Aiden Burn

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by CSIFANATIC, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CSIFANATIC

CSIFANATIC Hit and Run

I was just wondering if anybody else thought the writers of episode 223 (Heroes) had a sick sense of humour. He made Aiden Burn. He must of laughed about that for weeks. :lol:

2. csiwendy07

csiwendy07 Dead on Arrival

Yeahh, I noticed that too, and I didn't really like it. I think she should have went out some other way.

3. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I notice now you mention it ;)

May i say it was the most stupid way to get rid of a delightful character? (even if Vanessa didn't want to come back to film once in a while)

I still miss her!

Debbs

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Dag Nabbit! I had a good reply, and teh dang thing eated it.

Anyways. I noticed it the first time I saw the episode. Definitely a very bad pun.

I don't like the fact they killed her off in the first place, but I do understand that if Lindsay didn't work out, the fans couldn't clamor for Aiden to come back if she was dead. However, I didn't like the whole DJ Pratt storyline, or her coming back to just get killed. If they wanted to kill her off, why couldn't they just kill her in the line of duty. That would have been a lot better than her compromising evidence, or thinking about it, because IMO that was just way OOC for her, and a bad writing decision.

5. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

As I recall she wanted off the show - so I guess that was their way of writing her out of it.

6. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

Yeah, she wanted off the show. I don't necessarily have a problem with her leaving, it's just the way it was done that bothered a lot of us. It wasn't necessary and they definitely could have done something better with it, IMO.

7. CSI Catie

CSI Catie Civilian

I do find it ironic how you mention it.

As previously said up ^there^, it would stop fans asking for her to come back to the show. Running up until the time Aiden was fired, it was seen that the case never left her mind, making her lose her job and eventually her life. I find it clever how they used such a good storyline for Ferlito leaving the show, using a case that would probably get to quite a few people too. A man repeatedly raping a woman but leaving no evidence and getting no justice at all, is certainly something I wouldn't forget if I was a CSI.

I do miss Burn though, but Ferlito felt it was time to move on from CSI:NY.

8. 11krage

11krage Dead on Arrival

I quite liked that fact, but then again I am a little obsessed with irony. In are more plot sense way I liked the factors it brought to it. For one, up till then in most shows all main charaters die in dramatic ways, but never does the death ruin their oh so pretty facial features, I do like a change of pace. Plus for me, since watching that episode I felt much more whenever they found a Jane or a John doe, because thats what she started as, so it made me think much more about loved ones who don't know whats happened to them.

Also the pain at never knowing exactly what happened to her (not sure if they managed to find out if she was dead prior to the fire?) also, pretty sure they couldn't be sure whether or not the rapiest had in fact raped her before killing her. The not knowing was I felt much more dramatic.

9. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

I completely agree. When thinking about the episode I'd wonder what exactly happened to her.