Episode 7x16 - 'Sink or Swim' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 27, 2009.

1. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

This episode looks good. I just hope everyone gets enough screen time and that it's not too E/C centered, because as much as I like the idea of them getting together, I still want to know what else is going on.

I liked Diddy in his last appearance on the show, I thought he did very well. I'm not usually a Diddy fan, but I did enjoy him as Derek, even if the character was a little bit on the slimey side. :lol:

YAY Yelina is back! I really like her.

So she's an undercover hitwoman? :eek: Now that sounds quite interesting.

Anyway, can't wait to see this episode. Hopefully it will be a good one.

2. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

It appears that there's a lot of things going on in this eppy. maybe too much: P Diddy and his fiancee, the yacht takeover by pirates, Eric's daddy/INS issues, reappearance of Yelina as a "hitman", and of course Eric/Calleigh's relationship. Perhaps they should have done 3 parter arc instead.

It would be interesting how they would play it out and if they can fit everything together to create a decent flow and excitement. I certainly hope they do! Even tho the E/C fan in me will be focused on them, I am still excited for the eppy as a whole.

I am looking forward to see Yelina, Valera and the new lab guy Travers too. I have a bad feeling that b/c there's so much going on, they will only have very brief scenes :( Really, they should have these three characters showcased more. Writers, are you listening? :) OK, I'll stop whining!

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think that Yelina being undercover is actually kind of similar to what she did in Resurrection when she went to Saris to "buy" the bullets. So the hit thing, even though is more risky, is kind of in the same territory. Maybe she is Horatio's personal undercover agent :lol:. I have to say that I love that she's back and have missed her dearly.

I agree with the fact that it wasn't Eric's fault to be an illegal citizen. That and the fact that his father is a US citizen is reason enough for him to continue to be a CSI without much trouble. I think this is a really interesting storyline for a CSI, though I pretty much love everything that has to do with Eric ;). And thanks silentdisco for the info.

Love Adam's and Emily's interview. They are just too funny. :guffaw:

4. ladyjr8

ladyjr8 Police Officer

I'm really wanting to see this episode-if Kyle really will be in it and NOT be in some kinda trouble. Also whassup w/Yelina? Excuse me-is Ray,Jr in like Military school in GA or boarding school in Colombia? I thought she'd be busy raising him since his dad is dead...not very Colombian of her..looking forward to Brit lab guy. I think P Diddy is okay and I'm curious to see how he has to interact as the victim/witness and be relying on the team of experts to bail him out. He came across as arrogant and now he'll have to bite his tongue about stuff..Am glad to see Yelina is still on the canvas-still holding out for her and H to get together..

5. Sheena

Sheena Civilian

There are a lot of pauses in what Yelina said, are we sure it wasn't edited, a couple of sentences peiced together? (Miami always seems to love to screw around with us in the promos).
    Anyways though, it's nice to see her back. There's tons of exciting stuff happening this episode...can't wait until Monday.

6. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

Of course I don't want Eric to be in trouble, which is why I don't like this storyline... give him some time with Calleigh, then dump some more crap on him, but I wish that while their relationship developed, at least the trauma spotlight could shift over from him and Horatio to someone else for a change.

The Yelina thing is just weird considering where she's come from... and while it is similar to what she's done, she's never been a hitman. That's extreme, especially considering the fact that she always seemed to be not-so-fanatic about the whole danger aspect of the job (Ray, Ray Jr... where is the kid while she's doing her thing?) However, I am happy to see her again. :)

7. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

It may very well be that she isn't a hitman/undercover at all. Maybe someone knew she was a cop before and just offered her money to kill Eric out of the blue.

8. greatfan

greatfan Captain

It certainly will be interesting to find out. I would think it could be quite easy to find out Yelina was a cop ,and her ties to Horatio.Hmm,that is something to think about.

9. electra

electra Pathologist

IMO,I have never seen CSI Miami as a show with believable storylines.I always watch with suspension of disbelief so very few things shock me.

And I am so happy that Yelina is back.Her scenes with horatio are great becouse she makes him human again.She should be a regular.

And I have so many question about how things would finally develop with E/C that I am even impatient.Is being so long since I had this feeling with Miami.

10. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

Yes. I want Yelina as a full cast member. Miss her sooo much. Also, I just watched the spoiler/promo on Youtube. :::squee::: On so many levels. Yelina's back. I might actually like H in this ep (never an H fan...<ducks flying objects>) and cannot WAIT for the EC moments, although, like most, think they'll be brief and most at the end. <sigh> On another note, who the heck is Michael Travers? I can't remember the name or picture the face.

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

He's the new trace guy in the lab. He is Britsh. He was in "And They're Offed". Eric talks to him in the lab and that's about all we see of him. Apparently he's coming back for more episodes.

12. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

I loved it!! I felt so bad for Derek, so did Calleigh. She showed more sympathy for what he was going through, Frank just treated him like any other suspect.

I saw a different side to Natalia, an angrier side. I liked it!!

I liked the scene between H and Calleigh, it's rare that I see them working together by that I mean in the lab.

Of course I liked the scenes with Eric and Calleigh.

The writers are doing a good job trying to get the team to interact more and as usual it's a treat to see Yelina.

13. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

Darn, I have 5 hours until Miami starts, Can't wait. Sounds like a great epi for all the characters.

14. mfkngst

mfkngst Civilian

I loved tonight's episode too! The team really felt like a one and not just the CSI's, but the lab techs as well. And i loved how Natalia stood up for Eric. Heck she went to bat for him and it's a good thing that Eric stopped her before she got in any real trouble.

And Calleigh and Horatio both working together in the lab to free Eric. It really made me realize that they and Eric are the only original team members left. I really felt like Calleigh was about to lose it.

And Yay! Yelena is back! I love her! hopefully we will see more of her again soon.

And of course, we finally get confirmation that somthing is going on with them, and it sounds like its been going on since she 'Smoke get's in your CSI's' Yay!

15. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Natalia did go to bat for Eric, that's why I spoke of her angrier side. She was pissed.

That's true about H, Eric and Calleigh being a part of the original team, but I do like the new additions. I've loved Ryan ever since he entered the show and I like Natalia too.

I've got to say I wasn't expecting to see that huge dart come out of Derek's fiancee's body. That was different but sad. She didn't deserve her death.

I enjoy watching Yelina. I hope she'll be back for more episodes.