Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hmm, let's see. I want moments between them every few episodes BUT in the episodes where there is not a significant moment between them I don't want them to act like there's nothing going on between them like in 7.15. A single smile or look would sufice cause in 7.15 they were just so serious and like 7.14 had not happened.

I do want to see them outside of work but I wouldn't mind if it were connected to a case. Like for example, an opening sequence with them going out dancing or something (I know Emily dances and it's not a stretch to think that Adam might too ;)) and someone gets shot and they are witnesses. It would be funny them trying to explain to Frank and the team what exactly they were doing there. But then again...

We will see them outside of work in 7.20 so we have that wish granted :)

As for them holding hands, kissing again, etc. yes I want it, I want it all!:lol:!! Not all in one episode, not even one after the other, but well spread out and with all the cuteness and hotness these two posess! :D

2. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

CoachMom
    I totally agree. I mean, I absolutely LOOOOVE Eric and Calleigh. They've been my favorites from the first episode I ever watched, but I don't want to see anything heavy between them/ too much during the episodes (It is called CSI:Miami not CSI: Eric and Calleigh) I made a comment about seeing little sprinkles of Eric and Calleigh here and there and I think that's all I need to see. I don't want it going overboard, just enough to keep me going LOL

3. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I agree with you EmilyRocks! I thing we should have litle bits and sprinkles every few episode and I don't like it when they act like their is nothing going on between them. They can at least have a smile, a small word, or some eye sex to let you know they are together and they care about whats going on between them.

I know that they don't want anyone knowing about their relationship, but to totally skip over the thing in the episode just seems strange when we all know what they are doing. I mean theirs always the broome closet or the gun vault to hide from people.

Heres a question How doo you think that Calleigh & Eric will be outed?

I think by some stupid rediculous bumble, look, or slip of the lip it will be Wolfe that lets the cat out of the bag. (Sorry Ryan Fans!) He can't lie very well when confronted by Stetler. He seems to be upset with them hiding it from them, and he may use it to his advantage to get out of trouble in the end! You never know some times about his loalty. One Min. I think hes onboard then he does something that makes me thing, yeah if you just had one chance you would roll somebody to save your own hide. but Thats just my opinion.!

4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Definitely not too much. I'd prefer to see something like every few episodes. I mean, leye sex (haha) and light banter between them is fine to me in like every episode or every other episode. I just don't want anything too major between them in every episode. That would just be too much, even for us shippers.:)

5. anamarya

anamarya Witness

just like everybody said....ya,i'll like to see smiles, jokes, looks... you know the kind of things that couples do when they're in a room full of people.... i could live with one of that every episode...it wpuld be like 3 seconds, so it wouldn't be too much.
    then,from time to time we could get some glimpses in their lifes...like leaving work with the same car, sharing a sandwich in the lunch break, stuffnot 100% work related.
    and then once, not more then 2 times a season they could show us more,even making it part of the show. you knowlike they showed us in NY Stella's date that became a crime scene.... i can imagine E/C going to dinner (a 3 month aniversary, or something) and ending up celebtrating by processing the scene.... that would ber privatebut still workrelated.

I('m not so sure that i made myself clear enough.... so tell me if i have to clarify something

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Loved the answers!

What grabbed my attention was Eric & Calleigh going out on a date - dancing sounded like a fantastic idea, there's wonderful potential there for unambiguous intimacy yet it'd still have to be limited to what's allowed in public - and then a murder could be committed in the same building. They'd have to be interviewed by their own teammates as witnesses, and there could be some great awkward tension between everyone.

Natalia: "Why are Calleigh and Eric here together?"
    Eric & Calleigh: "Oh god, is the whole lab gonna find out about us?"
    Ryan: "How come they got into this club? The bouncers never let ME in..." *grumbles*
    Horatio: "Looks like your night out... *pauses dramatically, slips on shades* ...has become our crime scene". *quickly exits*

Cue theme song: YEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!

:guffaw:

7. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Well I think that those kind of scenes are best seen in fanfictions and this is where they belong. I'm a die-hard hiphugger but I certainly don't want anything that mushy on the show. I must admit some spoilers made my skin crawl when I heard about them.
    the whole Eric daydreaming is simply too much. I know most of you thought it was cute, for me it's just unprofessional and I hope they won't do that. It just doesn't fit in CSI, even if it's Miami.

This is where I agree with people not wanting relationships between main or recurring cast. It has nothing to do with 'I'm not happy because this is not the ship I wanted'. My opinion stays the same whether it's a ship I like or not. I'd like to have some moments, some looks, maybe a little talk that gives us an hindsight about where they stand but nothing too long and nothing too pushy. I wouldn't mind a little skin if it's gracefully done and fitting. In ST Voyager I was always annoyed that they went from one episode with a lot of Tom and B'elanna in love and happy to one where they practically ignored each other. There needs to be a balance. It shouldn't be forced and it shouldn't be ignored.

I wouldn't want tptb to suddenly give us plenty of details about their off-time simply because Miami never did it. It would be a bad idea to start just to show EC. If they want to do it I want everyone involved. It's a question of balance. It's like chocolate... I adore it but I certainly wouldn't want to have too much of it at once. A little piece now and then is the way it should be.

8. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Personaly I love it all, I like a good balance in a show! I have to say I like those caught off gaurd moments when you are warchig and something happens out of knowwhere thats like either something said or and action that wasn't expected!

Kinda like when Natalia dislocated her arm and Eric popped it back and was soothing her and Stetler showed up and thought he caught some intament momment between them. Then actually got info out of Eric about calleigh and Jake getting him in trouble with Calleigh, Or maybe shes walking down the hall and all of a sudden gets jerked in the broom closet for a quick kiss and they are almost caught when Ryan opens the door to get something out and they act like they arn't doing anything!

