Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

"I happen to like that lie" very cute!!

My favorite line though is when he says, "Maybe I met someone on the inside." and she replies the she sure he can't cook as well as she does. Made me... lol. As did the guns comment.

The kisses....very appropriate for a public place. Not 'sloppy' or gushy. Just enough to show that she cares but not enough that a passer-by would go...'get a room!'

Snack at the detention center: $4.50 (?)
    Great lawyer defending you: $500/hr
    The look on Eric's face when Calleigh kisses him: PRICELESS!

2. Dina_Wizy

Dina_Wizy Hit and Run

Many of you already told correct things about this episode. Awesome epi!!!!!!

I need the balance of characters in any episode, (actually, I'm not against full "E/C episode", but I don't wish to see a hysterics in occasion of hyper-their). In epi 7-16 this balance was kept. All persons got them time, despite of set of characters!

Sorry, I have a question ( please, don't be angry, mods, I read here only 1,5 years) - when during 4-th season E spent some time with B V, did you, Hiphuggers fans, create thread about hostility to this couple? I ask not for discussion, but for knowledge about this fact.

3. scottylass

scottylass Dead on Arrival

:DWow I loved this episode, not just for the E/C stuff but the storyline was really good too. "I happen to like the lie" was the sweetest line, and her jokes about marriage,cooking him "American" food and her gun collection were awesome. It is obvious that Cal is so much more comfortable in this relationship with Eric than any other we've seen. She was so open and affectionate with him-the hugs, touching and initiating the "shut up" kisses-way to go writers! I can't wait to read all the post-ep fanfics that I'm sure will be forthcoming. I hope to see alot more of these intimate moments in future episodes; a look, a smile, a touch or even a "see you tonight?" will keep my shipper heart happy.:hugegrin:

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am still in hiphugger heaven. I have watched and rewatched these scenes over and over again.

I wish we could have known the extent of their conversation while she was in the hospital. Though I love Eric's answer to her when he said that he meant all of it. Calleigh's face was full of worry the entire time her & Horatio were working to get this thing figured out. I am pretty sure Horatio knows what is going on with them as he knows all. :lol:

The look on both their faces when he steps out of the detention center was well worth the wait. It speaks volumes about their love for each other. Eric doesn't want to put Calleigh in harm's way and she can't imagine letting him be in harms way without her. That my friends is love at its best.

5. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Well we were given some insight as to what they seemed to have discussed while she was in the hospital when she told him they are supposed to do things together now and he told that everything he told her was true and he meant it.

We can't see everything....there just isn't enough time for the writers to get everything in and to get in and have it make sense. I would rather infer what they talked about based on what little she said last night. I think the writers want us to do that as well. Plus it gives the writers the opportunity to, at a later date in a later ep, say that something else was also said while she was in the hospital. Nice little loophole for them imo :D

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  6. emmalouise

emmalouise Victim

I am in love with the episode.
    Well, the episode on a whole was okay - i must say though, as much as i love csi miami, EC is really the only thing keeping me tuned in.

I am really really glad that they wrote (and acted) it how they did. They could have made it overly sappy, or not-very-emotional, or down right cringeworthy but it wasnt. It was lovely. I was actually quite worried that they were going to do one of the previously mentioned things, so it was a relief when i watched it.

This might have been on pages and pages before this, and i've had a little look but it was all in vain - can anybody link me up with the EC photoshoot pictures? Or did i dream it and they dont exist? :confused: Haha

we've gone canon :drool:

7. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

OMG I have been watching the scenes over and over again. love the scene at the detention center when calleigh was saying that "We need to do stuff together now" and I also loved when she incorporated the hospital scenes and what Eric had said before in their conversation.

I also loved the kiss between them. and I am so glad that we got two kisses. Although they were quick, they lit my little shipper heart up. well now that ship is sailing, hopefully to a happily ever after. I think that I liked the second kiss better than the first. The second kiss seemed a lot more like a shut up kiss then the first one. I also laughed when Calleigh says that she has the safest house in Miami, then asks Eric if he knows how many guns she owns. That just cracked me up.

I am really hoping that the two kisses won't be the only kisses we get this season.

Oh and before I forget. Does anybody have any information on the photo shoot that Emily and Adam had???

8. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I absolutely LOVED this episode! There was so much going on. The writers don't normally write two major storylines in one episode! I was surprised with all the twists and turns! I was balling my eyes out when Derek (Sean Combs) was contesting to the character of Eric in front of that judge. Even though he dug up the dirt on Eric and the team for his case, I think that in the end he regretted it. That along with his talk with Horatio at the end, was Derek's way of apologizing. Well onto my hiphugger review! (sorry got a little off track)

Calleigh and Eric's kiss was amazing! It was so sweet and tender. Just as I thought Calleigh would do! And it was HER that kissed HIM! You go girl! I loved when she went to visit him in jail the way they were talking. When she said "I happen o like the lie." I wish she would have said "I happen to LOVE the lie" oh well LOL! It is obvious some amount of time has gone by since she was hospitalized. And let me just say..."I was going to marry you..." OMG! :eek: Even though she was just joking at the time, I believe she would have if it had come down to it. She wouldn't have let him go! I don't know about you all, but I don't think this was their first kiss. I'm thinking that happened after he drove her home from the hospital. I would have liked to see their first kiss, but I will settle for that! Calleigh's last line "You protected me, I protect you" really sums up how deeply they care for one another! Yeah for Calleigh and Eric!:thumbsup:

9. electra

electra Pathologist

All I have to say is that after that episode,I can't even picture Eric and Calleigh with anyone else.I mean,the depth of feelings for each other is hard to find once so an extra person would always feel like a third wheel.They had a strong friendship and that's why this relationship seems so solid.I am not saying everything would be perfect but I had a Ross and Rachel kind of feeling with last night episode.

And it also seem like they didn't take over the show either.;)

10. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

ITA!! There was a lot going on in this episode, but it wasn't confusing. The episode grabbed my attention. I loved it!! Kudos to the writers for an amazing show!

I loved the last scene between Eric and Calleigh, the joking around and the kiss. It was great!! I loved her comment about how many guns she has and about protecting him like he did her. It was adorable!!

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

You know I'm really happy about them finally getting it together. For years Eric was such a player and girls were always chasing him down wanting to be with him. He would always back up when they got too serious with him and now he chased Calleigh for a long time and she finally gave in. I think she wanted to give him a little chase because if he was willing to keep it up and mean what he says, she was happy to oblige. The tables were turned.

After he got shot, his confidence and self assurance was near non-existent. She helped him, pushed him, made him feel like he could be himself again. She took the rap for him after that whole "cheat sheet" incident and helped him on his first day back after he screwed up on top of many things on many occasions. She told him they needed him but really meant she needed him. She never told him he wasn't good enough or he couldn't do it. I totally agreed with Diddys speech on his character last night. He's one awesome man for working every day with a bullet frag stuck in your brain. Calleigh and he deserve each other. After watching the scenes of them over and over it all makes too much sense.

The scene of her at the lab with Horatio mustve been nerve-racking for her only because it showed her fear, anxiety, nervousness, anger and hope all in one. If you listen a little closely, she even snapped at Ryan when he asked them a question. The tone in her voice was of frustration.

At the detention center, she was hopeful and I feel that eased him a bit and made the situation lighter, although it wasnt a light situation at all. To me it also looked like he tried to look "ok" for her when she was there not to worry her, but she was the one in turn that made him feel "ok" an know that they would beat this. The sad look on is face before they got him out broke my heart. There is a comfort level with those two and they almost make it look so easy. Again, that kiss is not the first, but you can tell he felt that first one in his spine.;) I can't get enough of this episode, nor can I get enough of them.

12. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Yes as long as it's about your ship which that's all I've seen. ;)

Nope, they're not needed as long as it's aired in the entire US so after 2am EST (-5 GMT), no more dreaded spoiler boxes for that episode.

Also, I removed a YouTube link that was the EC scenes since only CBS approved videos can be posted in this thread.

13. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Calleigh's "You protected me, now I'll protect you" line was adorable! The way she said it in her cute, feminine southern voice I was just awwing. And I mean look at her; blonde, short, cute little voice. If it were anybody but Calleigh Duquense I know I would be doubtful.
    And just they way Eric was looking at her the whole time. He's done. Taken. It's soo freaking cute to watch his face around her, the way his jaw goes its just adorable. *swoons* ;)

By the way, has anyone heard anything about the photoshoot they did for CBS, like when the pictures are going to be released etc? :)

14. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Rewatched some scenes and I realized that we now have Eric's birthdate. December 27, 1976 (the birth certificate says 27/12/76 --dd/mm/yy). Do we have Calleigh's birthday?

I am happy with the ammount of E/C we have gotten. Enough to satisfy us but not enough to take over the show.

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It was nice to see the "lighter" side of Calleigh at the end of the ep....That was something I was really hoping that this ship would bring out of her...the more playful and joking side of her; especially given the "heaviness" of the situation Eric faced she was still able to joke about marrying him and cooking him dinner after all turned out well.

Corey said he took a lighter, more sarcastic tone with E/C in 722 (which we now know is entitled "Dead on Arrival" so far) which is nice b/c considering what both Emily and Donahue said about Cal having consistently being with the wrong guy; one would hope the "right" guy would bring out the playful and lighter side of someone who has been through so much as of late.

Yeah Cal's b-day is 2/28/74

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.