello assumed it but he could be wrong) He only said we were going to loose somebody.
    Being fired or quitting to be a CSI could apply for the idea of "losing" somebody (we lost Aiden when she was fired)
    They will investigate the cops killer case because some Blue guy will be murdered (as in Offcier Blue)
    and that's why it was said "Their crime will change CSI NY line up forever"
    Stella will part ....... as it was suggested in Wikipedia (episode titles for S6 "..... Holidays")

8. jolein

jolein Pathologist

I think and hope it is Lindsay,cause it leaves an impact on Danny and therefore on the team.
    Plus I could imagine with Anna already working half time that she might decide to quite and look after her kids for a few years(she strikes me as that type of mum,no offense)
    The others have mentioned that they like to go on or have signed a long contract,so I doubt that they would leave.

As I remember Stella`s storyline wasn`t confirmed as the finale episode yet but only a suggestion,so I wouldn`t pin down that Stella is gonna get a season finale episode.

I doubt that someone being fired is gonna chance the lives of the CSI`s forever ,so it is easy to assume that someone is gonna die.
    Plus I wouldn`t relay to much on wikepedia too much if I were you cause if we get this little info on the upcoming episodes of the current season,I doubt that the season 6 info is reliable.

9. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This makes me think we're only gonna get 23 episodes this season. Sounds like it'll be "Yarzheit" one Wednesday then the season finale the next Wednesday.

10. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

I wouldn't think there would be any fewer than 24 eps this season.

11. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Hmmm...you're right. I guess there could be an episode between "Yarzheit" and the season finale.

12. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Common sense would say that the CSI Writers stop the bleeding and get rid of Lindsay. The honeymoon was over long ago and what could have been will never be. I'm sure their intentions are good. It just isn't working out. The character they began with, and probably would have kicked all kinds of butt, is now: Jessica Angell. I swear, she is probably what the writers originally wanted Lindsay to be, but two pregnancies kinda puts a damper on jumping over car hoods, kicking garbage cans to knock down perps, rescuing her partner from speeding taxi cabs and all other tough chick things she's done since she arrived. :thumbsup: Not to say that women who've given birth couldn't do ithat, just that they'd probably be more complacent about it. Probably?

I'm thinking that because the extra exposure the other actors receive from their side ventures, which TPTB have been very supportive and flexible with, would be extra incentive to try to keep Hill Harper, AJ Buckley, Carmine Giovinazzo and Eddie Cahill. They are not hindered from doing other things. Who's to say that the demographic didn't change after Hill Harper won an NAACP award and more people of color started watching? How many Supernatural fans gave it a shot?

I know there's the theory of those guys wanting to do other things, but I'm also thinking that those other things aren't being hampered by them doing the show. Hill has a movie coming out later this year. AJ can guest spot on Supernatural and any other show he wants. Carmine can do another album. Eddie, while I'm not certain of anything he's doing, pretty much is THE Homicide Detective. While he's last in the credits, he doesn't need to leave because Flack is proven to be even more essential to the show than even Danny.

I don't see any other character being killed off that would be more detrimental to the team than Lindsay. Sure, Angell worked with them all, but is she a 'foundational' character? If they only went out for beers when Aiden was killed, why should Angell's death be a greater loss, causing them to be so devastated? :confused:

So, they're changing the timeline of the series to satisfy the impending birth of the baby; therefore Flack and Angell may be a full fledged couple. Unless they're using the same 'we didn't air it, but trust us-- they're together all the time: making babies, hanging out with his cop family members and ignoring his siblings that probably could use his support right now' calendar/timeline that Danny and Lindsay use, I don't see how her death would affect characters like Sid or Adam since they allege it to "forever change the CSI:NY lineup".

Smart money says Lindsay...

But these are the CSI:NY writers after all. :rolleyes: You have to check your sense of logic and reason at the door then bend over, grab your ankles and brace yourself because it ain't gonna be pretty.

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I don't understand. I have done my Maths and we can't have Dunsbrook, the cop killer case and the Greek coin case (plus a dead body or a farewell to a CSI) in the same episode

So for either the Greek coin case was pushed to Season 6
    or it's going to be solved along with Dunsbrook and the cop killer situation
    or we are going to have 25 episodes this season

But i'm thinking it could be Sinclair and later it's offered to Mac his position which cause a MAJOR change in the lab because Stella would be the next in the command

Debbs (I'm lost. I confess it)

14. sarramaks

sarramaks Rookie

The logical choice is Lindsay, for all the reasons already expressed. If they maintained the DL relationship it would have to digress from the proper CSI storylines and become more of a soap - I imagine this has been planned for quite some time. I also wouldn't be surprised if Lindsay + baby met their end, as sad as that would be for the character of Danny. I can't see them leaving him as a single father. It seems to me a lot of the pre planned plot changed upon the produces finding out about Anna's pregnancy; I think Lindsay's eventual death is possibly what they've come up with.

15. miss_blue

miss_blue Lab Technician

Strangely enough, my vote was cast to Danny. My logic (although at times was proven that logic was not a friend of mine) was that lately Danny looks bored. The writers changed his character, and they got him closer and closer to the actor playing him.

I had a second option, which is wishful thinking for Lindsay. The reasons were listed by everybody else, so there is no sense to repeat them. Mac and Stella are at a safe spot, and in the line up for killing Hawkes and Angell are good candidates. My mind completely excludes Flack from this story line, I just refuse to believe that Flack would go.