EDeN (Eric/Natalia) #2: All about chemistry & forbidden fruit!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mjszud, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

i thought no one will tune-in tonight's episode.. i was curious so i did..
    EDeN scene - i thought it was good because we barely see them together on screen (dammit TPTB bring back the old Eric!). Indeed, Natalia was getting all mad, she was guarding him.. and after the scene with Eric - you could still see her shaking.. actually one of her co-worker asked if she's alright (awww poor Natalia).
    E/you-know-who scene at the end when she says something about "i will protect you, and you will protect me".. hmmmm i didnt see you-know-who protecting him earlier at the lab. it was Natalia protecting him :thumbsup: (i smell something fishy here TPTB :shifty:) so have faith EDeN's fans we will get through this :)

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  2. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

I know! I rewound my DVR and watched it again.:p I almost didn't watch tonight, but I decided to watch it anyway, because it's still one of my favorite shows!
    Yeah, that scene made me smile! I definitely was NOT expecting Natalia to react like that at all. :eek:
    "Ma'am, step away."
    "No YOU step away!"
    It really shows that there is still at least a very deep friendship between the two, if nothing else. This scene tonight gives me more hope for what we were talking about earlier... the possibility of seeing EDeN back together next season! :D All in all, I wasn't disappointed by this episode (even certain scenes, they were cute, I suppose...), it was an interesting look into Eric's past. I'm really psyched for next week, looks like a good one!

On a side note, I really liked Natalia's hair in this episode, lol.
    That "Good job, Aquaman" line was cute too!:adore:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2009
  3. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

sorry i always forget!

4. beautifuldisaster

oh yea i loved that part!!!! and it almost looks like shes stayin dark but goin back to the old hair styles again!!!!! i think i will def go try to find the scenes of them together on youtube to watch over and over!!!! i think if he marrys calleigh hes makin a bigggg mistake! sorry i had to say it!

5. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I was awaiting the moment between Eric & Natalia 'cause I knew from spoilers that she would be there when he was arrested. Let me tell you, it was not what I expected.
    Natalia showed an enormous protective side to Eric & I absolutly loved it - man can that girl get angry!! :p
    I also loved that Eric had his hands gestured to keep Natalia back & when the man said he was going to detain her, Eric then said "ok, I'll go". Methinks he was looking out for Nat as well. ;) There was also a quick moment when she herself had her hands near his arm as if she was trying to keep him there....like she was saying "no, you can't take him". Beautiful!

Then of course there was the ending look between them - Natalia stared on as he got in the elevator & they flashed on his face, & then on hers, both with worry in thier eyes...soooo very telling, I think.
    There is definitly still some lingering there. I know Natalia is a wonderful person at heart & she would do anything for her team, but we saw something different with her last night with Eric - she immediatly jumped in & raised hell without even knowing what it was about. Way to go, my girl - loved her pointing her finger at that guy!! :thumbsup:

I loved the aquaman comment too. :lol:
    I hope Eric will eventually take off his blinders & see what's right in front of him. Nat proved to me last night that she would do anything for him, & protect him, & that no matter what idiotic choices he makes - she remains by his side.
    Yes indeed - there is always hope for thier future!

6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

Anyways, I was lurking in my usual threads when I came across this... I think it accurately describes what's going on with Eric and Natalia. Thanks for the insight Anne!

So what do you guys think of this?

I swear I almost fell out of my chair when that happened! I just remember thinking that it's about time she said something... not to mention she got him out of that mess by figuring out who stole his birth certificate. *does happy dance* And the Aquaman comment was the cherry on top! I love that the flirty snarking is making an appearance... I doubt that it's the last of EDeN 'cause Natalia's got his back no matter what.

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Hmmm *looks over Karu's post* a Miami bible, huh?
    Well, it makes sense yes, but still a little confusing. First of all, whether or not the chemistry was undeniable between Adam & Eva, TPTB STILL chose to at one time put them together in a more than canon kinda way...soo...didn't that already break the rules of this "bible"?
    Did TPTB HAVE to make Eric & Natalia in a relationship even though they oozed with chemistry? No, they didn't - they could have easily kept them just friends the entire time...so I still ask.....what was the point of EDeN being the first Miami canon couple then?! ;)

BTW, thank you Anne, whoever you are, wherever you may be floating.
    Anyway, I do totally agree with that. I think it's more than obvious that TPTB knew (& still know) that A&E's chemistry is just there (as said effortlessly) so they choose to eliminate them during this storyline in an attempt to making it "work".
    Well, ya know, if they can break the rules of this "bible" as they did in season 4 then hey......they can break it again. :thumbsup:

8. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

I think they were trying to do something so that the chemistry between them would dull or at least try to relieve some of the sexual tension... you know that there's this assumption that things aren't as exciting anymore now that the pair is canon. I don't think they expected the pairing to have that spark that they had. TPTB probably needed to cool it off, thus leading to Natalia and Eric 'taking a break'. *pokes TPTB* But seriously, what's wrong with changing your mind? You had a good thing going on with EDeN...

