Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Wowza. Left field, I admit. :p First response was :eek: ...but now, I'm just perplexed. Pretty good job of keeping this sorta thing underwraps.

Still, the phrasing of 'someone in the family' is taking the shock factor away and returning a certain cynical skepticism for how drastic this really is all gonna be, and they're just starting to stir the pot right before sweeps and the gack wedding, and will keep it simmering until it plays out.

I agree with a lot of what everyone's already brought up.

My next thought was, how did they handle the promo side of things when Vanessa Ferlito left, anyone remember?

So, they've already killed off a major character in Aiden, so it's not exactly taboo territory or new ground. (Hmm, interesting if they killed off Lindsay... the new addition would perpetually be a redshirt crewman in essence ever after... :lol:) They also had Gerrard shoot a guy. So they're not averse to doing big things to/with their characters, even major ones.

I'd love it to be Lindsay, and it would thereafter make a much more interesting run for Danny as a single father... I do wonder if Carmine's bored, and if Hill's got too many external obligations now, but TPTB've always apparently been flexible with the cast in accomodating other projects. Mebbe Anna wants to concentrate on her family, mebbe they'll off Sid, god help us I hope not but ya never know. Doubt it'll be Adam, I think they know he's become far too valuable to the show now, won't be Mac, won't be Stella, not after the whole storyline they gave her this season. Won't be Flack. Could be Angell, hope not, and wonder if they really would with the dangle of romance between her and Flack and the fact they've involved her in Stella's coin storyline.

Possibilities are then that a) it's really gonna be a series regular, or regular guest star; b) they could introduce someone toward the end of the season just to have us get to know them, or c) bring someone back who used to be on (eg. Sinclair, Pino, Maka, etc).

Mebbe it will be Sinclair...?

If it's a regular, I'm hoping Lindsay, I'm guessing Hawkes (nooOOooOOooo), Sid, Angell, or even Danny... But swear ta gad, if they off Danny and leave Lindsay on the show... :vulcan::wtf:

I admit. No real clue here. :p

2. celtess

celtess Rookie

I think is Angell to go away
    I love this actress but the geek's affaires, I affraid to be a last victims....
    It's not to the promo. But I thinks their a lot of potetial for flack's drama .Well I vote for Angell

3. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

^
    Hmm, that's a scary thought, but I dunno, I mean he is kind of the only thing propping her up. If Danny's gone they'll need the props department to rig up some kind of harness and pulley system, because I don't think she can so much as stay upright under her own power.:lol:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009
  4. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Frick. I bet it'll be Angell, just because of her connection to the Greek storyline, and people connected to that storyline seem to end up dead.

Is it wrong to hope that it'll be Lindsay, even though she's having a kid? Danny could be a single dad...

Hawkes has been underused... although would they really kill him off? I guess it's up to whether or not Hill wants to do other things.

Anna has the biggest probability of wanting to leave, though.

5. CSIDOLL

CSIDOLL Victim

Hi. New to this forum.

When reading this spoiler about a possible death in the finale, I had to comment :)

I think it will be Lindsay to go, with Anna being pregnant with her second child, I can see her wanting to spend more time with her daughter and new baby (when it comes). I don't want her 2 as I'd like to see the writers do more with her, away from danny, but I don't really see that happening.

6. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

That's exactly what I was thinking. Mac, Stella, Danny, Flack, Hawkes, or Lindsay is who I think of when I see that.

My obvious choice is Lindsay for several reasons. I don't like the character but it would explain rushing this pregnancy, baby, marriage storyline which never did make sense. They didn't even try to make the pregnancy a surprise since the spoilers came out somewhere around July. One would think they would have tried to keep it quiet.

Danny is great with angsty storylines. They said this pregnancy would revolve around how it affected Danny. Lindsay dying and leaving Danny with a child to raise would be perfect for that. We could see him struggle with being a single parent. That would be much better than saddling him with Lindsay forever.

I also thought of Angell but how big of an impact would that make. How would that change the line up since she's recurring? She and Flack aren't far enough along for it to make a big impact on him and he's good at hiding his feelings so he'd continue on. We wouldn't get the drama from him that we'd get with Danny.

My money is on Lindsay. I could be wrong but I'm going with her.

:guffaw: This made my day. ILU.:adore:

7. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

As much as it pains me to say this.. I think it is Hawkes. For as long as he has been with the show he should have had more story time by now. As much as I love Adam he is getting much more. I think they can be flexible with Lindsey now that we know she has "a child at home" to take care of she can have an excuse not to have much "face time" as she can be home with the baby. I see that Hill has just finished a new movie so with that and all of his other stuff going on he may be tired of waiting for more storylines.:(....Besides Lindsey seems to obvious.

8. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yeah, I was thinking that, too. Angell being gone wouldn't really change the line up.

I know--I wondered about this. Angell was working undercover on that, and we know the finale will involve the Greek storyline. So that did stick out as a red flag.

Welcome to the forum, CSIDOLL! Nice to have you here. :) I agree out of all of the cast, Anna is the one with the most obvious reasons for wanting to leave.

It's all felt a little too rushed and storybook happy ending to me. And there's not a lot of drama in that, or suspense. We've basically seen quotes from the EPs about the baby, the paternity and even the marriage--all before they happened on screen.

