Favorite CSI Character and What If They Left?

Discussion in 'General CSI Discussion' started by Smokey, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Grissom was my favorite on CSI:LV with Nick and Greg tied in a close second.

I always thought Sara was a good character, don't know what all the anti-Sara hate was about, and thought Warrick was absolutely gorgeous... so now that the three of them are gone, I can't watch CSI:LV anymore. I tried. I watched "Deep Fried and Minty Fresh" and I thought "eh....... it's alright, but doesn't convince me to get back into it".

2. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

That's a really good question.

My favorite character on CSI Vegas was Grissom followed very closely by Nick and Greg and Cath. Since Grissom has left, the show has been different, but not in a bad way, at least not to me. If either of the other three left I'd still watch it as long as the show could hold my attention with the stories and cases. Because, as someone else pointed out, I don't watch just for the characters.

On CSI Miami my favorite character is Calleigh, followed by Eric and Ryan. If one of them left, I'd try to watch to see how it would work out, and if it could still hold my attention but if not then I'd stop watching.

And finally on CSI NY, my favorites are pretty much almost everyone with the sole exception of Lindsay. I love Adam and Flack and Danny and Mac and of course Stella and Hawkes. And Sid. ;)

If any of them left, I'd still watch, in hopes that it would still be a good show, if they (TPTB) could find their way again and make the stories more like they were before all this D/L stuff that is. :rolleyes:

3. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

It's for me easy to stop watching TV shows, especially when I'm bored 'cause action is not interesting or relations between characters are odd/stupid/unreal etc. That was with NY. True that I watched eps with Aiden and I really loved her character but she wasn't the reason for stop watching. After I saw new eps without her, for a while I get hooked up and then again bored. I liked every character but I had never considered them as reasons to stop watching the show. With Miami was similiar - but I stopped watching after Speed's death. He wasn't exactly the reason but only the trigger 'cause I wanted to stop watching a bit earlier.

As a big Vegas fan I thought that I could stop watching the show after Greg's leaving. Then I thought - what about Cath? About other characters I'm not caring that much but probably I'd miss Nick and Wendy still. After leaving Greg or/and Cath I could be able to stop watching CSI. But like kaylyne mentioned earlier - I could check out from time to time what's going on but that's all.

4. SaraBeth18

SaraBeth18 Hit and Run

Miami: I would probably cry if Horatio left the show. Sometimes he is the only reason I watch the show.

LV: I have stopped watching this because Warrick got killed and Grissom and Sara left.

NY: I love Flack in this on. He has an attitude that is hilarious and I love it.

5. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Tough question. Greg is my favorite character, followed by Catherine and then Riley. If Greg left, I definitely might not watch anymore. I already have to put up a fight to get access to my dorm's TV on Thursday nights. If I was at home, then I'd probably still watch, but here, I don't think it would be worth the work to get TV access. (Those Grey's Anatomy fans are scary...). If Greg AND Cath left, then I almost certainly would stop watching. I really like Riley so far, but I really don't think I'd be that disappointed if she left, just because she just got here. Ditto for Ray. Brass isn't my favorite character, but I honestly can't imagine the show without him. A lot of people have talked about how Grissom, as the leading man, set the tone for the show, but I feel like Brass has done so equally. I feel like losing him would quite possibly hurt the show as a whole the most.

6. bookbug22

bookbug22 Civilian

I must admit that I was one of the ultimate Grissom fans. I was very upset when he left the show and kept telling everybody that I would never watch again.. I was wrong. I think Grissom leaving the show left a huge impact on most of the viewers, but I think that Ray was a great addition and I personally love watching his growth on the show. :)

7. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

My 3 favorite characters are gone. Grissom, Sara and Warrick:(it's a tough call, but I do admire Laurence Fishburne, it just seems a little bit off, like a different show, however I'm glad the other old timers[ the originals] are still with us, that makes it easier, I think with Billy still being the ex.producer, he will return for an ocassional guest spot with Sara in tow, but no Warrick except in re-runs:( he [Billy] even says that in this interview!

http://www.etonline.com/news/2009/02/70380/index.html

8. cSiNyFrEaK30

cSiNyFrEaK30 Police Officer

I only watch CSINY, and one of the things I really love about it is that there are quite a few characters that I like and don't mind watching. With the exception of Lindsay, I love them all. While I do have favorites (Adam, Flack, occasionally Danny) and I would miss them terribly if they left, I believe NY has enough talented and really likeable characters to bring me out of my grief. :)

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

One of my favorites from CSI/LV has left but I do have more than one favorite so I continue to watch,and I continue to enjoy.
    On CSI/Miami,Ryan is my favorite and I like Natalia also. I would try to continue to watch but I don't think the show would hold my interest at all.
    I'm just getting into NY ,but I think if Stella or Mac left I might not continue to watch.

10. Project DAY

Project DAY Hit and Run

Lets see...I love the entire cast of CSI NY--Danny is by far my favorite but I do still love Mac, Flack, Lindsay, Stella, Adam, Hawkes, and Sid. I'd be torn if Danny left--I'd watch it but I'd be very unhappy.

As far as CSI goes, I stopped watching it because Grissom left--I was also unhappy about Warrick dying and Sara leaving, Gris leaving was the final straw. While I do like Nick and Greg, I'm done.

I was never a fan of Miami, I don't watch it so I could care less if any of them left. Although, I think I'd be happy if Horatio was gone XP He just bothers me. Either way, I don't watch it.

11. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

Awww...have you given it a chance? I'd describe it as a different show really...almost like a fourth franchise. It's not better or worse, it's just a different show, but just as good.

I was watching some reruns on Spike tonight, and it was so weird to see Grissom, Sara, and Warrick. I guess I'm already used to the new team. :) Like I said...not better or worse, just different.

12. Project DAY

Project DAY Hit and Run

I did watch the few eps with Fishburne and Grissom and then an ep or two after Gris left...I just couldn't stay with it...Gris was always my favorite so it's just hard to see those that remain and him not around like always.

13. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

macs ma fave character ever and if he left id probs stop watchin

14. all falls down

all falls down Dead on Arrival

I think I've mentioned this about a gajillion times, but Gris, Sara, & Warrick leaving CSI was pretty heart-wrenching for me. ): Don'tcha just hate it when the originals leave the cast?

But anyways, I think Grissom was the worst loss for CSI. ):
    I mainly watch that show just for Nick & Greg now, and if they left I think I might have to stop watching. ):

As far as CSI: NY goes, I only watch it for Mac, Flack, & Messer. (Haha they could be a trio of some sort, like the muskateers! Spin off, yes?) If they left..........I don't know what I'd do. :wtf:

15. carminelove15

carminelove15 Rookie

My favorit is Lindsay because I thnk she is different and she just brings somthing to the show that I like.
    If she left the show i would be so sad:( I dont know if I would like the show as much if she left...