Grade 'No Good Deed'

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Feb 25, 2009.

?

How would you grade No Good Deed?

1. A+

24 vote(s)
    34.8%
  2. A

17 vote(s)
    24.6%
  3. A-

6 vote(s)
    8.7%
  4. B+

5 vote(s)
    7.2%
  5. B

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. B-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  7. C+

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  8. C

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. C-

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  10. D+

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. D

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. D-

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. F

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

New ep tonight--watch and let us know what you thought of it! :cool:

2. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

Spoilers if it hasn't aired in your region yet!

Not a bad episode over all, though I was going into it without much optimism. The eye falling into the coffee? Stella's coffee no less? How convenient. But I feel like I have to give them SOME kudos anytime they manage to recall and rehash something they brought up over a week ago. It's a LOT for them althought I'm kind of lowering the bar when the students aren't performing well enough to meet a basic standard and that comes with a whole host of other problems...

Still, this Ella stuff is kind of interesting. I feel like Mac probably only feels so responsible because of some, gender bias, but I give him the benefit of the doubt and say it's unintended and purely well meaning. He's just from a generation that thinks about gender a little differently than I do.

And wasn't Mac the one who used to tire of Lindsay's little games of show-and-tell? Since when is he all gung-ho about them and Stella then one to be rolling her eyes and checking her watch while Montana brings us storytime. Is it my imagination or did that used to be switched around? All that little scene did is make me think Mac is the head enabler for the Lindsay-Can-Do-No-Wrong Crusade. Which ties right into his problem with Ella. He's being WAY too easy on girls lately. He wouldn't stand for that kind of time wasting with Adam, Danny or Hawkes. hell, he wasn't even behaving like that with Aiden, when she was around. When he says get to the point it's an order. God forbid someone other than Stella treat her like an employee.

I'm glad Danny and Don had more than a breath of lines again and Don shines like a star as usual, with his smart looks and snide remarks. Danny, in a lot of cases is much like the Danny I'm familiar with. Wise ass remarks about erectile medications to his boss are not only loved, but well received by Mac! It's been a while since they've shared some bad jokes. And it's good to know Danny knows his social and sex life are coming to a close, but did I hear that right? 2 months? So lindsay is having a 6 month full term pregnancy, confirming my suspicions that she is actually some kind of well trained monkey, and not human after all.

And the coddling of a developing child is adorable... too bad its in the middle of the office and not a birthing class or at home where it belongs. Pulled straight from 101 Way to Look Completely Unprofessional at Work:
    way #32 Knock up a co-worker!
    way #33 Be sure you make frequent displays of a highly personal and familial nature in the MIDDLE of the work place!

But at least this horrendous scene solidifies my theory about Danny being a huge comic book geek. To quote Kevin Smith, "We can smell our own."

Adam is probably the highlight of this episode... again. He's been doing that a lot lately and I hope he keeps it up. His bird impression and his successful attempts at making Mac chuckle always brings a smile to my face, but WHERE does Lindsay get off her with serious superiority complex over Adam! I've never seen her treat another tech that way, or anyone else working under Mac's team. Is she so bitter from being the newbie that she's got to treat Adam like crap? I hope he goes postal some day (soon) and she starts giving him a little respect.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

I had to think a bit to remember this case. I hope Mac doesn't get too much into trouble with Ella. (and if they try anything romantic, I'm gonna scream)

Totally agree about Danny, despite being something of a shipper myself. That is sooo not good in the middle of the lab.

LOL at Adam hand signaling Mac into his area.

I still can't help thinking of CSI Vegas and the ep with the bird in the nest. It's not quite the same but still...

ok back when the second half is over.

4. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Since I've already seen it (thanks roxi *huggles you*) I'll comment now.

I was surprised that Ella tried to commit suicide but I was a little surprised that Mac wanted to make such an attempt to help her. I agree with Stella that he can't save everybody. At first I thought he was interested in her which kinda creeped me out. :wtf: I was relieved to find out it wasn't that at all.

