EDeN (Eric/Natalia) #2: All about chemistry & forbidden fruit!

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by mjszud, Jun 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Either or is fine with me. I like both vids and fics. haha. I'm not too picky. Do you need any suggestions for songs for a vid? :lol:

Yeah, tptb definitely made some boo-boos with the Eden story. There were a lot of good places they could have done something with them. But, I still :adore: the scene in "bombshell" with the baby bassy. :D

2. rissarose

rissarose Rookie

Well, I see you two are just as decisive as I am! :lol:

[​IMG]

I might already have an idea in mind. I was reading through the EDeN soundtrack thread and saw one of the songs you posted - "I Miss My Friend" by Darryl Worley. I like it a lot! Of course, I'll gladly take suggestions, too! :)

I agree SO HARD. It's like... they needed something to do with their mole character before she was outed, so they decided to pair her with Delko in a relationship they chose to model off of a soap opera instead of really sitting down and planning out some good quality storylines for them.

Then, once that whole thing's over, they completely forget about it. As if it never happened. No mention of it. Ever.

I blame it on the fact that not only are the writers starting to burn out after a bajillion seasons, but that they don't know how to create a comfortable balance of science and the characters' personal lives over the span of forty-four minutes once a day, once a week, almost every week. (Which is pretty hard to do, but it can still be done, I'm sure!)

3. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

*considers throttling TPTB* Just 'cause Eric and Natalia act like the other doesn't exist... it's not exactly what happens in real life. Besides, they're forgetting the fact that they still like each other despite what happened...

4. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Yeah, it's getting kind of ridiculous that they still essentially treat one another like nothing ever happened. Stupid. :rolleyes: Dunno if it's because Eric is all 'caught up' with Calleigh or if TPTB just ran out of things to do with them... But seriously, I think even I, a lowly high school student could come up with something more believable than what we've been given.

How many couples do you know that dated for months (?) and just act like nothing happened? I mean at the very least they would have to talk about how they work together, they agree to be 'just friends' etc. right?

I can appreciate the "suspension of disbelief" sometimes when watching Miami (ie. 5 second AFIS searches & DNA matches), but seriously, this is bordering on absurd. Either way, I'm still excited to see what they'll do with these two next season...:shifty: Hopefully some juicy story arc with lots of twists and turns! :D

5. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Guys, this thread is for discussion about Eric and Natalia ONLY, therefore discussion here should ONLY be about them. If you can't stick to this rule, the thread will be locked for a 24 hour period.

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Well listen folks, maybe this is something that we'll come to understand later.
    Suppose all this "ignoring" EDeN's romantic history is just to allow these 2 to see each other in a new light, opposed to constantly looking at each other as the ex-bf/ex-gf, angsty, "you hurt me, no, you hurt me" stuff.
    All this time passed of these two not focusing on what went wrong could wind up restoring Eric's trust in her, & both of thier feelings for each other; it's giving them time to get over what happened in their relationship, & that doesn't necessarily mean that just because all seems to be forgiven that thier romantic storyline is gone for good. ;)

Natalia, these past few seasons, has really grown, & she's shown the audience a new light - she's sweet & caring, & when anyone else has a problem she's the first to take thier side until proven otherwise.
    She's shown moreso than any other (here lately) the worry that she carries for her teammates..it's pretty subtle sometimes, but it's there.
    It's odd because Im seeing her as more of a "rock" figure than anyone else these days. For someone who was once guilty of trying to tear this team apart, she seems to be the one who actually tries to hold them together now. She was the one worried for Calleigh about the webpage, she was there for Ryan to help him with his papers, & when he looked guilty in 'Resurrection' she didn't jump like the others did; & then there's always her concern for Eric, which TPTB lack in showing sometimes but when they do show it, it speaks volumes like in 'Going Ballistic'.

