Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Actually I never said anything about Anna. You invoked her name, not me.

Anyways, I think we would have heard something if it was a major character going. Stuff like that always slips through. It might not be anyone big at all. You know how it happens with the CSI shows! :)

2. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

If we're really counting crumbs, you broached the subject of actor bashing. You brought Anna into a flippant comment about Lindsay. The end.

As for the rest of it, well, I just have a terrible feeling about this spoiler. After the Bones PTB wrote off Zac Addy without informing his actor, I no longer trust anyone's assurances about anything, and I wouldn't put it past these PTB to kill off a character for the sake of the shock value, without carefully considering the long-term impact of that decision.

3. mimefan

mimefan Dead on Arrival

I think that they'll kill off Angell, here's my reasons why.
    1. Lindsay replaced Aiden so they wouldn't kill off the same role twice (secondary female CSI, not lead female CSI)
    2. Mac's the main man and Stella's the main woman so they're both safe.
    3. Danny Messer and Don Flack have a brilliant chemistry together and they're like brothers and if any of them died it would kill off a significant amount of fanbase so those two are safe because they're arguably the most popular characters on the show.
    4. Sheldon Hawkes is a CSI so I doubt they'll kill him, also according to you Americans he's got a great episode coming up.
    5. Sid's safe because he's cool and utterly brilliant.
    6. Adam's safe because he's a nerd, and that's safe in my books.
    So that leads a cop, the person who isn't associated with the CSI team at all, basically, I think she'll become a living Redshirt person (AKA living until the season finale where she dies.)
    Or it could all come down to naught and they just kill off Flack's sister Samantha.

4. bumble_bee89

bumble_bee89 Rookie

Well, I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be Mac because they said he finds out something new about his Father that he didn't know...so that could be a nice juicy opener for next season...all things start with something new and all that.

So I think next seasons opener will start somewhere else, possibly Chicago, Mac's going to probably be trying to find out something about his daddy :)

as for the character killing.
    I voted for Lindsey, soley because of her real life commitments...she's just had a baby and that can be a lot on her plate. Plus, with her being pregnant in the series it gives them a good spin off, unless they're going to make it all soap opera and kill off Danny, thusly creating a disequilibrium and causing more drama for Lindsey...like she needs it!

So I think it's probably Lindsey, I think that Robert Joy is too old to leave CSI:NY, to unknown too...No offence to the guy I think he's amazing...but I cant see him in anything other than CSI:NY, not something that's going to bring in the big bucks anyways.

Stella, she just...I dont know, I dont think they'll kill her off because she plays well off Mac and visa-versa.

Sheldon isn't on the hit list, there is too much they could do with his character...he has so many unanswered questions.

Adam is pretty safe because he's young, hot, lab-rat...he gives the younger generation something to look and drool over :D

Flack...is just Flack, him and det. angell are just about ready to start a juicy storyline and you all remembered what a little lovin' did for CSI:NY? it brought in the ratings! big time!

that is all I have to say on that matter :)

5. Wordsworth

Wordsworth Victim

I voted Lindsay. I think her death would work well as an emotional ending to the D/L storyline that has played out over this season. It would certainly be a partial explanation for why the baby and the prospect of marriage has played such a big part.

Angell is the other popular choice and I can understand the reasoning behind that. Again, it could partially explain the sudden blossoming of her relationship with Flack, but for her death to have a really emotional impact, I think I'd have to believe she and Flack were a lot more in love than I currently do. Based on my perceptions of the characters and relationships, I would expect much more emotional fallout for Danny if Lindsay died that there would be for Flack if Angell died.

6. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Who it is really depends on the reasons behind it - whether TPTB chose this storyline without prompting or if it has been prompted by one of the actors asking to leave. If it due to an actor asking to leave then we can't really use previous spoilers/quotes by TPTB to decipher who it might be, as we have already seen this season storylines have changed due to changes in the circumstances surronding the actors.

7. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Is Julia Ormond done with her guest spot or does she still have episodes left? If she's still recurring it could be her because she's connected to the Dunbrook case. It could also be Sinclair if Dunbrook is connected to the stolen flash drive. When Criminal Minds said "one of the team" would die last season it ended up being another FBI agent working on the case with the core team. It could easily be one of these two more peripheral characters.

8. FlackFan01

FlackFan01 Police Officer

I wonder if this spoiler is just something they're saying and won't really follow through with. Or, if they are just playing with words. That's my guess. For now....

Dang it, why can't we get more on this, or just get nothing at all???? This is gonna drive me buggy till the eppy airs.....DANG IT!

9. CSIDOLL

CSIDOLL Victim

I totally agree. I think it will be unexpected, who is killed. Wouldn't be surprised if this spoiler has been said, to put us off what else is to come

10. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I agree with people who say that Angell isn't a major character and that her death would have less of an impact than the main characters.

But:

She's been on the show since the premiere of season 3 - that's three out of five seasons where she's been a recurring character. She's done ~20 episodes. Now she has a more personal connection to a major character because of her relationship with Flack. And if she left, while it wouldn't change the opening credits, it would still change the CSI:NY lineup forever - hasn't she been the only recurring detective for three seasons? Plus, TPTB know that there are a lot of fans who like the character, so they know there's at least some emotional attachment there.

So, yeah...it doesn't mean she's definitely the one, but I don't think her smaller role precludes her from being a real possibility.

ETA: Oh, also:

I know a lot of us are thinking, "But wouldn't we have heard something by now?" - that's the thing, though. The finale won't air for like 2 1/2 months, so maybe this is the first we're hearing of it.

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I agree that would basically be redundant.

But, there have been some lies told about Miami by producers and whatnot. Like the time one said that Horatio would almost die (a few season back) and he didn't even come close. So, the writers could just be messing with our heads. :lol:

Lindsay is way too predictable being that she is the most unliked character in the show (I don't dislike her, but a lot do). And I really don't think they're going to go the predictable route. They're going to go for shock value. Like when Warrick was killed. That was a bit unexpected, though everyone kind of knew he'd be leaving the show, but not really in such an unexpected way. So, I just don't think it can be Lindsay for that reason. Plus, they might not be being completely forthcoming either, so it could be that it's someone a little less major. Angell is a major character without being a main character, so she's a big possibility though I'd hate it. :lol:

12. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

I swear she had a few more eps left on her stint and she did say in an interview i swear was her that she's always killed off in shows she does as a joke.

Whats bugging me is Lindsay seems as someone said to predictable. But with the them saying it will change the lineup it has to be someone big.

13. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

I voted for ...*ducks Faylinn* Adam.

Because, the way it's worded "loosing someone in the CSI family",well my guess would be Adam.

Yes, Mac and Stella are the frontrunners of the show. They wouldn't kill either off.

Yes, Lindsay is the predictable choice. If she does get killed off, PLEASE do NOT have her die in childbirth. :rolleyes: That would be too... too... aweful of a storyline. Although it would give Danny some good angst, I think that would be too much for the finale.

Angell was my other choice, but unless they really boost her storylines and give her lots of screentime between now and the finale, I don't think it will impact the lineup or the show all that much.

I say Adam because they have spent all this time bringing him to the forefront. Giving him more storylines and such. Having him spend time with Stella so we get to know him. Then *BAM* they kill him. Who would expect that?

14. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

So why are so many assuming that it's the death of one of the detectives (flack, angell, etc..) that MAKES this killer a "cop-killer"? If they've been running around all day killing patrolmen and when the team catches up with them and they kill a CSI too, they're still "cop-killers" whether or not you want to consider the CSI's cops....the fact that he called them cop-killers doesn't seem to give anything away to me. Anyone's fair game. Detectives or CSI's.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

hhunter, I'm afraid to say you have a point there. A extremely painful one. I just hope TPTB don't think like you do. Fay won't be the only one mad at them if he gets killed.

I still haven't voted and I don't think I will. I can't decide.