Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yes I love Cal's lighter side. All through that last scene we saw her being playful, flirty, and happy. Plus it was pretty evident that she simply could not keep away from him :lol:. When you compare her reaction with her kiss with Jake and now you see a huge difference. While he kissed her she kind of opened her eyes and IMO didn't exactly look like she was enjoying the kiss. To be fair maybe it was she was taken by surprise. But then she just looked plain guilty. Last night, besides the fact that it was HER who actually inititated the kisses, she looked happy and relaxed and playful. I love this Calleigh.

Oh and delkolover now you could add "TO CANON" in your signature... :D

2. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Did anyone else notice that when Calleigh was talking with Eric at the detention center she was playing with her fingers? And that nervous laugh when she said "That's alright". She was totally nervous and worried for Eric and their relationship if he was deported. Although if it had come down to it, she would have proposed! :lol::thumbsup:
    Calleigh: I happen to like the lie.

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Yes!! You read my mind.. but its for the USA Today article. I took it a step further and did some investigative work which got me in contact with the photographer and here's what he had to say...

"The shoot was for a story in USA TODAY. Whatever runs in the paper and on the website is all that is available." Robert Hanashiro.

Not sure if I could actually quote someone on here, but he responded to my email and that's what he said. So it looks like the picture that came out in the article is the only one we'll see. :( I'm hoping that isn't so...but I got it from the photographer's mouth himself...sorry guys. Makes me :censored::klingon:

4. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

If I remember right, her birthday just passed on Feb. 28. I've seen a few birth years for her and considerng all the education and experience she's supposed to have (10 years in Miami at the end of season 4 One of Our Own) plus the bare minimum of 2-3 years on patrol in New Orleans (told Ryan about that in Driven), my guess is that Calleigh is close to Emily's own age because at this point she's actually in her 13th-ish year in Miami, add say, 3 year on NOPD/ Academy, plus four years of college and you get a rough guestimate of about 39. Any younger would be unreal...okay, this is Miami and it is Calleigh, but still. I did my calculation based on being 18 when graduating high school and then the four years to earn her degree, which puts her at 23.

5. nicksarafan2

nicksarafan2 Pathologist

Hi,

I don't really know what to say that hasn't been said allready, but I will say that I liked the episode, and that finally a couple I like onn a show has gotten together!!

I have waited so long for this :)

well thats all for now :)

BTW: loved the ending, I felt like the writers went to fanfic.net, and just put a bunch of stuff in there that they read that fans wanted to happen, it was great :)

SMW

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Yeah I know...I asked Leela when she gets a chance to add that to my sig :D

Welcome nicksarafan2 :D

It was nice to see her "take the reins" so to speak mainly b/c we have seen so much of this ship from Eric's side. Although before the kiss, I would really say she was the one who initiated the moving forward part of this when she demanded to know how he felt. That was big....he has been quiet b/c, as we have all said, he knows how she is.....he knows pushing is bad idea. So when she pushed for answer, albeit it took her almost dying, he did stepped up. I think before her ordeal in 714 he was actually attempting to "court" her....to let her know how he felt w/o overwhelming her.

7. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

Lol, nope! ;) That's Lucy's. :D Wish I'd thought of it though, 'cause it's totally an awesome idea. I did just post my post-ep, though, if anybody happens to be interested.

Oh, this episode. Where does one even begin? :D First of all, it was awesome and we are canon. :D Calleigh being the one to initiate the kiss makes me happiest of all. :adore: And TWICE! :D

But okay, I've watched the episode twice, and both times, I got a different impression. The first time, I was kind of disappointed because it seemed like what Emily said, that we were joining EC in an established relationship, and I totally wanted to see the relationship start, the first kiss, etc. But the second time around, I kind of got the impression that maybe it was the beginning of their relationship. I'm sure when I watch it the third time, I'll get a different impression though, so don't mind me. :lol: The conversation in the detention center about doing things together now - obviously that struck me as their being in an established relationship, but then in the end, there was just something about the way Calleigh kissed Eric that made me think, hmm, maybe not. I'm sure Eric is going to look dreamy like that anytime Calleigh kisses him, but the way he looked at her kinda gave me chills, like it was the most significant moment of his life when he's just realized all his dreams were coming true.