I got a laugh out of the eye falling into the cup mostly because of the looks on Mac and Stella's faces. Bird s**t was the most obvious assumption. I agree that it was a little too convenient that it was Mac and Stella. It could have been more interesting had it been say...Adam or even Flack.

What's with everybody saying BOOM? I'm sick of hearing Lindsay make attempts at being cute with it but now Mac? BOOM is starting to get as annoying as Montana. Which reminds me, the DL 'moment' was entirely inappropriate in the office full of other coworkers. Geez, if they're gonna show these 'family' moments, can't they at least show them OFF the clock? :rolleyes:

Yes. He used to look totally annoyed at those little demonstrations and explanations and Stella always seemed amused and once told Mac to hear Lindsay out because it was always worth it. I have to agree that Mac is too lenient on females. He doesn't think twice to bitching out one of the guys but yet with the females, he tends to let things slide. Lindsay leaving evidence out comes to mind. Mac fired Aiden for tampering with evidence. Isn't leaving it out and stomping off tampering with it, too? :confused:

Yes, you heard Danny right and I was thinking 2 months didn't sound long enough (looks like a finale birth is in the works :rolleyes:) but this is coming from the same people who made 4x21 Hostage and 5x01 Veritas on the same day. Who knows when the rest of the episodes took place or even if Hostage was in May.

Having Adam out of the lab and in the field is great to see. Adam is such a joy to watch and he deserves more screen time. It's also a nice break from Lindsay. I'd just like to know why Lindsay is always talking down to him. When did she become his boss? It seems we have more Hawkes screen time too now with Lindsay in the lab. The Adam/Danny scene is cute and well as the Adam/Mac scene. It's obvious Mac actually enjoys all of Adam's quirks.

Flack was a joy as always. His little take down scene was great although it was hard to tell what was going on at first but Flack got the guy in the end. :)

Overall this episode was ok but I've seen much better. Adam saved it as well as Flack's snarky comments and comebacks. The case itself did nothing for me. It was the characters that made this episode.

I give it a B.

5. MacsGirlMel

MacsGirlMel Mac's Personal Assistant

You guys make me jealous with your Canadian channel earlier airings lol

BTW I forgot, I loved Stella's comments in Greek again. Can anyone translate for us?

6. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I think the only way that would have made some sense is if perhaps Mac was saying it to Danny, as if to use the word in mimicking him or getting to it first just to tease him. That would make sense to me, but seeing as how they're just sayin' it apparently all the time now, it's getting tired, and serves to remind just how much personality swapping they're doing these days.

7. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

It seemed out of place, too. Danny and Don both always have a knack of using it in just the right spots. They seem to be doing major personality swapping. Last week was the worst when it seemed like Danny was morphing into Carmine. :rolleyes:

On another note, I forgot to mention those take down scenes are annoying with the freeze frames and quick movements. Just show it to me in real time please.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Typed as I watch, as usual.

~ Oh hai, crazy Ella.

~ What are the odds that it would fall in any coffee cup, much less Stella's? :rolleyes:

~ "It's an eye." - Well no shit, Sherlock.

~ Let's see how many times they can show the narsty eyeball in the cup.

~ Flack prefers cream. *waggles eyebrows* :devil:

~ SID! Eyeball-autopsy, eww.

~ Oh Sheldon, you're so smart, you sexy bastard. Rawr!

~ Oh Flack, it's nice to see you in more than two scenes this week. *pet pet*

~ Ewwww, body. :wtf:

~ EWEWEW, STOP SHOWING IT EW!

~ I think I might actually like this song. :eek: Usually I hate the music on this show.

~ I don't know what Danny said - try to speak clearly, plzthanx. Not that I'm sure I want to know what he said, but whatevs.

~ Sid and Sheldon scene = :adore:

~ :wtf: That scene with Lindsay is clearly proof that Danny has done lost his damn mind. :rolleyes:

~ Good scene with Mac and the wife.