9. mjszud

mjszud Captain

mmm, I dunno. In all honesty, I think it always looked like Natalia was specifically created to match Eric. For years I didn't come to message boards to hear all the gossip & wants from fans - I just watched the show & saw how it all was unraveling.
    When Natalia was introduced & we learned more about her, I could see that she was being made a match for him. Eric was the guy who loved to protect & here Natalia was this woman with an abusive past, & she was someone who never minded being protected. If anything, this is probably something she will always take into consideration with men, given her past. She stands on her own too, but having the security of knowing that a man would never hurt her the way her ex did is probably something major in her eyes. This is something she can always trust in Eric.

They both also tended to wear thier hearts & thier sexuality on thier sleeves. From what I could see was that Eric & Natalia both fit each others "styles" & wants. Natalia was also married & that gave the impression that she was more the "love" type, the type we could see in a relationship, whereas a lot of the others were most of the time all about thier jobs. Eric as well, though he wandered through every woman in Miami, you could see that a love story fit his character.
    To me, it just showed that the way they had originally developed these characters was to be a perfect fit for one another.

After the 180 in mid-season 5, it looks to me as if they HAD to change Eric's character along with Natalia & Calleigh's just to make the other pairing fit. But from the beginning, I absolutely think that they were making EDeN a perfect match in how they were developing the characters, even as individuals - they were the perfect candidates to be in a love story - others weren't even close - they had to completely change the characters & thier backstories even to begin it.

They can change the characters all they want, & I still won't buy it. Natalia is still a perfect candidate for Eric & vice versa...besides, there is a saying that history always repeats itself. ;)

10. ch3r12y

ch3r12y Witness

11. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks for the vid and pics, ch3r12y. :) I still haven't watched the ep yet. But, I watched that vid. The looks Eric and Nat shared as he got in the elevator were very telling. Yep, it's still there. Sooner or later they gotta both realize that. ;)

12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

WOOOHHOOOO!! You are so awesome Ch2r12y!! I had to watch the video over & over again :D

Ya know, watching it for the second time ( & 3rd & 4th) I can't help but get the biggest tickle over the both of them trying to protect each other.
    Take note of when Eric finally got angry - it was when the guy was telling off Natalia, & Eric finally yells that he'll go but that they need to step back. Yeah, you don't fool me, Eric, you wanted them to step back from detaining your 'Talia! :thumbsup:

Oh heck yes!! :p

13. beautifuldisaster

i think theyre just tryin to pair up calleigh and eric to show eric that its really him and nat that are supposed to be together!!!! =) that was def the best part of that episode though!!!!!! when she called him "aqua man" and the smile they both got was just simply amazin!!!!! i love how she calls him all these names! its so cute! but that whole scene was just amazin and i think TPTB did it on purpose! hopefully *crosses fingers*

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Yeah, it's kind of funny how they threw that Eden scene (and a very powerful one at that) into this particular episode. Anyway, besides "romeo" and "aquaman", can anyone think of anything else she's called him? I can't think of anything else, but it's cute when she does it. :D

15. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Natalia is just a much healthier alternative for Eric. He's already suffered through too much stress from his shooting, & loads of confusion from "other storylines". Natalia has a much warmer vibe with him, everything seems natural, & less chaotic for him. In Eric's condition there's a million things that could go wrong with him & his personality; he could easily fall off the deep edge if something went wrong with this "grand illusion" that he's been living in. I think Natalia could really turn him around if worse came to worse- she seems to have a knack for it.
    I like that she doesn't pressure him about his injury also; she looks past it & just sees the Eric that she's always known. Who he is now, & who he was before was something that she always accepted - it's obvious that her feelings were there regardless that he needed a little tweaking - & that's the kind of woman that Eric needs & deserves.

Edit: GNRFAN, I can't think of anything other than what you just mentioned. I had to bust out laughing when she called him 'Aquaman' cause there was a spot in my FF where she called him 'Flipper' after he had gone diving. heeheee.... & I actually wrote that before any of these epis that she started giving him nicknames....hmmm.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.