What really gets me thinking though is the 'putting you in danger' thing. To me, it seems like Eric would've held himself back from her completely during this whole ordeal, because simply being with her would've put her in danger, I would think. So his saying "I don't want to put you in danger" doesn't really fit for me if they've been in an established relationship for 2 episodes, but then Calleigh's words at the detention center don't fit... (But then again, maybe the ambiguity is a good thing, because it makes more fic ideas possible, heh.)

Or maybe in saying that, Eric was just being coy and trying to get her to kiss him again. :D Smart boy. :lol: I think I like that idea better anyway. ;)

8. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

SQUEEEE
    juss kidding guys. i really do have something to say. lots actually. and because I don't want to get in trouble for not having spoiler boxes and the like,
    and here we go
    Hiphugger Scene 1
    this was beautifully written. Its probably my favorite scene all season, and one of the top out of this entire series. Well done writers! I love how they are leaned in towards each other, like they crave the company. Which they do. When Calleigh says, "Why didn't you say anything to me?" I knew that they were past the level of just dating. They are in love. She is so concerned about him being safe that she doesn't say "Why are you in prison?" or "Why dont you tell me anything?" It was a very sensitive question, because she knows he is having a rough time.
    LOVE LOVE LOVED the quote of "We're supposed to do stuff together now, right? All the stuff you said to me at the hospital about us..." and when he responds "I meant all of it." I cried. Because that quote is pretty much synonmous with "I love you. And I want to make sure that this is what we do, because frankly, I suck at relationships. And you said things that I thought were true, and I still do think that they are true." and his response was "I love you. And this is what we are supposed to be doing. And I won't let anything stand in the way of that because I love you so much. And those words were so unbeleivably true."
    "I happen to like the lie. You could have told me."- I love you unconditionally. Even if you are a jailbird, even if you love me so much that you don't want me to find out the bad things that exist, even if you aren't technically who you are supposed to be. Because I just can't imagine loving anyone else but you."
    SIGH.
    AND DON't EVEN GET MY BOOTAY STARTED ON THE LAST SCENE.

i watch it repeatedly like im addicted. oh wait, i already am.
    I think what I like best about it was the fact that they kept that special element that only hiphuggers have. I call it "lobe" because its fun and flirty and its zesty and sexy and sensual and beautiful and enjoyable and natural. Which is pretty much their relation ship from the beginning.

Seeing this episode made me turn around and realize a lot of things. IT showed me why I watch CSI:Miami in the first place. It showed me why I have been rooting for Calleigh and Eric from the beginning. It showed me why they belong together.

Because I don't think I have seen a relationship like theirs on television before. I have only seen them in real life. Maybe that's why I love em. They are so natural. Like smiles and giggles, they go together. They have that 'X' factor that I honestly think makes or breaks a relationship. Hell, I think they invented the X factor. Calleigh and Eric are the epitome of love. Shit, I think that any two people who can go through all that and come out the other end (even a lil messy) are soul mates.

Who is with me?

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

After that last scene: I can imagin Calleigh's house right now... gun in her kitchen cabinet next to the ketchup, under the sink in the bathroom, some stuffed in her safe and as someone said: under pillow. :lol:

Nice, I mean, nice cooking. Just having him coming back for more.

A real fun-loving relationship. That's the best palyed out and most favourable on tv.

off topic: Guess wat song just started to play on my itunes?
    My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion!

EC to the world!

10. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am with you 110%. The smiles and the giggles are just too adorable between them. You are right, I don't think I have ever seen a relationship like this on TV (or in my real life) that has gone through this much and still managed to survive.

Eric & Calleigh are the epitome of soul mates and true love, like you said. The trials and tribulations of their relationship will only make them stronger.

