Episode 7x16 - 'Sink or Swim' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Feb 27, 2009.

1. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Yeah seeing the 'kiss scene' (and the cheesy narration to go with it) made me debate for a while about whether or not I'll tune in on Monday. But I probably will, just because it's CSI: Miami :)

I'm dreading this though, I really hope they don't turn this into a soap opera. There's enough of those on CBS already! :p

2. Kassan

Kassan Victim

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

There is an interview with Adam and Emily about Monday night's ep up at CBS as well as here : http://spoilertv-csi.blogspot.com/ for those who are out of the country and can't view it at CBS's site.

4. electra

electra Pathologist

Thanks so much for the spoilers.:thumbsup: Most of my folks can't believe that I am waiting CSI miami with such enthusiasm becouse I am more a Las vegas or NY kind of fan.

Celleigh looks really happy so that is always a plus.And yelina is back.She makes Horatio a human being again.Maybe early seasons Horation will be back.;)

5. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Yea. Yelina is back.
    But how/when did she become a hitman? I thought she was a private detective? Is she undercover? I don't get why she says that she's the one assigned to kill Eric.

6. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Thanks guys for the videos.

Adam and Emily are so funny together. :) I had to pause the video and laugh when she said they've been making out in the trailer since season 1!

They REALLY need to show more behind-the-scenes stuff.

7. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Yelina is undercover and was assigned to be the hitperson while undercover.

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

^ Thanks. That's what I figured but I couldn't remember anything specific that we were susposed to know about Yelina at this point in time. Makes you wonder though who put out the hit and why does he/she not know that she used to be a cop and work with Eric.

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Isn't it sort of ironic that Yelina is undercover after the whole thing with Ray Sr being undercover? I thought she hated that so much. I would have thought that she wouldn't want to put Ray Jr. through that. Perhaps it's a different kind of undercover, though...I don't know.

I'm just excited to see her again!

10. cainesugar

cainesugar Coroner

I hate this storyline for Yelina. Like, way to bring her back. Her character would absolutely refuse to something like this.

Also, the Eric storyline is too much for me. Give the guy a break. And honestly, if they decide to delve into this, he would realistically be in too much trouble to continue as a CSI. Illegal citizenship? Yeah, he most likely would be deported, wouldn't he? I could be wrong but that's the way I thought it worked.

11. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I'm rather tired of Eric storylines, too. I feel like he has gotten more than any other character (besides Horatio) in the past couple of seasons. I guess I'm bias, because I've never been a big Eric fan, but I'd love to see some storylines for other characters. Though from what I've read we will get some soon.

Mostly I'm just happy to have Yelina, Kyle, and the British guy back. I'm looking forward to this ep. (not that I've ever not looked forward to a CSIM episode in my life.)

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

I'll put this in Spoiler tags just to be safe...

It will end up being that Eric's father isn't Russian at all, but was born and raised in Texas. If his father is a U.S. Citizen, then even if Eric was born in Cuba, he is able to acquire U.S. Citizenship. According to http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Birth Abroad Out-of-Wedlock to a U.S. Citizen Father: A child born abroad out-of-wedlock to a U.S. citizen father may acquire U.S. citizenship under Section 301(g) INA, as made applicable by Section 309(a) INA provided:

1) a blood relationship between the applicant and the father is established by clear and convincing evidence;

2) the father had the nationality of the United States at the time of the applicant's birth;

3) the father (unless deceased) has agreed in writing to provide financial support for the person until the applicant reaches the age of 18 years, and

4) while the person is under the age of 18 years --

A) applicant is legitimated under the law of their residence or domicile,

B) father acknowledges paternity of the person in writing under oath, or

C) the paternity of the applicant is established by adjudication court.

Also, keep in mind that Eric didn't really do anything wrong before he discovered his falsified U.S. Birth Certificate. He was only a baby when he came to the U.S. and his parents were the ones who forged his birth certificate and citizenship.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  13. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Woah, wait... yelina is undercover? Where the heck is the continuity, writers? I mean seriously! That's just dumb! Yelina hated undercover and would never do it! Why not use someone who does do undercover work? Is this seriously all the writers could come up with for Yelina? Come on! :sigh: I don't know about them sometimes. Still, I'm glad she's in the ep, but highly bothered by the lack of continuity.

14. CSIDuquesne

CSIDuquesne Civilian

I hate those kinds of story lines that change the original character when they are brought back. Something tells me there is a triple agent in this. Meaning she is undercover, but a hitman, undercover pretending to go through with the hit or something confusing lol!

15. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I actually think the Yelina thing will work out well. She's a tough chica, so I think it will be pretty cool actually.

I bet Horatio is going to be like this:

In front of the Miami Crime Lab, at the end of the day when there's a perfect sunset. Horatio is standing there and Yelina walks up.

Horatio (standing with his head halfway turned toward her): Yelina.....

Yelina: Horatio....

Horatio: You should be more careful.....Remember....Ray.....

Yelina: I can take care of myself Horatio.

Horatio: I'm just......looking out for you.....

H puts on his sunglasses and walks away.

That's how the ending of the episode be. Just watch. Probably more in depth than that, but you get it.

Yeah, I'm feeling kinda loopy tonight haha