Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Well! That's a pretty nice extended promo :devil:

I'm glad Yelina is back for one, but that whole thing at the end was just...:drool: Her place? Hmm...is Calleigh getting more bold about things with eric now? First, it looks like she initiates the kiss, and then, she asks him to go back to her place? :devil:...I'm sure we wont get to see that, but one can only imagine :lol: I also noticed how after the kiss, eric is just kinda like 'wha....?' and calleigh is all smiles and after she unhooks her arms from around his head, she kind of like brings them down his chest type of thing...oh calleigh...;)

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  2. anamarya

anamarya Witness

ok...i'll try to take it in order..

i know that i wanted to say something about the Cal's part in Eric's change...primarily,what i said about Cal is truefor Eric also... the fact that is imposible that your work partner, your best friend, the person that you probably spend the biggest amount of time with to not have an impact on your life, in the chages that your going throu during so many year. secondly, i thing it was more the shooting than Cal that made Eric loose the "womaniser" act. if you remember his reaction at her disagreement when he was... (we all know that he was doing when he lost his badge...)he was affected but he didn't changed from one day to another his atitude just because she didn't aprove.

the second thing that i wanted to address : yes, the sex sells... they use it to sell everything, why not for boosting up the ratings when they need it.and no.. if thatparticlar line (you know the one)is hinting in that direction... is not unnatural...they are adults, they know each-other, they feel for each-other... what's the problem... i really don't see the point in following the rule about the 3 dates (or it was 5:confused:)... that is aplying to people that know each-other for a decade.... and not to be a downer now but that line can be actualy very platonic...more like "wet foot, dry foot"...

lastly (i hope that i will not remember something else again)... they're relationship in my opinion is just over-due... if the writers did something tomuch that was the waiting.... they postponed it too much... the road was there from the begining and they choosed not to take it. it is not out of the blue, and maybe is a litle to in the faces of people that not like themas a couple,but i do believe that that's not going to last - the too much attention part.

ok.. that's it... *going to rewatch (for the n-th time) the interview

3. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I am absolutely excited about the direction the writers are taking with Calleigh and Eric. I have watched these two flirt and dance around their feelings since day one! I remember even thinking to myself on 1.01 about when they are going to get together. There is obviously a lot of chemistry and love between these two characters. They care for each other deeply, it is only natural that they take it to the next level.:)

As for the extended promo? Wow! I didn't think that Calleigh would ask him to come back to her place! I guess that Calleigh has finally opened up herself! (Besides the fact that it looks like she kisses HIM first).:thumbsup: Way to go girl!

And the interview...that was so cute! It is obvious that Adam and Emily are great friends off the camera. I liked the whole part about Adam chewing gum and Emily joking that they make out all the time in the trailer. I totally agree with Emily's comment that Adam has kissable lips!! Looks like they are equally as excited about the direction of their characters. I mean, who wouldn't! If I could go to work and make out with Adam Rodriguez, I'd be on cloud nine too! :drool:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2009
  4. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Contrived?....No way! It's been more like a slow burn that has turned into a steady flame starting to burn out of control.

I got into this show about 5-6 months ago so I have seen the episodes out of order but I saw their chemistry in the first scene I saw them together in.

Then during a marathon I caught E/N and though wtf?...that was totally out of left field. But that fizzled quickly and they threw some other road blocks up (the shooting/Jake...) but through it all they have remained friends with a little hidden something between them.

Overhyped? Maybe a little but it is sweeps and everything is overhyped during sweeps. I think that after sweeps is over we will see everything go back to normal...promo wise. And with all the Ryan drama coming up I don't see how anyone can say the show is totally focused around E/C.

That being said.....thanks to whomever posted the extended promo...wish I hadn't heard about it before I take my GRE (graduate school test) because now I'm not going to be able to concentrate (taking it in 1 1/2 hours). :p

5. Ayana

Ayana Hit and Run

After watching the extended promo I think the "why dont I take you back to my place" comment is more about she knows he staying in that awful motel. But this will definently be a good episode. I'm specially curious about what they say at the detention center.

Thanks Marija_Magdalena for posting it!

6. belluvsmiami

belluvsmiami Prime Suspect

oh i ve just had the most crappiest night and i swear you are a little saint for adding that i love the little look he gives her right before her hand comes down oh too good just lovely lovey dovey excellent

7. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Okay I'm so hyper I need to post, but I doubt I'll be able to put a good analysis about anything.

I never ever thought that relationship is contrived. I have seen it coming from season 1 and as I don't think I'm totally delusional (even though... ;)), there was already something brewing there. Is it overhyped? Maybe a little, but when you put two main characters together it's hard not to, especially as Cal and Eric are with H the characters that really make Miami (no offense meant for Eva and Jon). I do think that sometimes it could have been done a little subtler than it has. I think the problem is that the writers and probably cbs enjoyed the whole triangle thingie with Jake so they overused it and pushed it to its limit (when Johnny really had no time to come back). I think it would have been better if they had ended s6 with EC starting. Yeah well they milked it because a lot of people actually like EC, they are a cute couple and in hard times like these it's nice to have a good romance and not just people having sex with each other. Here we have real deep feelings before they hit the sack. They even expressed them clearly and that I find very appealing.

The extended promo is amazing. I love how we see Yelina even though I don't get what is happening there. Let's wait for Monday to see.
    As for the interview, those are clearly actors who dislike this ship and have absolutely no fun working together. They just played an act for the sake of promoting this ugly ship :guffaw:Yeah right! I just love them they are so funny and easy going. Now I just need more skin to be completely happy.