I like the secrative part of them trying to hide from everybody. Its always funny to see how long they can go with out anyone finding out about it, & how many funny ways they come up with to almost let the cat out of the bag and taking bets on whos gonna find out first and where.

And of course they always have the old office pool going on everthing thats usually happening. When I worked in law enforcement we always did. We did some silly stuff to take our minds off of the bad thing we faced everyday! But i'd have to say we did have some good fun back in the day! Its all to PC and political for me now. I guess thats why I like the show so much. They can do stuff that you don't normaly get away with in real life now days.

E/C Reminds me of some of my life with the thrill of the Chase that Eric went throught to get his girl and now the secret stuff. When you have done that sort of thing and you see someone else doing sorta the same things on a TV show it is quite amusing to watch and think about how stupid & funny some of those thing really where when you did them, and you allso wonder how in the world you didn't get caught and fired when certain people knew what was going on. Lol! Oh to be young and single again and know the things I know now! Lol!

9. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I watched that episode other night! I love the bit when Eric says to Stetler ' .. what are you sniffing around about ? ..' I just found that so funny. Yeah I like the idea of Eric and Calleigh in the broom closet. When I was watching this episode the other night my mom was also kind of watching it and every time E/C were on screen together I'm like 'They love each other! They are together now ... yay!!!':)

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think that if the writers keep on doing EC the way they have they can show us a lot and do it in the right way. There was a lot of talk about how EC was going to take over monday's episode because of the promo and it was nothing like that. We got two great, deep, romantic scenes that went smoothly with the rest of the episode and left room for the rest of the cast and case. So I think that the writers are capable of achieving that balance. What does worry me is that we get episodes were a la 7.15 they act like they are just another co-worker. I think they can show us that there's more without doing something major or even having a conversation about it. This next episode for example IMO should have something in that line cause 7.16 was major, so a glance or a smile should be there. If they go about like nothing has changed it would just be weird. Maybe they had been seeing each other before that but in 7.16 it became official to us the audience, so we should have a little something after it.

Sometimes I read spoilers and I just can't imagine how it'll be projected on the show and when I see it I go oh that's how and it makes sense. So maybe somethings we have read sound kind of weird but when we see them they'll make more sense.

11. anamarya

anamarya Witness

actually what you said is making a lot of sense and i think that a big part of us is agreeing with you. they have to address the issue and they can do it without being too much.they showed us that they can by doing the great job with the balance lately, especially on mondays episode.

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I think that EC has potential of being a great storyline. I really want to see glances and smiles in every episode. 7.15 was a stand alone episode, but now that EC is official, I think they should address it in a way. I would like to see some eye sex, maybe some comments about their relationship or something like that. It would be nice if every once in a while we saw something more, but not dramatic, like if Calleigh was disturbed with something, Eric could take her hand and tell her not to worry, that everything is alright.

We'll see this episode in less than two weeks, and we'll know about that daydream of Eric's. I think that's cute, but only if it's done the right way. Do you guys remember the promo for 6.14 and Eric's dreamy look while Calleigh was apparently in a wedding dress? It looked like something weird, but it turned out to be okay, IMO. Maybe writers have some kind of idea for this scene and it will be okay. We'll just have to wait and see.

13. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I guess I really want to see the relationship develop romantically just as much as the next person. I'd really hate to have to wait so long for this to happen and then not get anything to keep me interested from here on out. I do think that too much sap and fluff isn't what truly makes CSI:Miami, but a little sprinkle here or there works just as well. For example, how we saw them in Sink or Swim. They didn't have but 2 scenes together and that was enough to satify my E/C appetite. We don't want to overkill and turn it into a soap opera, so what the writers have been doing is fine for me. I will, however, admit that when there aren't any of those moments, I lose my mind and say "What gives??"

14. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Personally I would love to see them as often as it possible, but also I don't want it to be a soap opera like you guys said ;).
    It all depends on how writers would like to play this thing. I totally agree with you that the last episode was perfectly balanced and E/C scenes didn't cover the whole episode. So if it will be this way in all episodes I don't see the reason to limit their scenes together. :thumbsup:
    I'd like to see more private life, but not only Eric and Calleigh's, but the rest of the team too.
    As for E/C scenes it'd be nice to see them kissing or holding hand sometimes and like I said more their private life could be a nice change and it would create a great possibilities to show them together after work. I think everyone would love to watch how their relationship is developing. It don't have to be insolent, it really can be subtle. I believe writers can do it if they want.:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  15. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I think one thing I really would like to see the writers do is go back to the old formula of writing that they used in seasons 1 & 2. Those 2 season were in my opinon Fun to to watch because the team was so together back then. I always liked how they all meet in the layout room and everybody gave their 2 cents about the case. Thats one thing that made the team seem so united together. I'm sad that they have drifter away from that. Their was alway some light hummor about something.

I really miss Speed's sarcastic moments to with people. They just haven't captured that with anyone else. They seem like they have kinda incerted Frank into the sarcastic role and I love Frank's little remarks, but they are still missin that certain dynamic that really brings them together.

I also like it when they all end up working the same case. I know that more than one person can die at a time, but I would much rather see them work as a team on one case and not be split apart.

I also wish that Alex was still there. I think the show is really gonna miss out on some great scenes with the E/C relationship without Alex there to give them her motherly advise, and we want get that Alex sarcastic whit that only she can supply.

Hopefully they will get the romance ballenced out in the new Episodes. I guess we'll know soon enough. Most people that are mad about the all E/C promo last week need to stop and realize that it was all for show ratings during sweeps week. Aparently it worked they tuned in. Has anyone heard how many viewers they pulled last week and we'r they were rated compaired to the other shows on TV !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.