Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

csiawsome, as in the one from ff.net? Welcome!

The pics looks great
    I loved the way they were looking at each other. If that boy wasn't in love with her than I don't know what anymore! If we see a jealous Calleigh, I would laugh so hard that I'm sure I would cry. We've seen a jealous Calleigh before, but she wasn't with Eric then:devil:

2. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

I really enjoyed reading the TV Guide interview. I was surprised when E.P. said that she thinks that the kiss is not the first. She thinks that their relationship began back in All In when he drove her home. This comment seemed to surprise Adam. It surprised me as well. I don't think that they have been in a relationship until this point. I think that 7.16 will be their first kiss. If they were already in a relationship, why would she have gone out with horse boy Terrance? Procter also talks about how she was nervous about kissing Adam. (lucky girl :drool:)

I was surprised with the 7.16 promo in that they showed the kiss. I didn't think they would go as far as that. I guess it was for the fans who want it so much. Let me just say that I am so excited for Sink or Swim and interested to see how this relationship plays out through the rest of the season. I do hope this lasts. It would suck to have to wait 7 years and the writers do not let this go on.

3. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Thanks again, delkolover :cool:

I can totally picture that part of the episode in 7.18. I can see eric getting this look, and then we get the flashback(hopefully they keep this one! this would be an amazing scene), and when we get that comment about saving $ for the trip, maybe she could like wink at eric or something...;)

I am so excited for 7.16! I've been playing it in my mind, and im going insane waiting to find out what is said between C/E during the detention center scene. She looks like she iss really just listening to him and being there for him in the promo picture and the actual promo itself:) I'm really also wondering if he hear an "i love you" ??

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Delkolover, don't ever think that we would be okay without you. You're our spoiler queen. And thanks for the pics.

They are so cute together. It's unbelievable that at that point they are a couple. There are no promo pics of them (together) for 7.17, so these are the fist ones after they become official couple. I always love the way they are looking at each other. As for 7.17 I don't think there are gonna be any big Hiphuggers things. I hope there will be some good eye sex, though.

Welcome to the new members. Our small cyber-family is not so small anymore, it's getting bigger and bigger with every day. :)

5. anamarya

anamarya Witness

actually i asked myself a couple of times the same question and mainly for the first part i ended up with the same answer as the one given by SomewhereApart, but the "canon" part... IDK seems a little strange but as long as everybody knows that means i guess is ok.

the Frank part... you wrote it too funny... i can totally imagine that happening

well, jealous Cal would be interesting to see. yes we saw her a little jealous from time to time... last time i think it was Tara but that was different. the whole situation is different so... i guess the Eric sweating part make sense (sorry i don't remember who had the idea)
    the pics are great, thanks for them.... the look on Cal's face is going to be... waw...
    about the fact that it might be too hot for the jacket... IDK why but i had the impression that the jackets are mandatory during working hours

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

As I'm sure at least some of us are now aware, there's a thread in the CSI Miami section dedicated to a dislike towards E/C. I bring this up not to bad mouth the thread or the people who post there. I bring it up because certain discussions from that thread have prompted me to ask a few questions here (and yes, it pertains to the ship):

Does anyone think that the Eric/Calleigh dynamic has changed Calleigh? If you think so, would you say that the change has been for the better or for the worse? And specifically how has she changed?

I'd really really like to know. Even if you just post the minimum 3 on-topic sentences.

7. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

I think Calleigh has changed during the show, but I don't think it's because of Eric. Everything she's been through changed her. She became less cheerful, IMO. I don't like it. I absolutely adore EC because I think that Eric can change her back, so to say. I want that adorable cheerful Cal back and I think he can do that to her.

Just look at the way she's on the promo. You can see that just before they kiss there is that cute little smile on her face. She's so in love... :adore:

8. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I didn't really notice anything til you posted this..hmm..yeah maybe Calleigh has changed..but for me, it's not bad..I mean she has become more serious and..well, mature ;) She has also become more tough :lol: but she is more romantic now..well, that's just my opinion though.. and like what marija_magdalena said, she's less bubbly nowadays and I also don't think it's cuz of Eric.. but her "change" isn't really that big of a deal for me.. :)

9. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I'm not really sure what to say :rolleyes:. I think she has changed a bit yeah she is more serious but maybe that's just because a lot of things have happened to her. I don't think it's Eric that made her change maybe a bit but I'm not sure, I don't think it's in a bad way. Maybe from now on she will be more cheery from now on.:)

It would be good if we saw somebody flirting with Eric in front of Calleigh, I think she would probably just stare at Eric :shifty: to see his reaction or maybe just kind of interrupt and say something about the crime to try and stop her flirting ! I think Eric would maybe just smile look at Calleigh and not say anything.:)

10. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Hmm it's a good question. I think she changed a lot through the years. With the reruns of S1 we have currently on TV it is hard not to notice how much more relaxed she used to be in the earlier seasons. I think they made her change with Hagen... once he became that crazy lunatic who threatened to kill her before turning the weapon against himself she certainly withdrew a little. Of course there was also Speed's death, that shook them all real bad. Personaly I tend to see the Calleigh from ealier seasons coming back.