What better way to shock viewers than to pull the rug suddenly and swiftly out from under the "happy couple"?

Agreed. Danny and angst really go hand in hand, so he's a great character to put through this.

Yeah, I thought of that, too. Which isn't to say it couldn't be Angell. I really like her, but I agree that her death wouldn't have quite the impact that that of one of the characters in the opening credits would, but at the same time, I remember back in season four when Miami promoed a big death, and how they were going to lose one of their own...and it turned out to be Officer Jessop. No diss on Jessop, but he certainly wasn't a big character in the show. So, who knows....

9. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

I think with the most obvious reasons, it'll have to be Lindsay. Her dying would create some major drama angst for Danny, and I'm kinda guessing that maybe TPTB wanna go back to good ol' Danny. If the kid doesn't die with her (because that may be a possibility, allthough maybe not because it stated one character, not two), he'll have the pain, drama, and angst (no other word to describe it), but still he'll have to follow the path to growing up, being more mature, just because of the baby. That way, you please two kinds of crowds; the ones who want Season 1 Danny back, and those who appreciated the somewhat more mature Danny.

On another note, when it comes to storylines, Angell might be the one to get killed off. The plot with Stella and the Greek whateveritwas, keeping it hidden from Mac, might come as a major shock. Stella would feel guilty, Mac pissed off because he was fased out from Stella's "project", Flack would be seeking revenge (hey, there's the plotline for season 6! :rolleyes:), and the rest would be in deep mourning. On the other hand, this is NY. One person dies, the next day, no one might even remember.

10. CCA

CCA Police Officer

When they star line up it makes me think of one fo the people in the actual casts, so I honestly don't know. It's anybody's guess...I just hope it's Lindsey that would be my hope. Hawks he's half the time not even used when he should be.

I just...OMG I DON'T KNOW! I'm still in shock!

11. RearWindow

RearWindow Victim

If I had to pick one of the above, it would be Lindsay. I could see Anna wanting to be home with the kids and she adds absolutely nothing to the show. Please, please, please let it be her.

I'd hate for it to be Sheldon, Flack or Danny. If either one of them leaves, so do I.

12. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I think the single parent Danny idea would be good (hence it being Lindsay)
    I so don't think it'll be Mac or Stella. We can pretty much figure they're safe, they're kinda the leads so to speak, and we haven't heard anything of Gary or Melina wanting to leave like we did with Grissom/WP.

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

My pick---> Lindsay

Anna wants to be with her kids full time. Not suprise if she leaves

i DO NOT want to be Hawkes. He is a character with so much not-developed potential.

Danny could leave too so i'm torn

And personally i don't think they would kill Angell.

As long as Stella and Mac remain alive i will too ;)

In any case, as a fan show i am VERY AGAINST killing characters. I had been in this same side years ago with another show (Silk Stalkings) and it's not a pleasant experience (And i better do not remember Aiden)
    If they kill the character is because they don't want to hear the crowd asking for him/her to come back so again i say it's Lindsay or Danny but Lindsay has the biggest possibilities imho

Debbie :)

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Ok, I don't like this. I don't want any of them to die.

It better not be Flack, because I think I would cry for weeks. I hope its not Angell either because I kinda like them together.

I know it won't be Mac or Stella, again, I would cry for weeks if something happens to either of them.

I love them all...please don't take them away. :(

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

I haven't voted yet because I don't know who to vote for.
    Here's my take on things.

I don't think it'll be Mac, Stella, Lindsay, Adam or Sid. If they killed off Mac or Stella they might as well cancel the show. The chances of it being Mac I rank slim to none, closer to none. I rank Stella's chances halfway between slim and none.
    I've never seen a badge on Sid or Adam when they're out in the field. In Sid's case, out in the field would be "The Box" and in Adam's case it would be "Turbulence", last night's re-run, and "The Party's Over". So, I doubt either of them will be killed if the cop-killers are responsible. Plus, why bother adding A.J. Buckley and Robert Joy to the opening credits during the theme song this season if one of their characters is gonna be killed off at the end of the season?
    My money is on this being the episode when Lindsay gives birth, so she'll probably be at home or in the hospital having the baby. But she'll be somewhere safe.
    That leaves everyone else with a LARGE target on their back. In the last episode of season one, towards the end of the episode Mac says to Stella "This just came across my desk." and hands Stella that paper about Sheldon wanting to become a field CSI. That paper has a place that ask for a badge number and it gives one. If you freeze it at just the right moment, you can read the badge number. Plus I believe I've seen a badge on Sheldon in a few episodes since that one, including but not limited to the season 4 episode "Admissions" when him and Stella come out into the squad room where Mac and Flack are just before they all hear the gunshot from former Deputy Inspector Gerrard shooting his daughter's rapist. So if the cop-killers are responsible, that badge could cause them to think Sheldon's a cop.
    Or it could be Danny. He could be in the wrong place at the wrong time with no back up and his cell phone battery be dead so he can't call for help or back up. It could be Angell. She is helping Stella with that Greek coin case that Mac ordered Stella to back off of-("Forbidden Fruit") but she didn't. With the exception of Stella, it seems like everyone who has been involved with those Greek coins has ended up dead. It could be Flack. He could be trying to handcuff one of those cop-killers and before he can get the handcuffs on the guy, the guy gets free and kills Flack.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2009