Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Delkolover!!!!!!!!!!!!! I freaking love you. That article just made my weekend. Honestly.
    I want to see more pictures from this photo shoot like now! "They pose in a doorway — Procter in a tight, gun-metal-gray outfit, Rodriguez in a white shirt, black tie and dark pants — trying to get comfortable. As they do, shooting heats up. Rodriguez puts his hand on Procter's waist, then hips; the blond Procter, doing her best Veronica Lake, plays with his tie, which eventually becomes a playful lovers' prop."..... LIKE RIGHT NOW!
    This is just too good. I am surprised to see CBS giving us a photo shoot that, as Emily said, isn't the usual "wide stance" with the entire team, guns showing etc. Surprised, but veerrrrry grateful. Tehehe
    O.MY.GAWD. !

2. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

Now that I've read the article again....

I agree, and we've all said that many times we're lucky to have the actors playing the characters back their ship, and that both E and C have matured and now found that path towards each other. Little surprised Donahue would throw in that bit that Caruso and the other castmates supported E/C romance as well, maybe it's her way of defending our ship on our behalf!!

And Donahue promises more E/C romance and "repercussions". We've been already saying on this board that we anticipate road blocks for E/C after they hook up (superior/worker, professionalism, Stetler, etc), I just hope they don't make it soap operish for us! I would really hate that if they did. Knowing Emily and Adam, they'll do their best to make the most of a script they're given and play it out perfectly. Don't care what Donahue says, their love has got to last!! :)

Yes, thank you Jennifer for posting that HOT photo!!!

3. iloveEC

iloveEC Victim

Thanks delkolover! You make me all kinds of happy with your treats filled with Vitamin EC (I just thought of that).
    Gee that interview had me all cheesy and then that picture! Wooo Adam looks like he's closing in. I hope the other photos where Adam's hands are all other Emily's hips and waist, and Emily using Adam's tie...Woooh let's get back on track here...I just hope those pictures are released. The sooner the better!

Wow I just saw the extended promo (I purposely left the channel on CBS so I wouldn't miss it) and I was surprised. Yelina is back and looking badASS. And Calleigh invites Eric over to her house ... I hope they let us see what goes on behind closed doors! Now I'm too excited. How am I going to last the WHOLE day tomorrow??

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I love the fact that what Donahue said about E/C needing time to mature separately before this could happen and that way back in season 1 they had these two in mind!!

Makes me feel good that we haven't been totally deluded about these two all these years and that the hints we saw were real and all the stuff we said needed to happen in order for these two to be together has been proven right by TPTB. :D

I don't want it to be soap operaish either and I don't think it will. They have done such a good job of balancing this season that I don't that will stop. I don't think the writers are going to be like "whew ok now we can just rush things and put it out there however want b/c they are together now" I think they will continue to do a job of balancing it and keeping it real. I can't wait for the roadblocks!! B/c we know that these two can handle them and that they are necessary to keep this fresh and enticing. Even though Donahue wouldn't comment on how long they will last...it doesn't worry me b/c to be honest, past this season, I don't the writers have much of a clue where they intend to take them or how long they intend to keep them together. We can also see that as a sign that they are contemplating "keeping" them together ;) No answer is always a good answer b/c it means they haven't decided anything yet....at least that is how I see it ;)

I know that certain people will be spitting up their drinks after seeing this article ;)

You guys are welcome as always!! But don't thank me...thank my "google alert" button :lol:

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Thanks for posting delkolover :).

This article is so amazing!!! I was so happy when I basically read things that we've been saying for years from the mouth of the producer. For example:

1. Wet Foot/Dry Foot. We've always thought this episode (from season one) was of special significance for EC. The article says the audience was left wondering since this episode, which is so true. Plus this confirms our thread name from two threads ago: Seven years in the making ;).

2. Donahue mentioned that if it were done in seasons one or two it would've been too soon. Yep, we've mentioned that also :).

3. The relationship was always in the back of their minds. So NO, it was not out of the blue. We noticed that too.

4. "When did it take a real turn? After he got shot (two seasons ago), we saw Delko depend on Calleigh. She would cover for him, (but) it was more than friends covering. And you realize, 'Oh, you're in love.' "

I just love this part. This has been said over and over in this thread. We hiphuggers know EC so well. :thumbsup:

5. Characters needed to evolve from womanizer (Eric) and wrong guys (Calleigh). Yes, people need to grow and learn from mistakes in order to embark on good, lasting relationships. Does not mean they are out of character, it means they are REALISTICALLY evolving like human beings which will help them enter into a meaningful, lasting, deep relationship. And yes, we've said that also ;).

6. Romance and repercussions. Can't wait. :drool:

7. We hope so too, Adam, we hope so too ;).

I so want to see the other pictures!!!

6. Fanofcalleigh

Fanofcalleigh Witness

This picture is so freaking HOT ....Do anyone know if we will have a complete photoshoot of them or just this picture !!!

Finallllyyyyy , the episode is tomorrow and i can't wait ... I'm fraking out because i really need to have the kiss :p

7. Half

Half CSI Level Two

*stares at pic* Wow. I'm trying to figure out whether that's better than the season nine GSR promo pic. *pause* Yeah, yeah, I think it is. XD

Okay, so I'm glad that the article mentioned that it's a good idea to give characters their own characterizations before getting them involved. It's so true.