~ ADAM!

~ "Behold the turkey buzzard" :lol:

~ Hahahaha! I love Adam and his dorky little bird impression.

~ "I guess we're gonna have to wing it." Oh, Adam. :lol:

~ Adam, you are such a dork. I love you and want to have your impossible babies. "Low man on totem pole's friend."

~ "To the Batcave, Robin" - what is this, superhero week?

~ Damn, Sheldon, you are one fiiiine mo-fo. Rawr! (I'm loving him in that striped shirt.)

~ "I do love you, Doc, but I often want to smack you." - Yay for expressions of manlove. Now for the manhugs, yes?

~ Happiness surrogate? :rolleyes: Only on CSI:NY.

~ That guy was obviously pushing his chin back so he'd have neckfat. :rolleyes:

~ Mac, listen to Stella. Also, please don't have sex with crazy Ella. She wants your body, and I don't think my brain can handle that.

~ Oh Adam, you're so smart, bb - and dorky. :D

~ "I'm not sure it's even human" - Oh, Adam. :lol:

~ Hahaha! Adam, you date some crazy women. ;)

~ LOL, "a horny perp" - I love that he makes himself giggle.

~ YOU MUST BE PATIENT, SHE'S PREGGERS - HUMOR HER. :rolleyes:

~ Mac, don't say "boom."

~ Danny and Flack scene. :)

~ Damnit, I just realized - has Flack been missing for most of this episode, or am I forgetting something?

~ "Why don't we start with public ugly, then we'll move on to murder." Oh, Flack.

~ Danny is such a snarky brat when Flack's around. ;)

~ Uh oh. :eek:

~ I figured the 'brother' was significant when they showed him making a fuss at the beginning.

~ Chase scene. Flack will be the one to take him down. *waits* Of course.

~ Hello, crazy Ella.

~ I thought I knew where Mac's story was going, but then I got confused.

~ She's crazy, Mac. Plz be advised. Let's hope she's not going to keep going batshit on his ass.

No preview since we get a repeat next week.

Overall, a pretty good episode. Adam and Flack had the best moments, as usual - what would this show be without those two? Danny and Lindsay need to learn to draw the line between personal and professional. I know they should have done that a long time ago, but c'mon. Mac needs to make sure he's careful with this whole Ella situation. Sheldon needs to keep on being sexy and smart and just generally awesome.

ETA: Regarding Lindsay - the season premiere took place in the spring because it was a continuation of the season 4 finale. However, the episode with the coach cut into pieces had Christmas wrapping paper in it, which seemed to be their non-direct way of saying that months have passed. So we're now caught up to 'present day', so to speak, allowing them to jump forward with Lindsay's pregnancy as well.

9. Uberniftacular

Uberniftacular Victim

In the manner of Fay, commentary typed as I watch.

Hey look, it's continuity.

Stella muttering in Greek = awesome.

Eyeball!

Eyeball-less person! EW.

...That would be Danny reading comic books to his unborn child.

Adam's bird imitation is silly. And highly entertaining.

Adam says "We'll just have to wing it"
    The look on Danny's face says, "Adam, I WILL let the vultures eat you."

Holy crap, Adam is REALLY close to the edge there. YEEK.

Oh, well that's charming. Did we need the re-enactment of the bird removing the stomach? Because, ew.

Did Sid REALLY just say, "To the Batcave, Robin"? REALLY?

Hawkes cracks the case!

Aw, Danny loves Hawkes.

FANCY.

...a "happiness surrogate"? Is that what they're calling them these days?

Strictly business? Riiiiiiiiiiight...

Did Stella just say "the evil eye"?

Creepy girl is still creepy.

DON'T DO IT. She's creepy!

Stella gets it. Good girl, Stella. Thank you for at least trying to make Mac see reason.

Aw, that little smile from Stella as she walked away.

Adam, are you a mime now?

Sneaky camera is sneaky.

And a creepy guy. "Not sure it's even human."