Bottom line is, we don't know what's up TPTB's sleeves for the future, or not so distant future. Eric could wind up getting his heart broken in a much worse way than Natalia ever did to him. So, let's try to hang in there & see what the finale brings. I don't exactly expect to see much EDeN any time remotely soon mind you, but there's still something that's giving me the impression that thier part of the 'Miami' Story isn't over.:)

7. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Call me an optomist, but I don't think its over either. :) I think there's still a great deal more to show there. We could be in for quite a pleasant surprise somewhere down the road. I'm gonna hold on tight and try to enjoy the ride. :D

8. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

I agree :)
    Guess we'll just have to wait around and see what happens. Hopefully we won't be waiting for too long... although the expression "good things come to those who wait" comes to mind! :D

I wonder what Eva and Adam think about it, they must be curious too, since they don't know what's going to happen either!

9. greatfan

greatfan Captain

That would be quite pleasant indeed,but I would imagine it would cause a huge uproar. There is definitely more to deal with,too much history has been swept under the rug.

10. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Lots of things could change though, & if it played out correctly then there wouldn't be a need for it to cause an uproar. At this point, in all honesty, I just want my show back!! I want to see the old interaction & fun (sometimes flirty) banter. I wouldn't want them to jump strait to continuing off EDeN....I need all this "love" stuff to dwindle down all together. MJ needs to breath - I'm drowning in the palmolive as it is!

I think they badly need to bring on some continuity with these 2, most definitly, but they need to do it later in the series & when it's closer to the end of the show's run.......but in the meantime, I don't want them to just forget that they're there & that they DO have this history together.

11. ash09

ash09 Dead on Arrival

Yes! They need to hold off on the romantic stuff for a while (if it's possible for TPTB to do it in a somewhat graceful way)... Can't we get back to the crimes for a little bit? It's getting in the way of the show...:shifty:

But the more I think about it, the more I agree with the possiblity of TPTB continuing EDeN next season... dunno, I think if they tried it this season it would just be too crowded... Does that make sense?

Last edited: Mar 1, 2009
  12. mjszud

mjszud Captain

yes you're making sense, & I agree. As much as I'd love for TPTB to do the right thing in resurfacing EDeN's romantic history, I do believe that it would just make the show more intolerable right now. Yes, it would definitly catch my attention, but I don't want to see it be made into another ridiculous story, or used as a ploy to bring on drama (though I could see them doing it :rolleyes:).

Next is season 8, & that to me would be a good time to allow the show to get back to basics & slowly let EDeN reconnect without it being overdramatized, or the subject being "pressured". Now, the end of season 8 or the beginning of season 9? That's perfect - let there be an EDeN reunion then, because it probably wouldn't be too much longer that the show would be on the air (a few seasons maybe?), & like all shows, main characters most likely will have already started to leave the nest.

If they tried to do it now when they still have 4 years or so of airtime, then they'd just end up finding a way to destroy them...so later is even better - there's a better chance of them having a happy ending. ;)

13. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

So do I... I don't think we've seen the last of those two. There's still potential for scenes together, which is what I'm rooting for at the moment. Besides, I agree with ash, I think there's definitely a possibility that EDeN will start again next season. Just let this story line play out and that'll leave more room for Eric and Natalia 'cause they deserve a fresh start.

14. beautifuldisaster

beautifuldisaster Lab Technician

ok so on the episode we see nat really show some character!!!! gettin all mad!!! i loved that scene with her and eric! it was wonderful!!!! she def still cares about him!!!! but the end of the epi where him and u know who kiss omg!!! i was def sittin on the couch and i told my mom when he got out of jail calleigh will be waitin for him then he kissed her or she kissed him and i fell off the couch and dug my face into the floor! i was like noooooooo! ugh that just ruined the epi. but whatever im still hopin maybe its like a start over for him like it was at the beginnin of the show! like he falls in love with her then he falls in love with nat and it ends right there! no more relationships after nat! shes the final 1! but maybe how they showed her carin for him means something! i hope anyway! other than the end it was a really good episode! my favorite so far!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2009
  15. ladyhunter

ladyhunter Head of the Swing Shift

Hey all,

Please remember to put spoilers codes around any discussion of future episodes or episodes that haven't aired. That includes tonight's episode.

If you need any help with spoiler codes just PM me.

Thank you :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.