Gawd. These pics will hit the internet eventually... hopefully, for the sake of all of the hiphuggers that need another reason to drool. :rolleyes:

Woot, snowday tomorrow! Wait, that means that it'll feel like a longer time before CSI:Miami... tough decision. Although, it's been, what, two weeks? I can live with 23 hours. *laughs*

8. iloveEC

iloveEC Victim

I have a snow day too. I just hope it snows enough that all public transportation is shut down. That usually means me staying home and surfing the web for anything Hiphugger. :thumbsup:

9. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

Yep snow day for me too. I'm with ya on the "it's gonna take longer to get to 10pm to watch thing" also.
    Ya know I've read everyone's posts about this E/C business and I am definitely on the YEAH! GO HIPHUGGERS side.
    This epi is going to be their big coming out moment for the viewers to see. I am thinking that after that we'll just see little sprinkles of E/C in most of the episodes. (I've read spoilers so I know little snippets of info)
    It'll give the others their fair share of screen time. I think it's cool that this one is centered around them. But I agree that everyone needs screen time.

10. delkolover

I know!! I am sooo getting a snow day here tomorrow too :D

How many people in here are from NY? Because they are predicting 8 to 14 inches for those of us who live on Long Island....I am sooooo over Winter!! :lol:

Although while I am excited for the snow day....it is going to make waiting that much harder b/c I will have like nothing to do!! Usually work keeps me occupied most of the day and then it is just a couple hours wait once I get home....I think I will go stir crazy tomorrow!! :lol:

However, I am thinking of pulling out my DVD's and having a CSI Miami all day marathon tomorrow to get ready :D

Yeah while I am estactic this is happening, I don't want to rule the show or take away that much screen time from everyone else. They have done such a great job of balancing everything this season that I don't want that to stop....and I don't think it will. The reason we are getting so much is b/c this is the coming out ep...once it is said and done we will get little scenes here and there...which is fine with me.

Just knowing they are together makes me happy....so even if we only get a little someting every ep or every other ep I will be happy. And, based on the spoilers I have seen, it really seems like that is how they are going to play it. We get the kiss tomorrow night and then in 720 we get another failry big romantic scene with them with the bathroom scene. :D

11. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I live in the one circular area of NJ that never gets snow. I swear. The Weather Channel will show the entire state coated in the white "snow warning" label, and I swear there's a little space over my hometown. :lol: So 3-6 inches is a big deal for us. 8-14? Damn.

How much do you bet that we'll go the entire episode and all we'll get is a 30-second scene in the detention center and one "shutup" kiss? We're all squeeing over having this big E/C episode, and every time CBS makes a big deal about something it means nothing. Stupid CBS and its redherring promos... making me suspicious...

12. delkolover

:lol::lol: sooo true

Not only has the promo been promoting the hell out this but the media has as well.....and to be honest, I don't care if it is only 30 seconds b/c we are getting a FRICKIN KISS!!!!! :lol: 30 seconds or 3 minutes makes no difference to me....30 seconds is a lot considering we have been waiting for 7 YEARS!

And thank you Donahue for confirming that it has indeed been 7 years in the making! :D

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  13. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

I wish it was a snow day where I am but not meant to be! I know when we get a some snow here (anywhere in Greater Vancouver), we freak because we're not used to it and our fellow Albertans & Manitobians (sp?) think we're babies about it and are like "pssh, you want cold, you want snow? Come on over here where it can be -40 with the wind chill and 4 feet of snow!" :lol:

I know, exactly, me too! I'm always a sucker for CBS's promos and I never learn to manage my expectations. I agree, I'm at that point where I'm just thankful for any interaction tomorrow leading up to the big kiss!! :lol: But, considering there is supposed to be a lot of things going on in the eppy (Eric's dad/INS, P diddy's drama, pirates taking over a yacht, Yelina's return etc), I don't think it would be all about E/C and I hope they don't have it as the E/C show. They're not stupid enough to do that and drive away non-romance/non E/C fans by having it all E/C, they're in the business of increasing ratings after all! Well, not that a major breakthrough in E/C relationship isn't a ratings grabber!

BTW, love your avatar hiphugger17! I had a feeling a number of us was going to change their avatar soon b/c of that pic :lol:. I was going to but I just couldn't give up my Robert Smith! Maybe I'll wait for the rest of that photo shoot!! .....Oh, please, please, when the rest of the pics of that shoot comes out, please post them someone!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2009
  14. delkolover

Just got an email from Corey....

Corey just told me that he wrote ep 722! I asked him then would he be adding some E/C since he didn't get the chance to do so in 715...and he said:
    To which I told him that we have all been wondering if this ship would bring out the lighter side of Cal....so we will just have to wait and see what he says to that ;)

I am all for the funnier and sarcastic side of these two...it will be an interesting other side of things to see.

I also told him for them to take all the time they want....we are patient! We have only been waiting for this for 7 years so taking it slow is fine with us!! :lol:

15. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Yeah! I've been waiting for a scene like this! One where they can joke around, or go someplace or do something fun. This sure makes the mind go into overdrive..this could mean so many different things..But, I'm just glad we get something along those lines. It'll be good to hopefully see Calleigh loosen up from being around Eric. I'm betting they go someplace after work or something one day... :bolian:

Thanks, Delkolover!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.