And as for smut, why should the writers do a fic about the morning after? I mean while you are at it, do it about the real event. Morning after is so boring :lol: I'd love to do it but I already have two smut fics in progress, I write everything quick but that. I'm perfectionist in that field and so people sadly have to wait. I still plan to post the Torture smut this weekend. Hyper as I am it should be possible :guffaw:

8. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

2 days guys and our couple are finally together.
    OMGGGGGGG
    i can't wait :drool:

OMGGGGGGGGG how amazing the interview is OMG. I was using the internet on my phone when i saw the interview on spoiler.com but i coulnd't see it and i freaked out, and now i'm using the internet here at the hotel where i'm staying. I can't be apart with two; How cute Emily and Adam are. I was smiling all the time. This is the best interview EVER. :lol: I can't wait for the episode.

The extented promo is waaayyy better than the promo itselt of course,.
    Calleigh's last line is Aaaaaaaaaaawww everything, i wanna see the detention center scene and the last scene so bad :adore:.

9. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I watched the behind the scenes on the kiss again and I think they only have one kiss. Both times seem like the same scene. Eric is talking and Calleigh pulls him in. I think it is just different takes on the same scene. One time Emily's hands are around Adams neck, another scene they are on his chest. However, I won't be unhappy if they do kiss more than once. :lol:I guess we will have to find out on Monday.

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Thank you Marija_Magdalena! I thought I'd keel over if I didn't see that promo!!
    Yeah but those certain people probably aren't keen on Eric and Calleigh having a relationship now as we are and are just being jealous or maybe just being prudes. Sorry, but saying it.

I think the fact that Calleigh is taking the lead now is about time! Eric has always been the one initiating questions and discussing their relationship and now, she cant contain herself. They have so many years of friendship and she knows everything about him, and is in love with him. After that kiss, i'm sure he didn't want it to end there, and I'm pretty sure thats not their first. About that kiss...that LOOK he gave her after she kissed him was priceless. He gave her the bedroom eyes, and they're a couple so a girls gotta do what she gotta do. After a day like that, I think she'll do anything to comfort him. They both deserve the happiness and willing to take chances to be just that now. No one else matters, she let him in and is no longer putting up a wall anymore and she knows how much he loves her. He's not a wuss - Hes smitten. Calleigh is such a strong, beautiful mysterious woman and if you could make her heart skip a beat, than you've got her - she's sold. AND who wouldn't be sold on ERIC DELKO. After those bedroom eyes he gave her, HOW COULD SHE RESIST?? Just by looking at me like that, and thinking that I almost lost him, I'd jump for joy and jump on him! Its not being cheap, it being in love and there is no stopping them now.

Had to add that when they show Calleigh at the end, she looks so relaxed (she's got the cute earrings on, comfortable clothes). They bring out the best in each other, they've never looked so happy and at ease in a relationship.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
  11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I cannot get over the look on Eric's face in the extended promo when Calleigh's hands are on his chest and she's telling him "Why don't I take you back to my place". Its like he knows he's about to get to make love to the woman of his dreams, and his heart is tripping like a jackhammer. If I was any good at writing smut I would take that one on. Hmmmm... Jessica... how about it? You are the best at that, and I know how you are when really good E/C scenes are shown ;). Sometims you can't help yourself :).

That has got to be the best interview they have ever done. I loved Emily's comment about her and Adam making out in the trailer since the first season, and I LOVED the look on Adam's face when Emily told him that she'd said that, loved how he looked at her, and whispered "you told them that". That was darned adorable. And the funny part at the end where they made like they were kissing behind Emily's arm and Adam's hand, loved that too. "I'm her man... he's my dude"... best line. I think what really makes E/C so damned good is the fact that Emily and Adam have such great chemistry and seem to genuinely enjoy working together, they play off each other so well. As evidenced by the fact that they were arm in arm during half the interview.

12. anamarya

anamarya Witness

you know how it is..after watching for dozens of times something you realize that it was there in your eyes but you didn't see it....

i just realized what Adam is saying in the end.... "this is not going to be a "bang,bang,thank you madam":devil: (ok, more or less that) and then Emily is saying that if that would to happen then Cal "would shoot you":guffaw::guffaw:....and i do have to agree... i mean,we know is not the case here but if Erioc would've played with Cal's feelings he would'vebeen so DEAD....:evil:

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Good morning everyone! I wake up to find 3 new pages of posts here. Are we a little too excited, well of course we are. :thumbsup:

So I watched the BTS interview again and I absolutely love it. When Calleigh mentioned something about the marrying him he says something along the lines of what makes you think that I would have said yes :lol:

The extended promo made my shipper heart jump a little more. So I am thinking that Calleigh says why don't I take you back to my place before she kisses him. He says something about not wanting to put her in danger and she shuts him up by kissing him. :drool:

14. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

The interview is AWESOME :D:D
    Emily always crack me up :guffaw:I couldn't stop laughing :guffaw:
    Oh yeah, Emily, Adam has such a sexy lips :devil:
    I think we'll get two kisses in the same scene, if you watch closely enough, there's one when she interrupts Eric when he's saying "Danger has been folow you..." and then we see a scene with Eric with his hands in her hips and her hands in his chest and she aproach her head to him and seems they're about to kiss :D:D
    But that's just my opinion ;)

OMG OMG OMG!!! Is it 2nd March? :lol:

15. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

After watching the interview a couple of times I have to say that I agree with someone when they said they think it is just one kiss but from different angles/scenes. I think they obviously did the scene a few times from different angles etc to get the best look but then in the editing room pieced them together as one scene but when we see it....especially out of context of seeing the FULL scene it looks like there is more than one kiss.

Hey, don't get me wrong if there is more than one kiss I will be over the moon....it is just my opinion after seeing the interview.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.