I'm not sure the change is all Eric but it started when he got shot and continued with Jake being present. I think that both of them made her change. In some ways Jake showed her that it was okay not to take everything so seriously. I'm sure that aspect of him irked her at some times but it was still a good thing.
    I honestly think (and please don't throw anything at me :lol:) that his presence made EC really possible. Let me explain. With him she had the same kind of relationships she always had, nice guy, good looking, probably great sex, a limited commitment basically something that didn't go too deep but was highly enjoyable. I said not too deep because we heard several times that one or the other left before the morning, it showed a will to keep things at a certain distance.
    But at the same time as this affair still lasted longer than most, it made her think about being with someone... except that this someone was very often not around. Things happened to her like in All In that I think made her regret not having her 'beloved' one there. And this is where Eric was present... and why Emily thinks something started at that moment between them.
    I think that Calleigh started to realize that life was short and you couldn't/shouldn't take the next day as granted. This explains why she told Jake she wouldn't wait for him. At that moment she made the clear decision to be with someone. Maybe if Jake had said he would stay for her, she might have given him a chance. But he didn't he left to pursue his own road... so she let it go without seconds thoughts that all the more because Eric was around. With him she knew how she felt, but she didn't know how committed he was and that's why she asked him to speak his mind about them. Once he did it, she was willing to embark this new journey.

I think she matured and now she finally knows what she wants. Will she able to really adjust to having a 'real' boyfriend who is always there? She might have problems at the beginning (if they want to give us drama), but I doubt it... Let's please not forget that Calleigh is supposed to be 35. It's an age where you naturally start to look at life differently and yes you make adjustments especially if you want to have more than just a career. I've gone through this and you ponder a lot when you're still single at that high age :guffaw:

Well my 2 cts...

11. anamarya

anamarya Witness

ya, it is a good and reasonable question. is not much more to say after the very interesting and detailed analysis that Elicia made and that actually says a lot of the things that i wanted to say...
    basically they were
    - things that made her more serious: the Hagen situation, Speed's death, the whole Marisol+Rio thing (she had a lot on her hands then), the vicious crimes that she's handling on daily basis, etc.
    - and things that made her loosen up a little bit: strangely the whole Jake thing (like Elicia explained very well), the drama in her recent life that made her want to enjoy the day (personally i'm all for "carpe diem" as long as it not effects the rest of your life) - is started with Man Down when she realised that she can loose Eric just like she lost Speed, then it was All In when she probably realised that she can die herself.... and the last events where just the proverbial "drop in the glass".

anyway is normal for her (and any other caracter) to change. let's not forget that in 7 years even in normal circumstances and with lets just say more normal jobs people change. lets remember how we were 7 years ago, and all the phases in between.
    in the same time is normal that at least part part of the chance has to do with Eric. he's her partner at work and a very good (maybe even the best) friend, with or without the romance his a big part of her life and is normal for them to have an important impact on each other.

IDK, just my opinion....

p.s. do you realize that the discussions here come to a more normal pace and we manage to have discussion not only UST (under-spoiler tags)

12. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

I'm not quite following the discussion here (sorry but you guys are so fast!), but I just wanted to say this. I heard about what will happen and I heard about the teaser and all... and I'm starting to believe I'm more like a "UST-lover" than a shipper... is that weird? I like attraction and I like almost... I just don't really see how they can integrate a relationship properly in the series.

13. Jud

Jud Hit and Run

First welcome to all the new members :)
    Second: I think Calleigh has indeed changed a lot. She's more mature, serious...I like that but I also liked her when she was more relaxed. However she had gone through a lot lately which had a big influence on her behaviour (I think). Maybe ERic can indeed change that again. Make her smile more. I agree with Elicia completely.:) Great thoughts.

They are great together as friends, I'm sure they will be just as great as lovers. Of course there'll be a few bumps in the road but no relationship is perfect. It all has its ups and downs. But I don't think they'll break up that easily...like adam said.
    And thanks for those lovely pics. It's nice to see calleigh smiling again.

I would like to see how Cal would react if/when someone would dare to flirt with Eric while she's standing next to him.
    I don't think she would show it. She might talk in a more serious voice but that's it I think.
    Someone else also said it: she would tease him about it. That would indeed be a great scene :lol:
    And one other thing. I didn't know that the daydreaming part was real. I also thought that was someone's idea. :lol::lol: I'm glad I wasn't the only one

So many new posts...It's hard to keep up! But it's worth it and it's great to be a part of all of this
    Well monday is coming closer or tuesday for the people in Europe (like myself).

14. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Wow, I think you really hit the nail on the head with that analysis. I agree with everything you said, especially the part where there were indications her relationship with Jake was the same type as she'd had with other men
    and I note that in 7.20 Calleigh IS with Eric in the morning, she didn't slip away before he woke up
    . Also, I agree with where you said you understood what Emily said about their relationship starting after All In, when Eric was there with her. Their relationship began deepending further at that point.

I find it hard to believe others honestly think Calleigh's relationship with Eric hasn't changed her for the better, and/or that her current behaviors are attributable only to Eric and not the many things that have happened to her in the past two years. Jesus, certainly getting run off a road into a canal, having your best friend almost die, having a former co-worker make fun of you on the internet, getting kidnapped and roughed up, and nearly dying of smoke inhalation, changes a persons behaviors.

Its a little too early to say how their relationship will really affect her because it is just beginning (spoiler tags due to the episode where we find out they are together hasn't aired) of this level for them. But I have to think from the look on her face in the pictures and promo, that she obviously loves him, and with the deep friendship they have, the fact that they really know each other, being with Eric would change her for the better.

15. electra

electra Pathologist

First great post,elicia:thumbsup:

I also agree with Jennifer about all the things Calleigh had endured in the past.It's too much!!! She is a really strong and special person just for keep going.Most people would be a complete mess.But I also want her to be more happy and relaxed .Eric is important but i want more like a new approach to life in general.And I know this is superficial but I want to see her wearing less black .Afterall this is Miami!

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.