Giggly Adam.

Bwaha. Stella totally cut off Lindsay. That amuses me.

Mac just said "boom."

Ooh, Danny and Flack scene! Ridiculous looking setting, but...Danny and Flack.

Flack's expression says, "Be less absurd, plzkthx."

Heh. "Public ugly." ILU Flack.

"That remains to be seen." We seem to say that a lot lately.

"You got horns in your head, buddy...we're messed up?" Oh Danny. <3

That looks uncomfortable. People should not slash up other people's faces. It's just rude.

He's got marks on his hands! OOooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo.

Oh. NOT COOL. Enrico is a creepy creeper.

Sneaky people.

And we're apparently doing this freeze-frame-during-the-chase-scene thing again. I'm not sure if I like it.

*snerk* "She's not more your sister than I am"

Flack's tie...has flowers on it? Perhaps?

And a lovely leather jacket on Stella.

...Why, Mac, WHY?

Yes, he's heard that one. You're not as cute as you think you are, sweetie. At least she seems less creepy now.

And I feel the need to note...I didn't hate any of the music this week. When there was music, for a sec I was all, "am I watching the right show?"

10. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

The freeze frames remind me of CSI Miami, honestly. And I agree that it was a little too convenient for eyeball to fall into Stella's cup of coffee - and I was entertained by Adam and his imitation of the bird.

Apparently everyone has spent too much time with Danny and now they're using his word - Flack, Lindsay, now Mac.

I didn't think that Danny talking to the unborn kid was that bad (kinda sweet) - although probably something that shouldn't be done while working.

11. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Overall I thought it was a pretty good episode.

How amazing is that an eyeball just happens to fall into a cup of coffee belonging to a CSI? Can you say good timing ;) The dude's dead body was rather nasty though. And they kept showing it too. Over and over and over again...

Flack and Adam were hilarious throughout the entire episode as usual.
    Adam re-enacting the vultures' feeding habits was priceless :lol:
    Flack and his "Why don't we start with public ugly?"
    Gotta love the two of them.

I thought that Danny telling superhero stories to Lindsay's stomach was cute. I'm sure Danny had something more important and work related he should have been doing instead, but it was cute anyway.

No promo for the next episode though :(

12. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

We don't get 5.17 until March 11.

13. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

From what I remember because I am now sleep deprived...

~Mac & Stella having coffee YAY! :thumbsup:

~Things falling from the sky into Stella's coffee (remind me to always cover my coffee if I ever go to NY) :lol:

~Adam acting like a bird...oh that was too funny. :lol:

~I may be in the minority, but Danny talking to the baby was just too adorable. :luvlove:

~HA HA, Danny offered Mac the cream. :guffaw::guffaw:

~Flack, how I missed you.

~The horny guy :guffaw::guffaw:Adam your too funny

~Mac says boom now too :wtf:

~Stella tells Mac to stay away from crazy stalker girl, why don't you listen :scream:

~Why is Sofia cheating on Lincoln, oh wait sorry wrong show. :lol: Falling in love with a rich guy, that's a new one :wtf:

~Mac stay away from crazy girl, no good can come from this :scream:

Ok, I'm done now.

14. Cyriusly now...

Cyriusly now... Hit and Run

Mac saying "boom" made me squee. <_<

I really enjoyed this ep. Banter has returned to the show after taking a break last week. :D There were a lot of great lines. Danny/Adam moments were awesome. And Mac was in high form this week.

Though I'm thinkin something is going to go down with the girl he visited. She has stalker written all over her.

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I am pleased Ella's storyline will continue however i want to kick some butts. What the heck is happening to Mac??? And he didn't listen Stella's advice. Great! Next time she dissobeys you, go and shut your mouth, Mac!

The eyeball falling from the sky is not convenient, it's SMACked. We have been deprived of Smacked scenes this season and that's the way to make up for us :D

Thanks. I will write my review in 12 hours :D

Debbie :D