I absolutely love how Calleigh told Eric that its her turn to protect him. We have all seen how protective they are of each other. Together, they will be a force to be reckoned with.

Calleigh was absolutely glowing when she was with Eric after he was released from the detention center. You can not deny a woman in love

Last edited: Mar 4, 2009
  11. VirGodess1923

Calleigh's comment about having a gun collection had me thinking. Imagine they try and come after Eric at her house and then they both look at each other and get crazy, come out guns blazing. I could see her throwing Eric a gun and they start shooting at their attackers together...a little Matrix-y but I see that happening. That's such a hot, tough, cop couple scene. ;)

12. delkolover

What you mean like a scene from "Mr. & Mrs. Smith" ?:lol: Those two had guns hidden all over the house in that movie! I wouldn't be suprised if Cal has them hidden in just about every room of her house :lol:...including the bathroom!

Something tells me her gun vault is HUGE! So huge that it probably has its own room :lol:

Just posted some new spoilers on ep 722 in the spoiler thread....didn't see anything for E/C but that doesn't make a difference....

Corey has already confirmed he wrote something for them...probably a little cute sarcastic scene ;)

I pose a question to you all: Do you guys think that Cal's statement about her protecting Eric, even though it was light hearted, is a type of foreshadowing for something? Either concerning them, or the ongoing storyline of the season?

13. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

As for Calleigh's comment about protecting Eric, well, it could and the writers are just sneaky enough to pop some foreshadowing in. Remember "I might just kill Speedle" from Lost Son?

About the kisses: I kind of thought that's how it would go. I mean, with Calleigh being the aggressor and all. Did anyone catch the whispered "No" right before she kissed him the first time? It was like she was trying to tell him to stop worrying already; that he wasn't going to go through it alone.

Like I said, I kind of figured out that Calleigh would be more aggressive and passionate in what she wanted while I figured that Eric would be more tender and almost reverent. Consider how long he's been chasing her. Now he has her, not grudgingly, but fully and I don't think he wants to do a single thing to scare her or worry her or be too rough with her until he knows what she wants. She's not just for now for him, but forever. I don't see the first time with them to be the up against the wall stuff, but more exploring and gentle. Not that there wouldn't be passion, just learning each other's bodies and what they like. Oh, somebody has to write that and definitely not me. I'm the angst writer and medical crises writer. I don't do lovemaking scenes and that's what it would be with them: making love. Am I right?

14. delkolover

I think Kristine said it best about these two in her review of the ep....

They are cute together...something none of the CSI's have touched on in the ship's they have done thus far. GSR tended to be more angst filled and there seemed to be some deeper repression where their relationship was concerned. D/L is more the type of "work" relationship you have with a co-worker. They tend to show them and their "scenes" almost all while they are at work or are working a case; showing the more serious side of a ship...as Kristine says they tended to be more standoffish before this season and the pregnancy.

E/C's cuteness along with their sex appeal, I think is what pulled me into this ship all those years ago...their playful banter back in season 1 and their often not so subtle lingering looks (Death Grip), the innuendo filled "no midnight tiptoe" comment and the signature hip hug, all sealed the deal for me. Not to mention that they are a very good looking ship ;) E/C shows how a deep rooted friendship can grow into something more while being fun, cute and exciting. Considering the "darker" turn this season has and will ultimately take, it is nice to see a ray of sunshine admist the darkness.

15. VirGodess1923

Exactly, delkolover! I couldn't remember the movie - thanks! She has to have them everywhere in her house for easy access in case something like that happens

To answer your question, I think that was a hint to us that something will happen because even though his father came and got him out, in the beginning, he said lifting the hit on him was easier said than done. Plus after his release, Eric made mention to Calleigh that he didn't want her getting hurt. I'd think that's because trouble is still out there following him and it may come down to Calleigh having a hand in protecting him further down the line.

Kristine definitely hit it right on the nail! Light hearted and oh so cute!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.